Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Sirnadroj's Black Pearl MOC

thindexedgif.gif 27c

Ahoy again! I know I made a topic for my Pearl's sails, but I thought it deserved it's own topic. Thanks to EvilWilly for the tutorial on the sails- it came in handy. Ok, so this one was made using LDD 2.0, but when it came in, it was too small, so I made it bigger and added more details. This is the Black Pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. (Only becasue it has ripped sails, I made sails without holes, too, like in PotC: Dead Man's Chest, and PotC: At World's End. I have pictures of the 'full' sails on my brickshelf gallery.) Here are some pictures, there are more at:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=197227

Whole

black_pearl.jpg

Back

black_pearl_back_2.jpg

Bow and Figurehead

black_pearl_bow_2.jpg

Stern

black_pearl_stern.jpg

Right

black_pearl_right_side_2.jpg

black_pearl_top.jpg

Ok all, thanks for looking. (The pictures do not do justice for the real thing) :-| Tell me what ya think! X-D Again, there are more pictures here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=197227

My only complaints, besides that the pictures are huge, are:

1. It's too black, so everything seems to meld together on camera.

2. The hull lacks definition.

Otherwise it's not bad!

It's good you've mastered the techniques of Willy's sail tutorial. Now you just have to master another, ApophisV's picture resizing tutorial. *y*

What? The pics are too big? Hey, I did master resizing pictures! See my Dead Men Tell No Tales Vig contest entries. The pictures are down right puny! (besides, that takes to long, I don't feel like it)

Oh, and it is the "BLACK" Pearl, so naturally, it's black! 8-o

Sorry about the double post, but this deserved it's own post.

black_pearl.jpg

black_pearl_back_2.jpg

black_pearl_bow_2.jpg

black_pearl_stern.jpg

black_pearl_right_side_2.jpg

black_pearl_top.jpg

*y* RESIZED PICTURES!!!!! :-D *sweet* :-D *sweet*

EDIT: Sorry, I guess the pictures' sizes changed in the first post automatically.

It's good you've mastered the techniques of Willy's sail tutorial. Now you just have to master another, ApophisV's picture resizing tutorial. *y*

Or you could try our very own Batch Image Resize Tutorial which teaches you to resize multiple images at once. Very convenient if you've got dozens of images to resize.

What? The pics are too big?

I wouldn't have said so, but my resolution is 1680 x 1050 so I've got plenty of desktop space. Generally an image size of 800 x 600 is safe and sufficient.

Nice ship!

The hull is very original. Especially the front of the hull is well done.

And the figurehead is also excellent.

I've added this ship in the Index: MOC ships.

Or you could try our very own Batch Image Resize Tutorial which teaches you to resize multiple images at once. Very convenient if you've got dozens of images to resize.

I think that's the one SirNadroj is using because I PM'ed him the link some days ago.

Well, I used EvilWilly's tutorial. First I printed out scale images of offical lego sails, since I did not have any ones of the right size/shape. Then I traced them (after cutting them out) on regualar, cheap black cloth. I'm not sure the exact type of cloth, though, just some cheap, thin black cloth. Once the sails were cut out, I put lot's o' holes in em'! I also made a set of sails without holes, just in case I wanted to swap them.

I love the shape and design, all the little black figures make it look great, but I think you went a bit overkill on the sails though, in the film it looks ok but in reality it's not so good with all those holes.

You think so, Pirate Manic, about the holes? Well, I think it looks ok, all the holes sort of stress "Beware, this is a ghost ship"!!!! :) But would a ship with sails even be able to move with holes in it? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having sails?

You think so, Pirate Manic, about the holes? Well, I think it looks ok, all the holes sort of stress "Beware, this is a ghost ship"!!!! :) But would a ship with sails even be able to move with holes in it? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having sails?

I allways thought that the Black Pearl was a ghost ship, so ghostly forces move it, and it dosn't really need sails...

Why does the Flying Dutchmen have that weird mouth thingy? :-D For effect! They just put up ripped up saild for show, but when Jack gets it back and it's not a ghost ship anymore, they patch the sails up.

Yeah, but the sails are useless, anyway, not like the Black Pearl is real or anything :'-) On the note of the flying Duthcman I would like to make one, but it seems like it'd be too big, expensive, and I think it'd be too hard to match the color scheme.. 8-|