Hi Effe, is there a way to combine parts to get the price down a little bit? I'm wanting to use some of your 49x20 mudguards for two of my trucks, a quick count tells me I need 24 of your mudguards for this project (four on each axle), that's a total of 181.- in muduards.

I'm willing to pay the premium for your time invested in these products, but together with some 62x20 sets Shapeways is quoting me 276.- including shipping. Even with Lego being the charity i'm hesitating. :blush:

High volume, less plastic parts like mudguards will not really save money with part combining. to much hollow space. when you have access to a homeprinter i can give you the cad file and you can try to print it yourself. this would be cheaper

Sorry if you have done something like this before, but would it be possible to print a rim where the turning point is in the middle of the wheel. It could be done in various sizes and have an inbuilt universal joint to transfer drive. An idea like this would be good in a model because mudguards could be a realistic size and there would be less tire scrub.

Cheers, Jim

I don't know if this is mentioned before or if there is a thread for "technic part wishes" so I will just write that here: I wish for a part that is seen in the old studded Technic but not the unstudded. That is the L Technic brick. Why we don't have L beam? ( I mean with horizonral holes ).

ok samer, would this fit your need?

24000163761_9868de0beb_c.jpg

i have here two videos for you

Edited by efferman

Seems like that turntable needs to be integrated into your Grove 6400 superstructure along with the linear actuator. The old turntable is the remaining weak spot.

I really like the turntable support, with that, a decent and stable crane construction would be possible

ok samer, would this fit your need?

24000163761_9868de0beb_c.jpg

Thank you Efferman yes this is what I mean. I think TLG should make that, IMHO it would facilitate builds a lot.

Eric, actually iam working on the basics of a superstructure with the Turntablesupport.

24074971946_56e785419f_c.jpg

Richard, the Design is no problem, but iam not sure how airtight it will be.

Effer....can you make this part in different configs?.....such as a minus - design and plus + design.

also....how about angles such as #3 #4 #5 #6

?

4697b.gif

That would come in handy indeed.

An E configuration would be nice to, with 2,3 or 4 inlets on one side along the length of the main line, so that you can put switches besides each other and connect them one the mail line.

It would look like multiple T-pieces next to each other.

Edited by Dafgek81

:sweet: I,ve just looked at shapeways "The Efferman collection". Effermann you have done some truly amazing designs for lego modders. A big thank you is simply not enough. Edited by ctx1769

Hi effe, great job of your new design turntable support. Could you send the cad file to me so I can print it by myself ? Cause the shapeway price little bit expensive.

Great work Efferman. Really impressed with all your designs. Really interested in the large turntable. Far better than the hailfire droid wheels I used in the past.

Could you make a design for the Technic Liftarm 1 x 11.5 Double Bent "32009" but one stud shorter on the short edge leaving only one pin hole and one axle hole?

@ efferman That new turntable idea looks great. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Maybe that 'technic' piece (that holds the three wheels) could be used in (4) positions using a common LEGO 90* connector?

http://alpha.brickli...age?P=55615#T=C

New turntable parts received and prior to using them on my crane build I tried the suggestion that 4 wheel holders could be used and connected by Lego 90 deg connectors.

It doesn't work - a 4L x 4L- 90 deg connector would be required to get aligment correct.