Sign in to follow this  
Deathleech

Best Hair Pieces for LotR Characters?

After looking at some of my LotR characters I decided I would go one step further in making them stand out by giving them hair pieces. The problem is I am not sure which are the best hair options. The main characters I am looking at right now are Eomer and Theoden. Eomer in particular needs to stand out because the cloak alone just isn't doing it for me. I have tons of other minifigures with his face, torso, and helm serving as generic Rohan Soldiers and the cloak is the only thing I use to differentiate Eomer from them. Theoden is already pretty unique with his brown and gold armor but I would like a hair piece for him as well when he isn't all geared up.

What have others found to be the best hair piece for these two characters? I was looking some up on BL and it seems the female hair pieces are the best for Eomer as he has fairly long hair? Which is the closest match to his hair in the movie though? I also would like to find some better hair for Gandalf and Lurtz if anyone has any good suggestions for them, though they aren't as important. Their current hair doesn't really look that good and I am sure there are better options out there.

I find Fili's hair to be the closest match to Eomer. For Theoden I'd go with Aragorn's hairpiece in dark tan which was released in sets such as 7189 Mill Village Raid and 4435 Car and Caravan.

lor036.jpgcty262.jpg

That is one piece I was considering using. I was also looking at using these two for Eomer:

90396.jpg?159363.jpg?0

I was worried they might look too feminine and the second doesn't come in the right color. I like the pulled back look in this image. Thoughts?

eomer.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind the second one I posted, I just saw the front view and it's totally wrong.

Edited by Deathleech