rm8, here is the link

https://www.shapeways.com/model/1856329/wormgear-counterpart.html?li=my-models&materialId=6

btw, has you get the parts from shapeways?

black build, the complete suspension? which dimensions?

No, they are somewhere in Russia, very close to me. I will get them next week:)

I cant order directly to Russia, cause they dont ship to our country since december 2013. So, I ordered through my friend in Germany

Edited by rm8

Ah, i don't have any dimentions... I was thinking about planetary hubs made out of real lego (like on your MAN KAT) so I don't need u- joints either. So the red part, the upper and lower suspension parts and something that connects the hub with the upper and lower suspension arms. For zise, its for a monster truck, so it doesn't have to be very small. I hope this info helps :S

You can also google some pictures from a traxxas summit/e-revo to get an idea.

Edited by Black-Build

Got my Shapeways order and the parts are better than what I've printed locally. Maybe I will have to buy a printer after all :( Or just use shapeways and cry about the shipping cost. The two-wide diff is better than I expected after printing one that I couldn't assemble without filing a lot of it away, then it broke. The shapeways one is better... but still a lot of friction, I will have to get out the scalpel and maybe some silicone grease to get it to actually work as a diff. I'm also concerned about the longevity of those little pointy teeth on the driver gear, but I'll see what hap[pens when I start using it.

parts.jpg

I also printed a couple of universal joints, and they also work. I found a 3/16" drill bit worked better than a metric size one for cleaning out the holes (should be ~4.25mm, a metric size I don't have).

Thanks Efferman

Edited by Moz

this type of diff was dedicated for some city stuff with very small tires. so i hope you dont need much torque. but maybe the crowngear is stronger than it appears

The 42030 has no Rim Covers, the Rim is only yellow ;)

I think we are talking about these rim covers

640x853.jpg

Has anyone ordered the yellow 42030 rim covers? I'm curious if the color is similar to the real Lego yellow.

These rims arrive in a 'White' color. I used paint just for "Plastic Patio Furniture", it sticks well and matches Lego Yellow, pretty good, as can be seen in the pictures.

In real life and in the sun, you really can't tell the difference between the two. ( use light multi-coats of spray to avoid drips ) :wink:

Would it be possible to make a ball joint rod end with threads that could be screwed into a standoff, so you could make some longer links?

Would it be possible to make a ball joint rod end with threads that could be screwed into a standoff, so you could make some longer links?

should be possible, but the next two, maybe more, weeks iam on the dark side of the moon and i have no access to my CAD PC.

should be possible, but the next two, maybe more, weeks iam on the dark side of the moon and i have no access to my CAD PC.

Enjoy your holidays :)

thanks

now iam back at home and i have a question about the adjustable pushrods. do you want to use a threaded rod with a left right thread from rc models?

I meant like this:

O---

The O would fit over a regular lego ball joint, and the --- are threads. You would have one on each end of the link and a threaded standoff attaching them, like this:

O-=====-O, where the ===== is the standoff.

Edited by Technyk32231

ok, so end part is DAD and the middle part is his wife.

damn, printing so small threads is highly critical. would it not better to make different lengths as single part, like my 5L pushrods?

ok, so end part is DAD and the middle part is his wife.

damn, printing so small threads is highly critical. would it not better to make different lengths as single part, like my 5L pushrods?

There are two dads, one wife. :) It might be a better idea to use single parts, but this was just an idea.

Hi Efferman

First off some stunning work here. Love the parts.

I have one that would possibly be interesting and hopefully useful and easy to do:

a 5x5 Version of this

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=64179

Was thinking with 3 inward facing holes on all 4 sides and a upward facing hole on the 4 corners.

In any case keep up the good work

Aaaa man that is just so nice and awesome.

Thanks

Question for you I see some of the parts are available in polished but only in some colours. So if they polish it does it take of a small layer and make the parts more loose or doe they take that into account. And why for example isn't there a black polished. These are realy just things I have been wondering about and thought maybe you already know the answsers to them

Regards

Edited by Alien

the material thickness difference between polished or unpolished is roundabout a tenth of a mm. And this is in their tolerance.

Ive got another idea. Basically, imagine a 2L axle, but each 1L part of it can rotate independently of the other. I was thinking if using the tiny pin connection found in City wheels.

on a 3L axle this should work when the center is not a cross. but iam sceptic how solid this connection will be. In which function do you would using this?

on a 3L axle this should work when the center is not a cross. but iam sceptic how solid this connection will be. In which function do you would using this?

Sorry, i cant go on the computer right now, but ill post a pic later. Edited by Technyk32231