just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

Why don't people like DOS as much? I quite liked it, particularly the battle with Smaug at the end.

Exactly how big is Smaug in the set compaired with Smaug in the movie? Does the big fig do him justis?

Edited by The-Nexu

Why don't people like DOS as much? I quite liked it, particularly the battle with Smaug at the end.

Exactly how big is Smaug in the set compaired with Smaug in the movie? Does the big fig do him justis?

Exactly what i liked as well :laugh:

Lego Smaug is not proportional to a minifigure, otherwise he would be prohibitively expensive and huge. Although the dragon is smaller than relative scale size, he is large enough to get the point across that he is quite big. The figure is highly posable and has been well received by most people.

Has anyone tried putting a short brown cape on Dain yet? I don't have the set but in the movie he wears a brown cape by the looks of it? Can someone post a picture if they have as I'm interested to see what it would look like. :classic:

Has anyone tried putting a short brown cape on Dain yet? I don't have the set but in the movie he wears a brown cape by the looks of it? Can someone post a picture if they have as I'm interested to see what it would look like. :classic:

I tried it, didn't look that good

Fair enough. Shame with the new Lego King next year having a cape with the overlapping over shoulder style cape that they didn't use a shorter version for Dain and Thorin. In brown that'd look perfect for both.

I can guarantee you, it's great

Having just got back from a screening, I can guarantee you it's anything but... that is, as far as subjective opinions can be a guarantee of the quality of anything. (Which is to say, they can't.)

In the case of Smaug's size, I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable. (I love Smaug.)

I did the research and the math, and Smaug in DoS is between 450-500 feet (137.16 - 152.4 meters) nose-to-tail. His wingspan is maybe around 550-600 ft.(Haven't figured it out more accurately.)

If a Minifigure is about 5 feet (Which in reality they're more like 5.5-6 ft) then one hundred times the height of a minifigure.

This is why LEGO cannot make a properly scaled Smaug. (I'd like to figure it out in real dimensions, but I can't remember the height of a minifigure at the moment, so I'll do that later.)

Having just got back from a screening, I can guarantee you it's anything but... that is, as far as subjective opinions can be a guarantee of the quality of anything. (Which is to say, they can't.)

I know i dont need to take that post seriously

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the subject matter.

As for Hypernova888's math, I don't know, I'd be very happy to own a 5 foot Lego dragon

contacted TT 1 week ago for the DLC

Still no response :cry_sad:

P.S they said we will contact you in 24 Hours :snicker:

Edited by kevkipo

Thanks for getting in touch with them :classic: .

Hopefully they'll answer soon :wink:

I remember they had said they would release the DLC 'closer to the film's release' and that's all I heard about it. I probably wouldn't expect it till early next year.

It's really strange, I've seen the new sets in October in Iceland and in November in Belgium, but so far none in my area of Germany, wonder why that is ...

I didn't like DOS as much because of the love triangle. That, and I felt the pacing was off. I haven't seen the EE yet though and I heard it fixes the pacing. All that being said, I still thought it was great movie.

For me personally i didnt like that scene at all and neither the barrel escape one. I understand that going from two to three movies forced them to make up more action and some climax for the second part, it just didnt work for me.

Not to mention Tauriel and Kili...

Edited by sahidko

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the subject matter.

As for Hypernova888's math, I don't know, I'd be very happy to own a 5 foot Lego dragon

Oh, I'd LOVE to have a properly scaled one! It'd just be near impossible for TLG to do themselves, especially as a moulded creature.

I know i dont need to take that post seriously

My thought exactly. I love the craaaaaazy action sequences, and would be very disappointed if there were none in The Battle of the Five armies.

I'm just sad because it's Dec. 6th, and no LEGO Bolg, or any exclusive for that matter. I mean, It was a long shot, but I don't think it was wrong of me to get my hopes up.

Oh, I'd LOVE to have a properly scaled one! It'd just be near impossible for TLG to do themselves, especially as a moulded creature.

My thought exactly. I love the craaaaaazy action sequences, and would be very disappointed if there were none in The Battle of the Five armies.

I'm just sad because it's Dec. 6th, and no LEGO Bolg, or any exclusive for that matter. I mean, It was a long shot, but I don't think it was wrong of me to get my hopes up.

I feel you Nova, crazy action for the win! :laugh:

I feel the first wave conveyed that crazy action very well, the second wave, barely. And the third wave was also not as fun, with the exception of the Erebor set.

Does anybody know if the Attack on Lake-Town set combines with Lake-Town Chase like it was rumoured to?

Well, I dont think it has connectors. But they obviously go together as part of laketown.

____

The set didnt work well for DOS, but its great for bo5a scene.

23uu0kx.png

Edited by deskp

What? Come on Lego, we need ANSWERS!

I'd try and get a five foot Smaug, but the price would likely bankrupt me. Ah well, who needs food?

Also, where would you put it?