just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

If the soldier has no helmet (elven helmet that is) then it makes little difference.... you just swap face off of Elrond and there you are generic Elves.... Why I personally want Elven warriors is for the helmet they have....ok and shield but Ill be happy with helmet already....

I hope Galadriel is in her traditional white gown....

Elrond is proapbly in his purple/red armor. the normal soldiers are in SIlver color.

I hope Galadriel is in her AUJ white gown, and I really hope lego gives her a skirt piece despite being in a assumed action scene set.

Also why are you all so sure we get a new Dragon mold.... did LEGO said that or was it written ''preliminary Smaug'' or what.... because It might just be the castle Dragon with other printing....

The current mold does not look like Smaug.

Elrond is proapbly in his purple/red armor. the normal soldiers are in SIlver color.

Yeah but thats minor.... As long as I would have helm Ill sign even that... I mean Elves had colorful war equipment just remember sons of Elrond from book and description of Tolkien about his equipment which was colorful and beautiful.

helm is a much more important part for me.... I am tired of the same hair!

The current mold does not look like Smaug.

Yes it does not.... But that is little to say its prelim.... I would be really surprised if LEGO makes a new mold for that.... not sure why but thats just my feeling.... I mean they launched the brand NEW Dragon Mold in 2013 and used it in 1 set..... Why would they make another Dragon just a good year after.... makes little sense to me...

Yes it does not.... But that is little to say its prelim.... I would be really surprised if LEGO makes a new mold for that.... not sure why but thats just my feeling.... I mean they launched the brand NEW Dragon Mold in 2013 and used it in 1 set..... Why would they make another Dragon just a good year after.... makes little sense to me...

What 2013 dragon? do you mean the one from 2007? wich has been in 4 sets atleast

Edited by deskp

I don't really think Lego could get away with using the existing dragon mold. They could maybe re-use the head but Smaugs wings are attached to His arms where as the Lego dragon has seperate wings and arms. That's too big of a difference for Lego not to make a new mold.

Edited by Deathleech

According to Huw (http://www.brickset....rticle/?ID=9818), there were only three sets on display and Smaug is apparently included in the largest:

The Hobbit

Three sets will be available in October. They did not have names. One was a small rock piece, the middle-priced one was another part of Lake-town, a tower IIRC, and the largest featured Smaug. It was a nondescript structure made predominantly from sand green. I'd like to tell you what minifigs are included but I can't remember.

That's quite weird since the Laketown set assumably includes the tower with the ballista on top... Or a part of the Bo5A even takes place in the torched Laketown?! :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I'm not sure if people are getting their infor right. They might be seeing things set up in a weird way on the display.

what is another laketown set without smaug?!

Sadly so far no hobbit fan have taken a look at the display, we've only gotten weird reports from people who doesent know the settings or characthers.

also, I would of thought Erebor sets to be dark green not sand green?

According to Huw (http://www.brickset....rticle/?ID=9818), there were only three sets on display and Smaug is apparently included in the largest:

The Hobbit

Three sets will be available in October. They did not have names. One was a small rock piece, the middle-priced one was another part of Lake-town, a tower IIRC, and the largest featured Smaug. It was a nondescript structure made predominantly from sand green. I'd like to tell you what minifigs are included but I can't remember.

That's quite weird since the Laketown set assumably includes the tower with the ballista on top... Or a part of the Bo5A even takes place in the torched Laketown? :tongue:

Well, a person who can't remember a single minifig which is included.... I'm not sure how reliable such a person might be.

The retailer catalogue clearly shows 4 sets... don't see any reason why then it should be only 3 sets.

I think they didn't show all four sets due to spoilers :wink: Obviously, the Hobbit area wasn't as hidden as the GotG section, so WB/New Line is apparently more lenient than Disney. Instead of encapsulating the whole area they probably simply didn't display the spoilerific parts/sets there :grin: What we heard so far doesn't really contain spoilers, now does it :purrr:

Edit: Huw has added an interesting comment: http://www.brickset....D=9818#comments

Posted by Huw in United Kingdom, 22 Jan 2014 11:19

No new LotR.

There were dwarves, orcs, elves and men in the sets. I remember only Galadriel who's in the smallest one I believe.

Edited by Lego-Freak

Then we should assume when the person wrote DAIN that they meant BAIN wich is Bard's son??

2ebbipv.png

Has it been confirmed anywhere what the five armies are? In the books it is men, elves and dwarves against orcs/goblins and wargs, with eagles and bats present. In the film, the wargs won't be considered an army, which leaves a slot open. PJ has said we'll see aerial battles between the eagles and the giant bats, so why would the eagles be considered and army and the giant bats not?

Unless it is set out as men, elves, dwarves, eagles against the forces of evil.

Also, this Bain/Dain business could get a little confusing to non-fans! Both will probably have short legs too!

Has it been confirmed anywhere what the five armies are? In the books it is men, elves and dwarves against orcs/goblins and wargs, with eagles and bats present. In the film, the wargs won't be considered an army, which leaves a slot open. PJ has said we'll see aerial battles between the eagles and the giant bats, so why would the eagles be considered and army and the giant bats not?

Unless it is set out as men, elves, dwarves, eagles against the forces of evil.

We'll it's not nessecarily been confirmed. but it doesen't really need to be.

Well the Eagles act on their own behalf, ergo they are their own army.

the bats/orcs/wargs acts on behalf of sauron so they combined are one army.

then theres laketown

Mirkwood

and erebor(company)/ironhills

Posted by Huw in United Kingdom, 22 Jan 2014 11:19

No new LotR.

Does that mean no new LOTR in 2014 or no new LOTR at all?

I stille hope Smaug is in the Laketown set!

I imagine it means no new lotr was on display at the toy fair.

No new sets in 2014 (summer wave). I don't think he would announce the end of the theme in the comment section.

Edited by Robert_88

The retailer catalogue clearly shows 4 sets... don't see any reason why then it should be only 3 sets.

They usually don't show the limited edition / store exclusive sets at toy fairs. Why promote it to retailers / vendors if they are not allowed to order it?

They usually don't show the limited edition / store exclusive sets at toy fairs. Why promote it to retailers / vendors if they are not allowed to order it?

They did show the orc forge at toy fair.

its propably a spoiler set, since certain designs from the movie are secret

Edited by deskp

Okay so I might be years too late with saying this but we know there's no place for a D2C set this year, and the dvd-release of TABA will probably be around June/July, so what if we get a March (July) D2C Hobbit set?

Okay so I might be years too late with saying this but we know there's no place for a D2C set this year, and the dvd-release of TABA will probably be around June/July, so what if we get a March (July) D2C Hobbit set?

The dvd release will priably be same time they released AUJ wich was April

The dvd release will priably be same time they released AUJ wich was April

Which makes a D2C even more logical. :excited:

Edited by dr jones

Which makes a D2C even more logical. :excited:

Yeah, and I do think it makes sense to make a d2c set for the hobbit seeing as it has stayed around for 3 years growing its audience and will be a good way to end the completed hobbit trilogy

Edited by deskp

There's probably another D2C set around the corner since there's usually two in the Summer (one of which is always a SW one). But I'm not sure if it's likely to be based on the Hobbit, now with Smaug being included in the regular sets there aren't that many options for something iconic to be released in such a scale :laugh: If there's another Middle-Earth based D2C set, I'd rather see something from LOTR (even though new molds we dearly need wouldn't be included) :sweet: Frankly, I guess it's a Marvel set instead, it's currently the only licensed theme that's in desperate need of one :wink:

What 2013 dragon? do you mean the one from 2007? wich has been in 4 sets atleast

This one... its 2013 set Dragon isnt it? The question is... why would LEGO release a NEW dragon with Hobbit films if they have no intention of reusing it....

lego-dragon-mountain-set-70403-15-1.png