just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

Now that you mention it I do remember the mention of three buildings. If there were ruins I would think they would be easy to differentiate but no one mentions them. Plus they are mentioned as an addon to LTC, perhaps both sets are of Laketown then?

It's not like we really need any more ruins, wave two covered that well.

I think since part of the BOFA will take place in Dale it's more likely than more of Lake Town. Plus Huw did mention there was a BOFA set, but he didn't recall much about it.

So even if the largest set did have less than 900 pieces at $130, I would hope the difference is due to a molded dragon of good size. However, if you look at Star Wars sets - Jabba's Palace 717 bricks, 7 figures for $119.99, and Jabba's Sail Barge 850 pieces, 5 figures for $119.99. That is including Jabba, who is molded, but not of really larger stature. Those are both priced significantly higher compared to piece count. So to me, piece count doesn't mean anything. If the set is substantial enough, then it might warrant the price. Otherwise, wait for an awesome sale like I did on those two above sets. I spent about $175 instead of the asking $240.

Exactly the two style buildings which belong to Dale were mistaken for Laketown. The Laketown set is the second smallest according to Huw from fbtb. There is actually a thread about the toy fair at London where he reviews his recordings which are directly from the Lego rep.

Lake town set is a bell tower with Bain, BoFA is a couple buildings with Dain and Erebor is sand green interior with Smaug.

It wouldn't make much sense for Laketown to get to two 59.99 sets and Dale which plays a significant part of TABA have only a small army builder. Also the waves seem to skip a $30 army builder meaning wave 3 will likely not have one but like Black Gate, BoFA will be able to represent a battle and feature the respective faction.

The reason some attendees were confused was the close proximity of the Laketown bell tower with the two Dale ruined buildings. Dale has some similar architecture to Laketown but has terra cotta colors and white. Since it's in ruins and scorched, part of it will be grey but we shouldn't have another grey ruin. The set should have some interesting colors actually based on the once brilliant bright painted stones mixed with scorched segments. I am really excited about this set and what Lego could give us!

Lake town set is a bell tower with Bain, BoFA is a couple buildings with Dain and Erebor is sand green interior with Smaug.

and thats the idea i like! :wub:

@Floundie: Great summary :thumbup: The only thing missing is the coverage by fbtbs bigospedros, who attended the LTF along with Barry and Huw:

So, I have no real interest in LOTR or the Hobbit. I did have the sets presented to me, but it really didn't go into my brain, because it was like they were talking a foreign language at me (you know, when you try to explain Star Wars to a non SW fan!).

Again, there is a lot of background noise on my recording and the presenters voice is very quiet, so here's what I can glean from it.

There was a minifig that would glow in the dark (the Witch King?) in the £11.99 set, that also came with two other figs (that I have no notes on).

There was a Lake Town Bell Tower set (name subject to change) which included Bain (£34.99 i think)

A £59.99 Battle Of The Five Armies set, comes with a few figs, one of them perhaps (I had to google what I thought she said and this is what it came up with) Dain Ironfoot (??)

The £99.99 set was called The Lonely Mountain, which comes with some kind of dragon thing (Smaug?) but it was not at the fair - it was instead represented by a red dragon from the Castle line. It comes with Bilbo and a few others.

Most of the audio is her demonstrating play features of the sets, not the figures ... xLEGO_sad.gif.pagespeed.ic.y3gJNImtau.png

So there ya go, I hope that's helpful. I've certainly learnt a few lessons for next year.

http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10310&start=20

@Floundie: Great summary :thumbup: The only thing missing is the coverage by fbtbs bigospedros, who attended the LTF along with Barry and Huw:

http://www.fbtb.net/...=10310&start=20

Wow, great find! Can't believe I missed that. I'll add that to my post and see if just2good could pin it at the start of the thread.

Part of me wishes the game was being released later so all 3 films would get bundled together, instead of getting TABA as a DLC.

Nothing wrong with the latter, it just feels more complete if they released the game with the whole trilogy.

Part of me wishes the game was being released later so all 3 films would get bundled together, instead of getting TABA as a DLC.

Nothing wrong with the latter, it just feels more complete if they released the game with the whole trilogy.

I think it's better as DLC. That way you can beat the game and still have something to look forward to at the end of the year.

Did you hear that though? 8 levels per movie. Sounds good to me! By the way, there is a game thread that needs to be used.

This NYTF-related catalogue confirms the October release date and the piece counts (page 60): http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/swexperience/new-york-toy-fair-2014/PR_Catalog_2014_FullBook_LoRes.pdf

It also states that more news are going to be revealed closer to the release date of the movie (SDCC I guess :sceptic: )

From what I remember last year at SDCC a piece count was given and later changed for LTC. So I don't see a press guide as something that is written in stone.

From what I remember last year at SDCC a piece count was given and later changed for LTC.

They simply said the wrong peice count. it was not changed.

Thanks for that, Lego-Freak. So by a miracle Erebor will definitely be $120 CAD! It's 79017 that I'm worried about though. Black gate was US $60 and then $75 over here. So why inflate the price so much with this one?

I think it's better as DLC. That way you can beat the game and still have something to look forward to at the end of the year.

Did you hear that though? 8 levels per movie. Sounds good to me! By the way, there is a game thread that needs to be used.

Wouldn't it also be slightly more expensive?

Wouldn't it also be slightly more expensive?

if the game had all 3 movies you would still oly get 16 levels. so that emans less content overall. now we get 16 level + however many is left for taba

if the game had all 3 movies you would still oly get 16 levels. so that emans less content overall. now we get 16 level + however many is left for taba

That doesn't sound too bad, then. I'll definitely be buying it on Steam when it comes out.