two new parts

an axle 3m with pin. not sure about the friction of the pin.

625x465_2043176_3037337_1402046276.jpg

and a h shaped liftarm with a pinhole between the two sides

625x465_2028118_3000366_1401691517.jpg

btw, shapeways offers now wax as material which makes it possible to make your own casting mould for metal parts

Edited by efferman

i think the gearbox for a motor like this is a bit to much for my abilitys in making gears. Ozshan has me contacted that the helical gears of the torsen diff not work under load

I was just scanning through looking at the history of awesome parts and stumbled across this post. Efferman I think you have me confused with someone else. I've not had anything to do with the Torsten diffs.

Cheers.

What is the better material to print in 3d? Here in Brazil I find more ABS and PLA. Nylon is very expensive here... :sceptic:

i think it depends on the quality of the printer, but nylon with its sls method has the advantage that it needs no support structure which has to removed later. an abs printer ads some supports to the modelthat it not will collapse during the printing process. someone has wanted to print my large turntable in abs, but the print has added so much support to it, that it was not usable.

Hello Efferman.

What about a new kind of pneumatic valve ?

06-pneumatic-linear-valve_02.jpg

This is not my design, but how about putting the hose connectors on top instead, so you

can place them side by side instead.

tis is a very interesting design and you are right, in and outlets on top would be better.

i will try to design one, but i think the width will be 2 studs and the length four studs, because the sealing will need its space

tis is a very interesting design and you are right, in and outlets on top would be better.

i will try to design one, but i think the width will be 2 studs and the length four studs, because the sealing will need its space

I think thats gonna be your most challenging part so far?

rockbrick, one input, two outputs.

but the more important question: why so complex?

14204550987_1136e77278_z.jpg

14204551407_4d35fb17f5_z.jpg

Can you make an internal part thats more suitable for proportioning? Maybe have the holes open very gradually. Its very difficult to get proportional flow control out of standard Lego valves.I think it might also be useful to capture the vent. Then the builder could use it for a vent or a two pole switch. Putting some resistance on the vent my also help with controllability.

Edited by Bzroom

I dont know how i can do it with gaskets. Real proportional valves are very accurate in dimensions and dont need gaskets. So they can make a slow opening.

You could use discreet proportional control, like the Lego servo, it may only have 3 open rates, each separated by a gasket. The valve could have 7 discreet locations, closed, and 3 rates in each direction. Replace the number 3 with your desired precision.

Great job on simplifying my design. My big problem was that there was no release of pressure. Just a nice idea, be needed some more attention. Now you've been a busy little bee and are designing parts faster than I can come up with :)

I have real trouble getting my designs made. I used Shapeways before, but the quality wasn't good enough for Lego. Looking at your test video's of your designed parts, the white nylon looks good and is strong enough. Perhaps I'll give it an other trie.

thanks, but your design was a good idea

at thursday a new set of parts will arrive my home. some types of universal joints, the 8 tooth free run gears, leaf and coil springs

Edited by efferman