Many thanks for your feedback. I will look how i can improve the strength of the parts

Do you have access to a 3D printer to actually see your parts being made?.

Edited by thestericho

Hi, someone needs a turntable with a diameter of roundabout 18 studs , so i have thought about a bearing system to reduce the friction. the final turntable will have 2 printed parts which fits without any lock together. First when the 22 bearings and its 2m axles are added te upper and lower parts are locked together.

18035083231_45461884d0_z.jpg

rollenlagerdrehkranz by Michael Wirth, auf Flickr

what do you think about it

Good concept. Will you be putting a hole in the top face of the upper piece so the 2M axles and rollers can be removed?

Thanks

yes, there will be one hole in the upper part to have access to the 2m axles

A while a go I aked you if you could look in to making a U.S style rim for the normal size truck rim (trucks like 8258-8285).

Have you given it any thought?

No, the Chrome ones you see on the highway riggs.

With the big shiny center hub and the shiny front rims.

maxresdefault.jpg

I mean these type off wheel rims

Edited by Dafgek81

put a chromed 4x4 dish in center to hide the six hole adaptor. you can use the rim on front and rear axle

17855973008_3c766357b6_z.jpg

18043931945_6453305291_z.jpg

is it this what you search for?

Great work, thanks.

Have to save a little bit before I can order any, wallet is kind of empty right now.

Still trying to collect the last 1600 parts for the Actros I am trying to build, the old school one from Sandman/ brickforge.de

All I see is vehicle parts or parts to make longer or shorter connections, there was that one bionicle part. no offense I just don't make a lot of cars.

Edited by Nevercallmebyneme

interesting first post - perhaps you'd like to make a suggestion of a part you need?

I was going to but then I suddenly couldn't think of any sugestions.

My current goals for lego building are (and all in minifig scale) a double track wide super-train, a zeppelin, and a star-fighter that flaps it's wings like a bumblebee.

If I remember any of the individual parts I dream of I will pop back in

Hi, someone needs a turntable with a diameter of roundabout 18 studs , so i have thought about a bearing system to reduce the friction. the final turntable will have 2 printed parts which fits without any lock together. First when the 22 bearings and its 2m axles are added te upper and lower parts are locked together.

18035083231_45461884d0_z.jpg

rollenlagerdrehkranz by Michael Wirth, auf Flickr

what do you think about it

I think it will be better if the bearings are vertical, since they are not ball bearings. Also, any force applied in the direction of the rotation axis of the turntable will be applied perpendicular to the direction of where the bearings would be strongest (horizontal).

i know that this would be best, but a turntable wich cant jump off and this rollers would be nearly 5 studs high.the other possibility would be a real ball bearing inspired by the german turntable manufacturer IMO

18084557905_00c34dd5d0_z.jpg

but who wants assemble 500 very small steelballs?

so i think the vertical rollers and its diagonal surfaces are a good compromise

Edited by efferman

but who wants assemble 500 very small steelballs?

I've got a pair of tweezers and carpet in which to lose them. Make my day, I say.

I've got a pair of tweezers and carpet in which to lose them. Make my day, I say.

Steel balls require a hardened steel raceway on which to bear because of the high contact stress, otherwise they will just dent the surface. I think using steel balls with a 3D printed raceway would just destroy the plastic and would not roll smoothly.

Would plastic balls on plastic be a better choice?

Magnetic sweeper could be a good investment. :classic: