gallery_2351_18_164.gif

12102830484_f7338c6a72_z.jpg

Fríðr & Vilhjálmur por Guilherme Fadista, no Flickr

Fríðr is a small but agile spaceship. Armed only with two front lasers, it's biggest strenght comes from the speed. That feature allowed it to escape countless conflicts with the Empire.

12102496385_fa7c508cca_z.jpg

Fríðr personal speeder por Guilherme Fadista, no Flickr

From above, showing the engines, cockpit and the front lasers.

12102515635_5ced1ddb7c_z.jpg

From behind, the microengines that give Fríðr the speed and maneuverability.

12102816523_8fb9f73efd_z.jpg

Greebles underneath! :wub:

12102838254_3790bc2a92_z.jpg

Vilhjálmur, the renegade clone por Guilherme Fadista, no Flickr

Vilhjálmur, the pilot. A renegade Clone Commando who refused to execute Order 66 and now lives on the run, chased by his old comrades. I will reveal more of his story soon in another MOC.

This ship was created using only parts from the Republic Attack Shuttle 8019 set, to complement another MOC I will be presenting soon. It all started with the 1x1 round plates attaching to the inferior part of the arch bricks. I created the engines and from there I started to build the rest. I'm not fully satisfied with the transition from the cockpit to the front, especially the sides, but I kept true to my "rule" of using only parts from one set.

Out of curiosity, Fríðr means peace in icelandic, and Vilhjálmur is their version of my name :grin:

EDIT 25/1/2014 - Here is the link to the first chapter of his adventures http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91236

Edited by Diaaabo

Looks very nice and sleek!, I like the details on the rear and underneath, I would suggest another solution for the nose and the guns on the front, every thing else looks great :thumbup: .

Well done on the overall design, color scheme and tail section. I really like the use of the turbine(?) piece for the back of the cockpit.

If you move to one attachment for the front panels and have it near the back, you'll be able to avoid having the hinge on the nose.

For using only set, this is a magnificent achievement!

I like the design a lot, it looks a bit like a vintage car from the 50s, so it fits the Republic Era style of things. Speaking of which: I'd add fins to the end part of the wings to complement that style.

As for the nose transition, rounded slopes wold work better and look cleaner. But I don't know if these come with the set you are using for parts.

It's also interesting to see a norse name for a ship and pilot in the Star Wars universe.

All in all great work!

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Thank's everyone for the tips, the ship will be reviewed during the storyline.

As for the norse names, I am passionate about nordic culture, history and language, so I decided to use them on this MOC series. :classic:

The first chapter of the story has just been unveiled here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91236

One question: how I can change the tags for the topic? Editing the post won't allow me to do so.

Edited by Diaaabo

One question: how I can change the tags for the topic? Editing the post won't allow me to do so.

I think tags are a component of the topic title, which you can't edit. What would you like them changed to?

Could you please add: MOC; Star Wars; Fríðr; Vilhjálmur; - thanks!

Done.

Nice work with the MOC, by the way; I really like the engine section. :thumbup:

Very creative build.

I really like the design through the back half and how you achieved the curvature of the engines.