Hello efferman,

Today I received my mini front drive axle and mini portal axle.

Is there something I do wrong, or is there an 1 stud error in the design? The turning point of the hubs and CV joints is 1 stud away from each other.

Efferman mini frontaxles.jpg

Edited by JanGroen
Edit photo.

The parts are not designed für universal joints. Do you have tried the cv joints with the dark grey part on the wheel side?

sorry, i need a reference for the correct dimensions of the connection to the axle, and i dont own a dirt crusher

On 11/19/2018 at 9:44 PM, efferman said:

The parts are not designed für universal joints. Do you have tried the cv joints with the dark grey part on the wheel side?

Ok I see. I have tried the CV joints and they fit. One big disadvantage of these CV joints is the very small steering angle. I had hoped that this was not an issue with your front axles, but it still is.

Efferman, hi.
Do use Lego's own dimensions when making holes w/ or w/o crosses, and beams or have you done some testing to find something that works for you?

I make Lego too, but I use FDM 3D printer. Works great even with really small gears.
I had to test dimensions and have found something that works for me.

Holes are 4.9mm in diameter. the cross in crossholes is 1.85mm thick, but this is still a gamble if it fits, is falling through or to tight.

In mine models. Its about 0.1/0.2mm bigger at both holes and crosses, diameter diffrentiate between axle spinning and joint connector. Havent found the correct dim. When the joint fits tight. The spinning axle does not.

Hello Efferman! Great things that you do! I've been looking for a connector like 92907 but with axle hole (not pin hole) on the top. Could you help me out?

lego-medium-stone-gray-technic-cross-blo

Could you possibly make a 8L or 9L link but with perpendicular joints rather than on the same plane? I have an idea for them but don't have time to make them, I can print the parts however.

32293.png 

Hi Efferman your work is awesome.

I am currently building J Ottens LTM11200 Have you had any experience with anybody asking about your turntable that might solve the problem of not it turning 360 with out help.Has any one used your large turntable for this  MOC

i would like to use 2 of your large actuators for the rise boom function what are the max load the actuator can take

many thanks dean

Edited by Djmoney

Hi efferman 

2kgs with one actuator is good news

The turntable is 17 across in diameter and weight of superstructure and boom I think is about 4kgs I read somewhere 

best regards dean

7BD5BC22-452E-4380-B021-EE0215E53771.jpeg

24 minutes ago, efferman said:

then you can use the one with 17 studs diameter

Hi efferman 

sorry I should have read the thread from the start as I did find your 17 turntable

would you recommend to use 4 wheel holders for the weight 4+ kg  of this structure and boom?

have you had any experience in making a crane boom extend and the system that you would use

as this MOC is using a string/winch purchase system to extend the boom

as the normal Lego system would make the boom too heavy as now the 4 section boom is about 2.5 meters fully extended 

have you had any ideas about a system that would be different and better than perverse systems.

many thanks dean

E59C6216-DA66-49A5-9F4F-DB3FEECB80C9.jpeg

10 minutes ago, efferman said:

Four wheelholders are highly recommended, and for the boom extend mechanism, use @Jeroen Ottens system, he knows what he is doing.

Thank you 

I’ll placing a order tonight from shapeways

best regards dean

Hi efferman 

I’ve seen on your shapeways page you’ve designed some crane hooks could you design one for j Ottens moc?

Plastics would work for the build

best regards dean

C57F1F20-9EA9-4120-953A-579E50AA5A5F.jpeg

6ED6E20C-8468-4CAF-8563-F035C13589BE.jpeg

A9B652E1-AF4F-4A98-8BEE-DE21B513594D.jpeg

Hi there!
This is a very fun post to follow to.
I would like to know that will you do Metal gear and Axle?

10 minutes ago, efferman said:

i guess it is done, when between the holes on the turntables is a distance like a liftarm 6? https://www.shapeways.com/product/TRVQMMSW7/hook-for-jeroen-ottens-ltm-11200

Metal parts i will not make

Perfect thank you 

your work is excellent 

any chance you could design the housing that holds hook and the pulleys ?

Kind regards dean

14EAF7C1-1FB6-431F-B1D6-047E870C5920.jpeg

5375FAAD-7EB5-4380-819A-C6B962AABACC.jpeg

Edited by Djmoney

I have order some Xl actuators and gearrack actuator

do you have a list of Lego parts that will complete the actuators

many thanks dean