Vee

Bar 2L?

Hi,

I know about the bar 3L (part #87994) and the bar 4L (part #30374). Is there any part that could be used as a "bar 2L"? And "bar 5L"? There are so many lengths for axles, what about bars, only 3L and 4L? Thank you.

These look interesting, I could buy a big one and make a few of the smaller ones that I need.

But as you've said they are not as rigid, right?, and the one thing that I need is that it should be rigid.

And all of these sizes, from 2L to 30L+, in steps of 1L, are they all official Lego sizes? It is crazy!

I've never bothered to measure them but the Friends lipstick piece is perhaps as close as you'll get. Unfortunately they're not cheap!

There's also the T bar which might work in done instances.

Yes, the lipstick should be 2L, according to my attempts of measuring it via LDD. But, upon trying it and then trying to find other alternatives, I think I have found the perfect solution for my particular situation: the part # 61184. According to LDD, it will be perfect. According to real life, I need to wait for some parts to arrive and then test.

I had this thing that the part should be 2L but upon trying the lipstick and other parts, I found that I was mistaken. I need a "3L with a twist", meaning that the 3L is not good but the 61184, by having one of its end bigger, fit well.

Thank you all, although the parts mentioned here may not be useful right now, I was unaware of them and it is good to know them for future uses.

I will show here what I am doing after it is done and tested, it is actually really a very simple thing but for me even simple things can be a challenge... I started with Lego custom building only two months ago.

These look interesting, I could buy a big one and make a few of the smaller ones that I need.

But as you've said they are not as rigid, right?, and the one thing that I need is that it should be rigid.

And all of these sizes, from 2L to 30L+, in steps of 1L, are they all official Lego sizes? It is crazy!

They are rigid enough depending what you plan to do with the 2L cut piece? I used a cut 2L to have two minifigs "hold hands".

They're flexible tubes. If you're going to cut a bar, your best bet would probably be the old lance piece. I think that's the longest piece you're going to find that isn't flexible.

I had tried the lance bar, it has a "stop" at one of its ends, isn't it this one? Anyway, it fit well and the "stop" was essential, but it was too long so indeed I'd have to cut it and I wanted to avoid as much as possible to "create" an unoriginal part (purism...). Also I need 4 of them. So, in the end, if you look at the part 61184, it is similar to the lance bar but smaller, so it fit perfectly.

Hello,

by lipstick, do you refer to part 93094c01? Can anyone confirm that the colored part does separate, leaving just the handle?

(edit: ah, I guess it does not. Is it a 1-part painted piece?)

thanks

Edited by anothergol

I had tried the lance bar, it has a "stop" at one of its ends, isn't it this one? Anyway, it fit well and the "stop" was essential, but it was too long so indeed I'd have to cut it and I wanted to avoid as much as possible to "create" an unoriginal part (purism...). Also I need 4 of them. So, in the end, if you look at the part 61184, it is similar to the lance bar but smaller, so it fit perfectly.

I am not sure cutting these is 'non purist'. I am pretty sure I had a set once where you had to cut it to make the alternative model. So I consider it 100% kosher. I might be wrong though :)

When I was a kid, tubes came in very long and you had to cut them yourself.

But I know I wouldn't cut tubes myself, even though it's "proper lego". But "proper lego" may also mean knitting a pullover out of official Lego strings, that would still be "Lego-legal" afterall :)

IMHO a basic rule should be: anything done with parts, can be undone, and cutting can't.