There is not much difference between yours and my linear valve

new perpendicular connectors maybe a alternative for the rare 61905 actuator holder

625x465_2665101_6624244_1410979266.jpg

And a small update on the Heavy duty turntable. the update has saved nearly a quarter of the material and makes the mounting more easy, because there are less possibilitys for conflicts

625x465_2665011_6623925_1410977778.jpg

Edited by efferman

Lol, that looks like Divinycel, or some other kind of fine grain foam material in that picture :laugh:

Thanks for the turntable update, I might just go and buy one if my prototype needs a stronger turntable n.n!

The actuator has arrived and it works nearly out of the box. only removing of some dust was neccessary to work like this.

actually there is some dust remaining in the tread so it should work proper after more cleaning

Wow, great! I also think that adding weight to the boom will give some smoothness in the movement. Normally those actuators aren't without load either.

here it is, but for this it needs a xl motor

edit

i think this is enough power

Edited by efferman

I am very impressed :classic: It's really astonishing how well it works for a first physical iteration.

thanks guys

Balrog, to be exact i have to say this is the second physical iteration. the first one was very rudimentary actuator with only a pistonrod, the treaded pipe and a very simple holder.

this in the video was the version 1.0 with a to wobbly pistonrod and a to loose clutch. i have made a modification set to test the version 1.1 which is actually online on shapeways. When the new clutch is to tight, this will be changed in 1.2.

but first a small vid about the internals of v1.0

Incredible work! I am very interested in getting one of these. Do you think the design is refined enough for purchase or do you still intend to make some changes to optimize it?

In your demo video, did you gear down the motor or are you driving the actuator at 1:1?

The XL motor is going 1 to 1 into the actuator and inside of the actuator 4 to 1

If you order it today it will work, but please wait till i have the new clutch and the new pistonrod to test it.

PROlego for me the actuator is expensive too

btw, this power is a big challenge in construction, the boom is absolutely to weak and the actual uppercarriage is bending under the load too :laugh:

How much do you think it would cost to replicate the 70644 hook in black? I do not wish to pay full price for the metal one that I may only use once.

ok

shapeways makes at october the 7th a change in prices. large single pieces will be cheaper, Sets with many small pieces will cost more.

some examples

rigid hose connector 10 very small pieces from now 3,10€ to 15,62€

wheelloader rim four large pieces from now 49,09€ to 74,90€

rim for tire 116 36 R11 one extremely large piece from now 80,70€ to 64,38€

truck frame piece one large piece from now 26,18€ to 21,26€

to solve the set problem i have to make the sets to handle like one piece. i have done this at the torsen diff yet

torsen diff 36z

625x465_1981872_6830233_1412148660.jpg

this is made by a 0,8mm string which is going through the holes and holding the pieces together.

Edited by efferman

Efferman, I really appreciate all your works and this "projects" of 3D printed parts, but I have a question: nowadays you can buy a good 3D printer for 1.500£, ( a friend of mine has one and does the job), so why do you use shapeways? I mean...isn't more convenient for you to buy a 3D printer and do your own business?? A linear actuator like that would be 4 times cheaper....and you know it... :sweet: :sweet:

this 1500 pound printer dont prints nylon and iam not a bussinessman. beside this a own printer would be very cool

Edited by efferman

this 1500 pound printer dont prints nylon and iam not a bussinessman. beside this a own printer would be very cool

I told you, a friend of mine has it and it does priny Nylon! :) If I was you I would seriuosly consider it.....it would be worth! :sweet: