just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

@ Shuebmabow

Is it possible to remove red spine from Dains helmet?

The Mohawk thing does not come off. Speaking of the helmet, I think it's a fantastic mold, even if it seems overlarge. The level of detail on the piece surprised me upon first building Dain.

Oh! I should've been watching this thread more closely!

Loving that new Elrond! Tauriel looks great too. And the Witch King... All of them! Spectacular!

Could you please explain what a UPC is and how it works?

The bar code # on the box. This way we can all call our local TRU and have them look for stock directly from it.

The bar code # on the box. This way we can all call our local TRU and have them look for stock directly from it.

Thanks! I'll give this a try now that I know about it.

Where would I find the UPC on the boxes? I could get you all four if I can find them... :)

If you guys want some great reviews on the sets, check out http://www.bricksandbloks.com . MaxGoof has composed reviews for the 4 new sets, and I have provided him with some pictures, some details not previously recognized, and more accurate information for his readers. I think that he has covered some good and trustworthy information in these reviews, so definitely check out his articles.( His 79017 review should be out sometime tonight.)

As for my Flickr photo uploading spree today, I think I might continue posting pics on Flickr every once in a while throughout the next few days, depending on what you guys want to see.

Thank you for the pictures, my favorite set of all four is still Lake Town, and I'll be getting that one first I think.

Woah, I feel even MORE pressed to save the money in time for the sets! I'm only initially going to get 79180, but the others will come soon after. =S

Edited by Hypernova888

I am pleasantly surprised at the extended portion of the Bot5a set. Still, I wish we could get a generic soldier that isn't an orc. I guess that ship has sailed.

I must admit, at first I wasn't sure if I would buy BO5A & Laketown, but seeing those last pics, I think that I'm gonna have to get them all, plus the lake town from last wave which I skipped.

Well, Lake town and BO5A don't look so awful as they seemed at first sight

True, but that ballista is still awfully gigantic.

Just a question for the lucky ones who have bought the new The Hobbit sets already, is the Gwaihir of the BOFA set differs even in the slightest detail from the common eagles we had in the LOTR sets (Black Gate and Orthanc)? Based on the pictures we have some far it seems absolutely the same to me and it is a little strange to have the very same eagle in two sets to be a common eagle and a named oned in a third.

Just a question for the lucky ones who have bought the new The Hobbit sets already, is the Gwaihir of the BOFA set differs even in the slightest detail from the common eagles we had in the LOTR sets (Black Gate and Orthanc)? Based on the pictures we have some far it seems absolutely the same to me and it is a little strange to have the very same eagle in two sets to be a common eagle and a named oned in a third.

We got the exact same eagle in BotFA as in BatBG.

Lake Town is really adorable little build. Now when I saw it on those photos I decided to buy it first with Witch King Battle set as soon as I will see it in my eshop here.

Thanks for the early pics, Shuebmabow. Erebor looks just as interesting from the back - whats the transparent blue-orange thing supposed to be?

In the biggining in the Hobbit AUJ when Old bilbo was writing about Erebor when they dug out the Arkenstone out or something that will happen in BO5A

In the biggining in the Hobbit AUJ when Old bilbo was writing about Erebor when they dug out the Arkenstone out or something that will happen in BO5A

No. that was when Thorin was also young the arkenstone is already mined