just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

There has been no official word on what will be revealed at SDCC or if anything Hobbit related even will be. Past experience strongly suggests that there will be one set revealed. I agree with many here that it is likely the one with Smaug.

Last year, I think the Hobbit had a bigger presence than the year before. TLG gave out an Azog preview minifigure which was labeled as exclusive and sold an exclusive small Bagend set. I hope we get that big of a treatment this year.

It is even possible that they will reveal the entire wave 3 line. But I am skeptical about that.

Does anyone have any comparison shots of the movie Smaug with the LEGO Smaug?

Unless you mean from the video game, I don't think that's possible… we haven't seen LEGO Smaug yet (and there's no guarantee the game version will match the LEGO version)

Think i have that in my flickr. game version obviosuly, but what weve seen of physical lego smaug matches the game.

The onslaught of exclusive minifig/set reveals for some of the other themes (especially Superheroes & the LEGO movie) really starts to scare me, hopefully there won't be any Hobbit exclusives *shudders* :distressed: Unless it's something that includes new moulds like last year's Azog giveaway of course :laugh:

The onslaught of exclusive minifig/set reveals for some of the other themes (especially Superheroes & the LEGO movie) really starts to scare me, hopefully there won't be any Hobbit exclusives *shudders* :distressed:

O I would be happy with any new exclusive fig: means TLG is still willing to invest in the line.

If they did do one, my guess would be that it's either a variant or an obscure character, based of off the other three reveals.

I hope any Hobbit exlusive is like the previous ones in that it is pretty much identicle to minifigures that will be found in upcoming sets and the only realy "exclusive" part is the packaging.

Edited by Deathleech

The different lines appear to have different strategies going into ComicCon. I am very appreciative of how The Hobbit was treated last year. There was chase items and an exclusive set, but by the time the year would out, everyone had access to all the minifigs.

It seems a lot worse for the Superheroes lines. Fortunately while I enjoy some of those sets, I don't collect them.

Brotherhood Workshop drops another hint:

<< If anyone is going to be at San Diego Comic Con, make sure to drop by the LEGO booth at 11 a.m. on Thursday morning I can't tell you why, but I can say that you won't be disappointed. >>

Of course this may be referring to other themes, but with BW recently having received what we think to be the Smaug set, it's quite likely (a) Hobbit set(s) :wub:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Brotherhood Workshop drops another hint:

<< If anyone is going to be at San Diego Comic Con, make sure to drop by the LEGO booth at 11 a.m. on Thursday morning I can't tell you why, but I can say that you won't be disappointed. >>

Of course this may be referring to other themes, but with BW recently having received what we think to be the Smaug set, it's quite likely (a) Hobbit set(s) :wub:

maybe they will reveal the set and show his video on their big screen.

It's definitely a set he's talking about :sweet: Someone responded with "NEW SETS!!!!!!" to which he answered: "I didn't say that" followed by a " :wink:" smiley. I don't think that can be interpreted any other way (unless the smiley is misleading on purpose) :laugh:

Sucks being on the other side of the world...

don't worry. I live in the US Midwest and SDCC is just as inaccessible to me ;)

That is an awesome print. Provided it isn't too crazy on eBay, I might pick it up.

The one of four part is interesting. I suspect instead of giving away four Superhereo minifigs last previous years, they are giving away four across all their themes.

But if there will be four Hobbit exclusive (non preview) for SDCC this year, I will skip this one altogether.

That is an awesome print. Provided it isn't too crazy on eBay, I might pick it up.

The one of four part is interesting. I suspect instead of giving away four Superhereo minifigs last previous years, they are giving away four across all their themes.

But if there will be four Hobbit exclusive (non preview) for SDCC this year, I will skip this one altogether.

I believe they mean one of four exclusive minifigures- Bard, The Collector, Unikitty, and a DC one. This doesn't include the figs in sets.

Does this mean we're going to get bard in his dark blue variation later this year? They had Azog as the exclusive last year and included him in a set later. I think bard in dark blue is a preview minifigure.

Bard will undoubtedly be a preview figure like azog. That's his main costume in the new movie they wouldn't just exclusively give it away there. He will be in the lake town tower set, he is too important to that part of the story not to be. in Other news the first look at the battle image. http://www.flicksandbits.com/tag/bard-the-bowman/

Edited by legofreak86

LEGOFreak, I am not so sure. I suspect while the body print is reused in Wave 3 that the legs won't be. That makes it a true exclusive.

It is similar to Sauramon. The cheap set had white legs while the Orthanc had a printed dress piece.

That Bard looks so much better than the one from LTC. As long as we get the torso print, I'm happy.

I doubt it. For two years in a row a preview figure from the hobbit has been given away. Then we have seen it again in the following wave exactly as it was. Both Azog and Jacketless Bilbo followed this example. I can't see Lego sacrificing accuracy of printing for the sake of making something exclusive. Besides bard would look off without the leg printing as in the new promo picture it matches the movie entirely. I don't reckon this will be any different from last year. I have to say the range of sets we are getting sounds a bit more comprehensive than last year. I mean Dol Guldur, Erebor, Dale, Laketown sets sound like a great variety. I think though its the figures I'm looking forward to most, some slots to be filled and some new characters people will want and of course smaug. I still think it's awesome that the smaller set has Galadriel, Armoured Elrond and The Witch king. I mean for a small set that's very impressive!