Rick

2014 CREATOR Houses Sets - Rumours and Discussion

So if I were to buy 3 and make each model, I would have 5 shops.

Shops...

This is great since City rarely makes shops and when they do they are usually the same as the previous like Town Square and City Corner.

I'm defiantly going to get all 3 of them.

Could be interesting.

Big! Lots of pieces! Probably a good price per piece!

1000 pieces would put it around the $90 US for Creator, right? Expensive for the line, but would be a decent midpoint offering to the Modular series.

Brickset has it listed at $89.99. No idea where they got that figure, but they tend not to post that sort of info unless it's confirmed somewhere.

I think this would be a very clever way to bring girls who buy (or rather, have bought for them) the Friends line over to 'regular' Lego, like Creator and Bricks and More and so on. Just the overall style, the florist option, female fig most likely included (see previous Cafe Corner etc) - I know it appeals to me!

It'll be way too expensive in NZ though. Sigh :(

I'm really liking the look of this! Even if the pricepoint is higher, it's still a nice way to try and bridge the creator buildings and modulars together. And with the multiple builds, the possibilities start to get really interesting!

Looks like something I did some years ago when I made "open back" city buildings :wink:. Anyway I like the concept: a simpler "modular" building rich of details, ready to be MODed or MOCed.

I'm really liking the look of this! Even if the pricepoint is higher, it's still a nice way to try and bridge the creator buildings and modulars together. And with the multiple builds, the possibilities start to get really interesting!

I agree, I believe this may be the most popular Creator series, yet. TLG would be wise to consider research into this style of set for the future. I would very much like to see more sets like this come straight from LEGO. Unfortunately, their popularity means little chance of sale prices. :hmpf_bad: If the actual production set looks better than the prelim, (which they always do) I will probably buy three so I can have multiple models at once. :laugh:

Looking at the prelim picture, it once again appears to me that the cafe is cool yellow, not tan. But at the London toy fair, it definitely was brick-built in tan. Is it possible that they had brick-built it in tan only because not all bricks are yet available in cool yellow? A cool yellow building would be so much, well, cooler! OTOH, the windows of the medium blue ground floor of the bike shop look more or less the same colour as the cafe walls. Tan after all?

Interesting design.......did anyone notice the date on the watermark.....sorry the year......2012 ?

No brick count on the box art....so I would say it wasn't the final design. :wink:

Interesting design.......did anyone notice the date on the watermark.....sorry the year......2012 ?

Yeah, I paid attention to that as well. They sure take their time planning and preparing these sets! I wonder if they have the whole of 2015 already sketched out?

Credit to lego mexico leaks

Thanks for the photo! My interest has been sparked since I first heard about this set. After seeing it I may have to buy at least 2 copies, maybe 3 so I can build and leave all three assembled.

I hope LEGO does add one set like this each year to supplement he modulars.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Yeah, I wonder what the secondary and tertiary builds will look like, or how well-made they are. Usually I only find the main build really well designed, the others are basically just something that can be created with a very limited assortment of bricks available and they look, well, just like that. "I give you these bricks and you make something out of them."

Yeah, I wonder what the secondary and tertiary builds will look like, or how well-made they are. Usually I only find the main build really well designed, the others are basically just something that can be created with a very limited assortment of bricks available and they look, well, just like that. "I give you these bricks and you make something out of them."

I believe judging by the box art, that the main design is two separate hinged 16x16 modulars and the flower shop or car repair workshop are 8 by 32 or perhaps they too are hinged modulars ? :wink:

I believe judging by the box art, that the main design is two separate hinged 16x16 modulars and the flower shop or car repair workshop are 8 by 32 or perhaps they too are hinged modulars ? :wink:

If the preliminary box art is anything to go by, the white building (bike shop) is 24 wide (and easily moddable to 32). The cafe is trickier to measure, but it doesn't look 16 wide to me. More like 12–14?

If the preliminary box art is anything to go by, the white building (bike shop) is 24 wide (and easily moddable to 32). The cafe is trickier to measure, but it doesn't look 16 wide to me. More like 12–14?

The bike shop is 32 wide folded out, the cafe looks to be in it's folded in state. :wink:

So if I were to buy 3 and make each model, I would have 5 shops.

Shops...

This is great since City rarely makes shops and when they do they are usually the same as the previous like Town Square and City Corner.

I'm defiantly going to get all 3 of them.

I think it is each set makes 2 versions of 2 buildings, so 4 total. Bike Shop, Cafe, garage and Florist. Now you may be able to take a third set and mix things up a little more on your own.

If I am reading the blurry pics on the box right, it looks like both Classic City and Modular town fans will be thrilled. It looks like these are hinged, kind of like the haunted house or the Medieval Market Village. Open they form broad front open back buildings ala classic City. Closed they look to form two story narrow half profile Modular type buildings (maybe 12 or 16 wide?)

Hmmm? Actually if you do Modulars as a shelf it might almost be worth doing 4 of these sets. 4 buildings that can each be displayed in 2 facings, the effective front and back being different.

Uhm....? I didn't notice this thread, so how do this thread divide from the Special theme subforum? All future Creator house review would be transferred to City subforum?

Creator houses have many nice details, but sometimes they couldn't be better than those houses which are specifically designed in one type, if the three alternative designs have to be equally good. But the designs are improving, we'll see more sophisticated houses and Creator no longer stands for "semifinished". The Bike&Cafe is the first Creator store, and another big move for this theme (though there have been Bike shops and Cafeteria in Lego world).

It seems to be a good trend--- or not to me. TLC do know the popularity of single houses, so Creator is one of their plan to meet the demands. We've known that City has been infamous for poor building sets ratio. The more choices the better, however I hope it doesn't mean that Creator houses are here to pick up the slack of City.

Some people suggest that the store idea can be another subetheme. I'm not sure, maybe I'd like to see more different building styles in the future.

Edited by Dorayaki

Uhm....? I didn't notice this thread, so how do this thread divide from the Special theme subforum? All future Creator house review would be transferred to City subforum?[/url]

The Special Themes forum continues to be the home of the CREATOR line, but - as of 2014 - set discussion and reviews for the CREATOR Houses series will be in the Town Forum.

The Town forum covers the following LEGO (sub)themes: City, Friends, CREATOR Houses, Modular Buildings and Winter Village.

It looks like some videos are starting to come in from the Nuremberg Toy Fair for some Technic sets. Any photos of this set yet?

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Oh wow! Now that's the kind of pic I have been waiting for, thank you!

Doesn't look like I would use this straight out of the box but it looks to have a great assortment of parts. Imagine what you could build with a couple of these...

It looks like - as a range - it has great possibilities for FOLs of all ages. I see the Friends influence, the obvious modular influence and the City lineage. I'm stoked, but as others have commented you're either going to need a few of these sets or supplement it with your existing inventory to make it fit.

I'm eager to see the price point for these sets and the alternate builds, but assuming their not outrageous then one-and-half thumbs up!

Nice designs there, but it will need tons of modifying to fit into either modular streets or open back streets. :look:

I would really like to see the interior of these two shops. :look: