Rick

2014 CREATOR Houses Sets - Rumours and Discussion

2014 LEGO CREATOR Houses Sets

Click for more high-resolution images on flickr.

31025 Mountain Hut

12249660023_7632ed749c_c.jpg

12249924844_4e7543be70_c.jpg

12249925524_0f2297cbb8_c.jpg

12249661853_9d42e00f82_c.jpg

31026 Bike Shop & Café

14260961111_14fdd0dda6_c.jpg

14077728777_2e0cf83bee_c.jpg

14284459913_f1994687b6_c.jpg

14077634409_fe4496bd78_c.jpg

Many of us are excited about the upcoming Creator Bike Shop and Cafe 3in1. It's being discussed both in the City 2014 topic, where it doesn't belong, and in Creator 2014, where it technically belongs but somehow feels lost anyway. I believe this set deserves a topic of its own, a little like modulars and other main sets.

I am in London right now and yesterday, I went to the Toy Fair just to see the Lego stand. However, they have a closed stand, by appointment only, which was a disappointment. I managed to catch a glimpse of 31026 from far away, though, both the box and the built-up set. Here's what I found out:

The main build has two buildings: one where the main colour is tan and another where the main colour is white with a dark red roof and dark (black?) windows. No light yellow here, which is a pity. The buildings seem to be attached by hinges, so you can either have them right next to each other or turn them to a 90 degree angle to form a corner (or any other angle for that matter).

They look sort of like smaller modular buildings with a narrow sidewalk in front of the buildings. The architecture is varied and detailed, a lot more so than with City buildings. But they don't come on baseplates and they are not as deep or high as true modulars. From far away, I could not make out which one is the bike shop and which one the cafe. My guess is the tan building is the bike shop and the white one the cafe since the white one, especially the upper floor, resembles a residential building. I can't really say anything about the alternative builds.

I would say that with two sets and some modding, this will fit in very nicely with the modulars and is definitely something to be excited about!

I agree that this particular set has seemed to draw a ton of early interest and speculation. I think everyone who is into modulars has had there interest piqued, this seems like an opportunity for some variety in people's layouts and for those who like to MOC up buildings themselves - it is a great way to get a lot of extremely relevant parts in one box.

I'm really looking forward to the next toy show, from what I understand it will allow pictures :classic:

If this set is as popular as one tends to believe right now, then what excites me even more than this one set is that it could get sequels — a sort of "light modular" once a year to complement the actual modulars. This light modular probably draws attraction from kids as well, the price is lower and the set is playable, in particular thanks to the 3in1.

Definitely interested as well, sounds like lots of possibility to MOC into a full modular.

It sounds awesome, but I can't find any photos. Are there no photos yet?

I think there is a toy fair in a week or two that allows pictures, until then any that you find are very poor quality and unauthorized.

I think there is a toy fair in a week or two that allows pictures.

Yup, we can usually expect some pictures from the Nuremberg Toy Fair, though it's less dependable than the New York Toy Fair on that front. We should be seeing some pictures from it by the end of next week.

As someone who pretty much never collects City or Creator, I'm really interested to see how this set ends up. I've always been intrigued by the Modulars, but I've never been able to afford anything other than the Mini-modulars. A set that combines the attention to detail of the modulars with the smaller size and affordability of Creator seems very promising to me. If they end up starting a new 'baby modular' line, that would be amazing.

It could be a new sub-theme for creator.....a link between city and creator.......plus it appears you can go modular closed back or city open back style :wub: ......I'm a little old school when it comes to buildings. :grin:

Many of us are excited about the upcoming Creator Bike Shop and Cafe 3in1. It's being discussed both in the City 2014 topic, where it doesn't belong, and in Creator 2014, where it technically belongs but somehow feels lost anyway. I believe this set deserves a topic of its own, a little like modulars and other main sets.

The Town forum is the approriate place for discussing Creator Houses, so let's give them the same treatment as the City and Friends lines and have a discussion topic per year. I've changed the topic title to reflect the broader scope of the thread. :wink:

I found this little glimpse of it.

it looks like a baby modular and I think will have good mocing capabilitys but it's only from what I can tell

Edited by Rick
Please don't embed images (or videos) of preliminary/confidential material

I really love modulars, but this seems like the right size and price that it could be a perfect gateway into the top of the line stuff. Imagine, small modular styles buildings, only one or two storeys, or sometimes just 16 wide. It just seems like it would be a lot easier to expand your town, and imagine the possibilities in terms of what kind of shops etc you could have. Here's hoping this Creator set is just the beginning!

Oh how exciting, this is the first I've heard! I have been hoping for something like this for a long time, something a bit more realistic than Friends/City but not so far gone as to be too 'grown up' (and thereby expensive) for myself and my daughter. Yay! I've always wanted a proper Creator House - are these any rumours around details? Light bricks? Sound bricks etc?

This set sounds great! I can't tell much from that snippet, but it will be good to have a smaller modular to break up the uniformity of all the other modulars side by side. Also, my daughter has a few Friends sets, but always gravitates towards my modulars anyway. Sounds like we both win with this set!

I'm really looking forward to buying this set in the summer. This will be the first 'public building' in the creator series and I definitely believe it will successfully fill a gap in the market. As with all creator sets, they are able to be reconstructed into two alternative builds which sounds amazing! Not only that, getting over a thousand pieces and four mini figures (according to brickset) for £64.99 is great value for money. Can't wait until summer!

I don't know if I'd call this the first public building - the Yellow Beach House had a Cafe as an alternate build and the Lighthouse could be rebuilt as a Seafood Restaurant, but this would seem to be the first with a commercial building as the primary model. In any case, I can't wait. I wish I knew more about the footprint, I've been wanting to build some new buildings for my LEGO City, and I'd hate to start without having an idea of the depth of the buildings and the sidewalk in front.

I wonder if there will be a sticker sheet included to cover all three builds ?

Creator sets don't normally have sticker sheets......so how are the builds to judged as a flower shop or workshop if there are no stickers even just to say florist or a wheel and spanner on a sign for workshop ?

Hrm... That's a good question. I kind of doubt that they would create different stickers for use in each build as that would mean that a part or parts would need to be left out. I would anticipate something more generic that would be useful in any of the builds.

A sticker sheet is always an option in a set, it's up to the builder to use it or not, but the good old ideas books had a jumbo sticker sheet in them. (ah, memories.....I built a supermarket onuce and used the stickers for it....back a few decades ago :wub: )

Could it be now that creator will take over as the buildings and city as the vehicles......though city still ruling over the police, fire and train stations ? :look:

Is it also possible that this 3-in1 shop set could be considered a gap filler from those who collect modulars and need a few smaller ones to fill gaps in there street scapes ? :look:

Is it also possible that this 3-in1 shop set could be considered a gap filler from those who collect modulars and need a few smaller ones to fill gaps in there street scapes ? :look:

I think you are onto it there. Creator seems to have a multitude of smaller structures so far, almost all of them houses. It's hard to see a medium + sized layout without seeing a few creator sets stashed in there. It would be cool for them to branch out further into more commercial and industrial buildings. One of my favorite city sets from my younger years was a warehouse set, I would love to see a modern version of that.

I wonder if there will be a sticker sheet included to cover all three builds ?

Creator sets don't normally have sticker sheets......so how are the builds to judged as a flower shop or workshop if there are no stickers even just to say florist or a wheel and spanner on a sign for workshop ?

Every other LEGO set, especially from the CITY and Creator themes, has been recognizable without having self-referential stickers on it. Even where those stickers exist (e.g. Shell) it's pretty obvious that a gas station is a gas station without those stickers. Why do you think this set would this be any different?

Edited by GregoryBrick

Every other LEGO set, especially from the CITY and Creator themes, has been recognizable without having self-referential stickers on it. Even where those stickers exist (e.g. Shell) it's pretty obvious that a gas station is a gas station without those stickers. Why do you think this set would this be any different?

A dump truck or gas station doesn't really need stickers to point out what they are but not all fire trucks are red and not all shops are the same......something that looks like a florist from the outside might be a beauty salon inside. :wink: