8 hours ago, Corvid_Fan said:

can you just email them to me?

Hello and welcome to EB.
A few notes:
Try not to post your email address on a public forum. I have removed it.
Use proper capitulation and punctuation.
Have some patience. Efferman is working hard, and he provides his work for free.

2 hours ago, Technic tango said:

I made this and am very proud of it. It’s my first custom piece that isn’t just a modified liftarm or somethinghttps://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5475535

This looks cool, indeed a hub like that would be really welcome (even without the ball bearing). It would be good to have more pictures of the inside of it. Did you just put a regular new CV joint through it (both female and male part)?

3 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

This looks cool, indeed a hub like that would be really welcome (even without the ball bearing). It would be good to have more pictures of the inside of it. Did you just put a regular new CV joint through it (both female and male part)?

Yeah I tried integrating the female cv into the whole thing but the tolerances were just too annoying without a resin printer. You should be able to view those parts in any way you like if you open them in any 3D viewing software (there are some built into windows like paint 3D and windows 3D viewer)

8 hours ago, Technic tango said:

Yeah I tried integrating the female cv into the whole thing but the tolerances were just too annoying without a resin printer. You should be able to view those parts in any way you like if you open them in any 3D viewing software (there are some built into windows like paint 3D and windows 3D viewer)

Not using Windows, but I managed to open it and view it, thanks :) I actually like the idea of a non-integrated CV joint as well..

Hey again Efferman!
I had tried contacting you a while ago, but I'm gonna just redo my request for brevity's sake.
I am hoping to request you design a Stephenson eccentric strap that can fit and lock around a 4x4 round brick (6222); basically a circle cut in half and hollow, with axle joining areas on two sides, and an axle hole on top of the top half. Please see the gif link and image of a roughly machined (non-lego) example below:

So all told something 6x6 or slightly smaller, and preferably between 1 and 1.5 studs wide. I am hoping that some axles with bushes on both ends can hold the top and bottom half together while still allowing the 4x4 round brick inside to turn. Let me know what you think!

Edited by GeorgeCrecy

As a replacement of the two 2L crossaxles i can make a Pin connection to make the connection more safe.

52409982412_f0a732c02b_c.jpg

Or something interlocking

52410030567_46b39e46d8_c.jpg

or maybe in one piece?

Which connection type do you want for the link to the Valve?

By the way....... Why has it to be this big?

Edited by efferman

Hey there Efferman,

This looks fantastic so far! And actually, a combo of the interlocking feature with the axle connection would both match the look and be even stronger than a pin connection. 

The only thing missing is just one of the halves to "flange" up as shown in the example image, with another axle hole in it and offset to one side rather than centered in the flange to allow for this whole contraption to connect with something further above it.

And to answer your question, it's this size because I'm making a working minifigure-scale model of the Titanic's Reciprocating Engines, and this was the one thing I couldnt achieve with existing parts.

https://i.imgur.com/BUtdc7u.png?1

Edited by GeorgeCrecy

10 minutes ago, GeorgeCrecy said:

The only thing missing is just one of the halves to "flange" up as shown in the example image, with another axle hole in it to allow for this whole contraption to connect with something further above it.

This was the connection i have asked for.

Hey efferman,

Ah, I gotcha. Given how this will move, only axle connections should suffice for the whole thing, both for the top "flange" and for the two sides. Also, take a peek at the picture I linked in my last post if you like a sneak peek!

1 hour ago, gyenesvi said:

Furthermore, another interesting way to use this hub would be with independent suspension, as in a hummer. However, that would require the U-joint to bend upwards, which needs a bit of clearance.

it becomes more and more like my old portal hub.

52593791920_4e1808720e_c.jpg

https://bricksafe.com/files/efferman/stud.io-parts/neo portal.io

For the independent suspension it would be neccessary to have fixed towballs. A Pin solution needs in my opinion cv-joints to have enough space.

On 12/29/2022 at 1:42 PM, efferman said:

it becomes more and more like my old portal hub.

That's a nice design as well, I never saw that one. Have you tested it in real life? So that has the extra half stud of width as well, but it's distributed differently. However, the new design we are discussing has the theoretical possibility of having both a half stud narrower and wider version. So what do you think of making the inner spinning part from two halves as I described? Or any other way to make the spinning part interchangeable, to have an option for both wider and narrower version for different tires?

For the independent suspension it would be neccessary to have fixed towballs. A Pin solution needs in my opinion cv-joints to have enough space.

Well, I'm afraid that might be true, just thought it may be possible to come up with a partial solution that's usable in some situations, like lower angles of the suspension arm. The CV joint does not sound like a good solution due to its limited steering angle, especially when it is in an independent suspension when it also needs to be angled upwards (becomes even more limited).

Edited by gyenesvi

@efferman do you maybe have a part file for a 32T gear? Also for the modification of the official lego portal hub that we came up with together a while ago? Thanks!

Hi @efferman! Been looking into building your TGS rotator MOC and saw on Shapeways there are multiple print material options for some of the required custom parts. Is there any benefit to print for example the diff frame in premium/processed plastic versus the default material?

46 minutes ago, mojo_nav said:

Is there any benefit

The Surface on the outside is smoother. Not more, not less. I always do order unprocessed parts.

On 7/15/2023 at 3:25 PM, efferman said:

The Surface on the outside is smoother. Not more, not less. I always do order unprocessed parts.

Thanks for the tip bro! Appreciate ya!