just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

You know, if LEGO's LOTR/Hobbit license is ending, it stands to reason the other companies licenses are ending too. So it's possible LEGO, if it were so inclined, could pick up a new license allowing them to do single figures and battlepacks.

Not holding my breath etc.

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that it's for the rumored toys-to-life game, so you know they'll be selling the LOTR minifigures separately. :drool:

I've heard about that toys-to-life game too, but I think if they make such a game with LotR/Hobbit characters, TLG would give us just main hereos like Gandalf ( :laugh: ) and Bilbo - and that would be very disappointing :angry:

I've heard about that toys-to-life game too, but I think if they make such a game with LotR/Hobbit characters, TLG would give us just main hereos like Gandalf ( :laugh: ) and Bilbo - and that would be very disappointing :angry:

Is it unreasonable to hope for those main characters to possibly be new variants? :) (i.e. Mithril Bilbo, Ravenhill Thorin...)

While it appears that Gandalf and maybe some other Tolkien characters may appear in the toys-to-life game, I doubt there would be new versions or new characters. However, if they have to renew the license, perhaps it bodes well for D2C sets.

Looks good xD it surprises me that Gandalf and even lotr is in it, sadly i can't play as Thorin :cry_sad:

Looks good xD it surprises me that Gandalf and even lotr is in it, sadly i can't play as Thorin :cry_sad:

...Yet! It's to early to say for sure. On the website (The Mobile version, at least. I didn't notice any such thing for the desktop version.) it says "More brands to be revealed soon!". So we might-MIGHT-get some playable characters from The Hobbit in wave two or later.

Man, I'm so freakin' pumped for this game! This raises my priority levels for buying a Wii U almost through the roof...crud. XP

...Yet! It's to early to say for sure. On the website (The Mobile version, at least. I didn't notice any such thing for the desktop version.) it says "More brands to be revealed soon!". So we might-MIGHT-get some playable characters from The Hobbit in wave two or later.

Man, I'm so freakin' pumped for this game! This raises my priority levels for buying a Wii U almost through the roof...crud. XP

Owh really? awesome :laugh:

You know what's more awesome? I found new pics of the Legolas, Gimli and Gollum fun packs-Legolas gets a new face print! Gimli also appears to, but I'm not going to assume JUST yet. Strangely enough, Gollum's just the one from Riddles for the Ring, so no new print. But that makes me want each LotR one more!

I'd paste the pics here, but the good-quality are WAY too huge:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91xuNZLEjtL._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91tMkRJr10L._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51bBprUV-fL._SY300_.jpg

Thanks for the new pictures.

Gimli really seems to have a new face print, but I think one from Legolas isn't new, I think they used the face print from his 'Hobbit' version :classic:

I spotted a ton of Lego lake town guard polly bags at a local toy shop for $5 each. Are these worth picking up? Are they going up in value or are just more expensive elsewhere in general?

I spotted a ton of Lego lake town guard polly bags at a local toy shop for $5 each.

Lucky for some!

You know what's more awesome? I found new pics of the Legolas, Gimli and Gollum fun packs-Legolas gets a new face print! Gimli also appears to, but I'm not going to assume JUST yet. Strangely enough, Gollum's just the one from Riddles for the Ring, so no new print. But that makes me want each LotR one more!

I'd paste the pics here, but the good-quality are WAY too huge:

http://ecx.images-am...tL._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-am...0L._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-am...-fL._SY300_.jpg

Remember box artwork may not be correct - for example, the Unikitty package clearly shows a different Unikitty to the one in the box artwork. So it might be new, it might be a mistake.

91UiPsM144L._SL1500_.jpg

I don't think it's a matter of not being "correct"; I think it's just a matter of the artwork showing the character expressing or doing something.

Thanks for the new pictures.

Gimli really seems to have a new face print, but I think one from Legolas isn't new, I think they used the face print from his 'Hobbit' version :classic:

Actually, no. Legolas's Hobbit face is softer. with a more sympathetic mouth. LotR's is sharper, more defined. This is a little more defined, but much more emotional, with the cheekbones more lines than curves.

Remember box artwork may not be correct - for example, the Unikitty package clearly shows a different Unikitty to the one in the box artwork. So it might be new, it might be a mistake.

Yes, but I'm not talking about the art at the top, I'm talking about the figure pics at the bottom of the package.

Interestingly enough, the box art at the top's face does seem to be his Hobbit variation, so maybe that's this new face's alternate? Though I'm kind of wondering whether any of these figures will have alternate faces at all.

Edited by Hypernova888

Taking a close look, all three have new face prints, IMO.

Edit: While I am ecstatic that we might be getting new figures, long after the theme is dead, I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get a 'Smeagol' face for Gollum. Yeah, I'm really looking a gift-horse in the mouth. I'll shut up now.

Edited by Ql97

I think Minas Tirith is something you'll have to MOC, and I think this would be the case even if they were still releasing as much now as in 2012. But you never know...

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Taking a close look, all three have new face prints, IMO.

Edit: While I am ecstatic that we might be getting new figures, long after the theme is dead, I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get a 'Smeagol' face for Gollum. Yeah, I'm really looking a gift-horse in the mouth. I'll shut up now.

Sorry to say, but Gollum's not new. Just look at him side-by-side with The Hobbit's. It's the same. But, I completely agree, a Smeagol face would have been brilliant, though I just use his LotR variant! XD

Sorry to say, but Gollum's not new. Just look at him side-by-side with The Hobbit's. It's the same. But, I completely agree, a Smeagol face would have been brilliant, though I just use his LotR variant! XD

Yes, he is. Look at the Hobbit version. That one has a little dimple thingy on his chin. Now look at the one in the pack. Not the artwork, but the one on the box. There's no dimple. That means it's a new print, even if it looks almost identical. Glad you agree regarding Smeagol. That would be wonderful. The fact that they are even making new prints gives me faint hope for Eowyn and Faramir packs, maybe even Denethor. The Witch-King, Sauron, and Elendil/Isildur are way less likely, since they need new molds.

Yes, but I'm not talking about the art at the top, I'm talking about the figure pics at the bottom of the package.

It will be great if they are new prints. But the figure pics are also box art. Sometimes lego minifigs aren't exactly as pictured in advertising.

I don't really know why you would want the almost the same print but a little bit different just for the sake of it, then having to pay £15 for it. Now something really new that would be different.

It will be great if they are new prints. But the figure pics are also box art. Sometimes lego minifigs aren't exactly as pictured in advertising.

I suppose we will just have to wait until they come out, and someone has the mini figures in the flesh.

Yes, he is. Look at the Hobbit version. That one has a little dimple thingy on his chin. Now look at the one in the pack. Not the artwork, but the one on the box. There's no dimple. That means it's a new print, even if it looks almost identical.

I checked-My Gollum matches line-for-line

WAIT-I just looked at pics of that Gollum! Mine has a defect, it's missing that chin line. That's a bit odd. =/

EDIT: But if one looks at pics by The Brick Show, Firestar and others, they don't have that line either. So...only LEGO's did, looks like.

Edited by Hypernova888