Just now, efferman said:

The seller has the option to make different colours available. Maybe polishing, which is necessary for colouring, is to stressfull for the design and allows no colour option. So the seller makes only white available.

Have you checked sevenstuds designs? He has some wheel covers would possibly fit.

That could be the case, especially for the fragile rims
I have seen sevenstuds designs, but these are 7-spoke versions, just like the LEGO ones, so then I prefer the real thing

On 22.4.2017 at 3:02 AM, AFOLegofan66 said:

for complex 3d printed shapes I use a small stainless steel brush. It looks like a tooth brush but very handy. Of course drills are great for any holes and wet and dry sand paper for flat surfaces.

And for cross axle holes? I have the https://www.shapeways.com/product/VP2EZPT6M/torsen-diff-36-z and the cross axle hole on all gears are so tight that I can't get an axle in without fear to break it. Any help is helpful.

Thank you for your time, and have a great day!

I've never done this with Shapeways parts, but I've used both Dremel bits and jeweler's files to get in tight places for sanding. I'd hit up Harbor Freight, and pick up some tiny files.

11 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

I've never done this with Shapeways parts, but I've used both Dremel bits and jeweler's files to get in tight places for sanding. I'd hit up Harbor Freight, and pick up some tiny files.

8 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

I use small jewelers files for 3d printed parts also. Works very well!!

Thank you guys, I'll try to find some fine and small files.

20 hours ago, efferman said:

Sure, share your ideas.

Okay, I have a few, although I'm counting on your computer rendering skills, since I don't have any... :grin: 

1) Is it possible to make a 3L differential with a spur gear (eg, a 16t), using the normal 12t bevels inside? I was thinking of something really similar to the current 28t 3L diff, except with a 16t or 24t spur in place of the 28t bevel... (it would be great if the drive gear (whatever spur gear is in place of the 28t bevel) was removable/exchangeable, but I understand that's pushing it a bit too much...)

2) (I'm unsure whether someone has already mentioned this, but, I'm going ahead anyway) a custom shock absorber for McPherson suspensions, based on the small 6.5L, but with a 1L axle slot on the top, making it a 7.5L (pretty difficult to describe, but imagine combining the 6.5 L absorber with a #1 connector on its top) 

I'm hoping to come up with some more soon, but I think these are all for now...

6 hours ago, AttentionSpanner said:

Okay, I have a few, although I'm counting on your computer rendering skills, since I don't have any... :grin: 

Hi,

Please don't quote images, unless necessary. You can remove them before you post the message. Thanks.

hello efferman

first of all i like your work very much. i bought the turntable ..got it today ,it is difficult to assemble the outer parts on the main part but i can solve this with sand paper (if you have different idea i'd like to hear about it)

i  suggest to make the 7x1 beam wider like 7x2 beam..it would make the main part very strong, same for the beam on the outer parts

3 hours ago, efferman said:

need someone a micro motor?

There should be a large demand for a custom micro motor as there are a lot of AFOLS requesting LEGO to produce a new one. What are your plans with this? Deliever a complete set or just the housing?

Some years ago I bought a custom micro motor from  someone on Ebay, he build the motor inside a Lego technic cylinder housing. Works great, but by the time I wanted to another couple of these he wasn't available on Ebay anymore.

Micro motor is really a great idea !
I received mine buy on ebay today ! 

Housing and 8t are printed with my own 3D printer.
He works fine !

168875Photo22122017212731.jpg

706024Photo22122017212749.jpg

Edited by TeClem8

Uhm yes, but not enough to engage the internal clutch.

Edited by TeClem8

12 hours ago, TeClem8 said:

Uhm yes, but not enough to engage the internal clutch.

Just asking out of curiosity - did you test it for diret wheel powering (like CLAAS tire)?

Thanks

Hi Efferman, 

I would like a part that is similar to the part in the picture, but I need it to be 4 studs long and the thin part needs to be thick. Also the pins have to be 1 stud long instead of a half pin the axle hole needs to stay also

Thnx

Christian .

4261.png