just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

Damn school, getting in the way of important things like The Hobbit!

I had a day off, MAHAHAHA :laugh:

You can compare him to Rico from Penguins or Mister T

probably the best sentence I'll read today

The dwarves look epic in their armour. I can't wait to see them in cinemas :wink:

haha is the crest on Bombur's helmet a pig?

probably the best sentence I'll read today

haha is the crest on Bombur's helmet a pig?

I do think so :snicker:

Seeing all these clips makes me more and more excited :classic: .

It's just a pity we didn't get a Ravenhilltower set, it would have been a nice play set with an interesting selection of minifigures...

Wow, thanks for the link Rsgrynsgot, that was amazing! And, at only a minute, means we have 44 minutes of battle left to watch at the cinema.

Despite what many think, I do not believe the Battle of Five Armies set is rubbish, or incomplete. Better that than nothing, surely? And though I will not defend several of the choices the designers made, I think that on the whole the set is a perfectly adequate adaptation of dale. It's even got several exploding buildings and you can always MOD more.

It's just a pity we didn't get a Ravenhilltower set, it would have been a nice play set with an interesting selection of minifigures...

Thorin, Fili, Kili, Legolas, Tauriel and Azog... we got those Bolg being the one missing that would also ahve been in such a set potentialy.

Thorin, Fili, Kili, Legolas, Tauriel and Azog... we got those Bolg being the one missing that would also ahve been in such a set potentialy.

That's true. I was just thinking that putting these characters in a bigger Ravenhill set would make some slots free for other figures in the Battle of Five Armies Set for instance Beorn (Bear), Thranduil (with armour)...

I am so excited than now we have figs to depict this scene :) BEWARE SPOILER ALERT

..oh wait! Galadriel wears Gandalf? There is something wrong right? Maybe Winter is comming :D

Edited by Blazej_Holen

That's true. I was just thinking that putting these characters in a bigger Ravenhill set would make some slots free for other figures in the Battle of Five Armies Set for instance Beorn (Bear), Thranduil (with armour)...

Believe me, they had a logic reason not to throw in Beorn...

I think they should have used a new mold for Bolg and not for the new hair piece in the Lake-town set.

They might use the new piece in other sets but the Lake-town set would be much more interesting with Bolg.

Believe me, they had a logic reason not to throw in Beorn...

Exactly. Apparently,

Beorn has a screen presence of merely 30 seconds... Hopefully they'll add a few scenes in the extended edition :hmpf_bad:

So that definitely explains the absence of Beorn in the Bo5A set. Bolg on the other hand really should have been in one of the sets, he gets quite a lot of screentime from what I'm gathering :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Acording to that it seems that PJ create his epic trilogy in his way regardless the book. Its about battle and conection with LOTr, nothing elsen other two parts now seems to be waste of time. Main villain Smaug is on the second track and main hero Bilbo in third ;) Only thing I dont understand why Tlg didnt include in those sets at least some armoured dwarves and elves with orcs as well. Speaking of Bolg... Its just ... I dont have words for this.

Acording to that it seems that PJ create his epic trilogy in his way regardless the book. Its about battle and conection with LOTr, nothing elsen other two parts now seems to be waste of time.

Peter Jackson is a film maker and is interested in making films that will be of interest to current day viewers, based on the original stories. If you want the story of the book, read the book. If you want Peter Jackson's retelling of the story, watch the films. I think it makes sense to connect the Hobbit films to the LOTR films. They are PJ's two trilogies of Middle Earth. It is a bit like making Episode III of Star Wars fit the storyline for Episode IV.

Peter Jackson is a film maker and is interested in making films that will be of interest to current day viewers, based on the original stories. If you want the story of the book, read the book. If you want Peter Jackson's retelling of the story, watch the films. I think it makes sense to connect the Hobbit films to the LOTR films. They are PJ's two trilogies of Middle Earth. It is a bit like making Episode III of Star Wars fit the storyline for Episode IV.

:)

I just wanna point to the fact, that Hobbit is a story about young Bilbo and his adventure. Main plot is that 13 Dwarves with their Leader Thorin wants to reclaim their homeland and defeat a big fire Dragon Smaug. I like added scenes from Dol Guldur and Rhudaur and conection with LOTR story line BUT! Excluding Beorn from the pot, and give Bilbo and Smaugonly second role, is just weird. Also Barrel escape scene and other nonsenses are just too much for me. Is it really necessary to do it that way ?I like inclusion of LEgolas in the movies, but his combat style is just weird and doesnt fit into Middle earth clima.

:)

I just wanna point to the fact, that Hobbit is a story about young Bilbo and his adventure. Main plot is that 13 Dwarves with their Leader Thorin wants to reclaim their homeland and defeat a big fire Dragon Smaug.

I think the Dwarves wanting to reclaim their homeland is actually a better story for a film rather than focussing mainly on Bilbo - there is definitely more action in it, and having more heroes is a good thing.

Also Barrel escape scene and other nonsenses are just too much for me. Is it really necessary to do it that way ?I like inclusion of LEgolas in the movies, but his combat style is just weird and doesnt fit into Middle earth clima.

I found the barrel escape scene quite exciting.

Edited by MAB

I've seen more scene's of Bo5a

I can say it is without a doubt Epic, only bummer we didn't get Ravenhill it gets featured a lot in the movie

I can see the decision of the Bo5a set now, and the Lake Town attack set is spot on! :laugh:

I purchased the Witch-king set, which is truly great for the minifigs alone. I didn't realise how splendid Galadriel's cape looked, and even a third Elrond mini fig is most welcome. The Witch-king, as much as I'd love to have him in his LotR outfit, is also nicely done.

I find the other three sets so poorly designed that I opted to discontinue my Hobbit collection and bought two Star Wars sets instead. In fairness, I think the movie quality has also diminished my interest in anything 'The Hobbit'. On the positive side, the latest instalment can only exceed my ridiculously low expectations. I haven't watched trailers, teasers or rumours - simply out of disinterest - and prepare myself for an hourly long, physics-defying CGI battle with yet more cringe-worthy dwarven comedy/ stupidity and a drawn-out Hollywood love story between Kili and Tauriel in a film disrespecting Tolkien's writing.

I find the other three sets so poorly designed that I opted to discontinue my Hobbit collection and bought two Star Wars sets instead. In fairness, I think the movie quality has also diminished my interest in anything 'The Hobbit'. On the positive side, the latest instalment can only exceed my ridiculously low expectations. I haven't watched trailers, teasers or rumours - simply out of disinterest - and prepare myself for an hourly long, physics-defying CGI battle with yet more cringe-worthy dwarven comedy/ stupidity and a drawn-out Hollywood love story between Kili and Tauriel in a film disrespecting Tolkien's writing.

Thank you. I feel much the same way. This wave has been very disappointing for me. Lake town attack is the only set that appeals to me of the four (overpriced, aside from Lake Town I suppose) sets, but for some reason I just can't make myself go out and buy it. It will definitely take a really great sale for me to pick up the rest, and unfortunately any good sales on LEGO are hard to find here in Canada...

I also agree with you a bit about the movies. I did like AUJ though, just DOS was a big disappointment.

Thank you. I feel much the same way. This wave has been very disappointing for me. Lake town attack is the only set that appeals to me of the four (overpriced, aside from Lake Town I suppose) sets, but for some reason I just can't make myself go out and buy it. It will definitely take a really great sale for me to pick up the rest, and unfortunately any good sales on LEGO are hard to find here in Canada...

I also agree with you a bit about the movies. I did like AUJ though, just DOS was a big disappointment.

Is the price of the Dol Guldur set jacked up in Canada? In the states it's a very reasonable $14.99 for the 3 unique figures, which is pretty solid as far as LOTR/Hobbit stuff goes.

TDOS was better as an Extended Edition, and I think the whole trilogy will work better when watched all the way through - at least reviews are positive on TBOFA.

Is the price of the Dol Guldur set jacked up in Canada? In the states it's a very reasonable $14.99 for the 3 unique figures, which is pretty solid as far as LOTR/Hobbit stuff goes.

TDOS was better as an Extended Edition, and I think the whole trilogy will work better when watched all the way through - at least reviews are positive on TBOFA.

It's $18 here, I guess it isn't that bad for three good figs, but it's a boring build. $150 for Erebor though is just something I can't do.

I haven't watch the extended editions yet, will pick them up at some point. I'm sure BOFA will be good, but again not great.

It's $18 here, I guess it isn't that bad for three good figs, but it's a boring build. $150 for Erebor though is just something I can't do.

I haven't watch the extended editions yet, will pick them up at some point. I'm sure BOFA will be good, but again not great.

I can guarantee you, it's great