just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

Nope, no LOTR wave this year. :cry_sad:. The October sets are all Hobbit.

But all the other Hobbit sets have come around that time as well, haven't they? What's happening with the summer wave?

Interesting, so Smaug could still be in either set... Great, and here I foolishly thought that particular discussion might finally be put to rest :tongue: So Elrond, the Witch-King, Galadriel, Dain II, Bain and Smaug are confirmed as well as sets based on Dol Guldur, Erebor and Laketown :wub: Now I can die happily... but not before I get my hands on them of course :grin:

Its amazing that Elrond, the witch king and Galadriel are in the smallest set. Those minifigs alone should make it very popular even if they just throw in some random pieces. The Lonely mountain set sounds very intriguing, i really like the idea of hidden treasure rooms. But being an interior set will mean less potential for Bo5A. Basically one set seems dedicated to the battle, which could mean some might not get their armored ________. Everything sounds good so far, have to wait for the German toy fair for pics.

But all the other Hobbit sets have come around that time as well, haven't they? What's happening with the summer wave?

Both 2014 waves are Hobbit. No LotR on the schedule.

Both 2014 waves are Hobbit. No LotR on the schedule.

And, there's only one Hobbit wave- which is in the Fall.

Im nervous for how well they will cover Bo5A figures now. If the Erebor set is from DOS.

I want the armored elves more than msot other stuff!

Im nervous for how well they will cover Bo5A figures now. If the Erebor set is from DOS.

I want the armored elves more than msot other stuff!

Me too

It does seem weird if the only bo5a set is the relatively small 30$ one... In the previous waves the 30$ set has only had 3 unique printed figures.... If Dain is one of them, that leaves armored orc and presumably armored Dwarf (dwarves casue of Dain, orcs cause they need an enemy) wich means we're still short of an armored elf.

Would it not seem mroe natural to put Dain and the dwarf soldier in Erebor? then leave the 30$ set to the elves.

It does seem weird if the only bo5a set is the relatively small 30$ one... In the previous waves the 30$ set has only had 3 unique printed figures.... If Dain is one of them, that leaves armored orc and presumably armored Dwarf (dwarves casue of Dain, orcs cause they need an enemy) wich means we're still short of an armored elf.

Would it not seem mroe natural to put Dain and the dwarf soldier in Erebor? then leave the 30$ set to the elves.

in a beautiful world, dain & his boar would be in the erebor set, and the bo5a set would have 2 armored elves, 2 armored dwarves, and 2 orcs. i dunno what animal (horse/warg etc) it'd have....

Dain maybe, but not necessarily the dwarves. We did already get an army builder that was heavy on elves with MEA so I dunno how likely Lego will be to add them to another army builder, even if they are armored versions. Dwarf soldiers seem like a bigger priority to me considering we haven't gotten them in any set yet. I would love to see Lego totally nix the unique character and give us a "true" army builder. 1 armored dwarf, 1 armored elf, a Lake-town soldier/militia fig, and 3 armored orcs. That would be ideal.

Dain maybe, but not necessarily the dwarves. We did already get an army builder that was heavy on elves with MEA so I dunno how likely Lego will be to add them to another army builder, even if they are armored versions. Dwarf soldiers seem like a bigger priority to me considering we haven't gotten them in any set yet. I would love to see Lego totally nix the unique character and give us a "true" army builder. 1 armored dwarf, 1 armored elf, a Lake-town soldier/militia fig, and 3 armored orcs. That would be ideal.

this sounds good. Too bad the laketown polybag is a lost cause for so many people. personally i have enough of them to where i don't care at all about getting any more laketown troops... (but i am very lucky to be in this position)

1 armored dwarf, 1 armored elf, a Lake-town soldier/militia fig, and 3 armored orcs. That would be ideal.

I don't armybuild, but I would like this aswell, ANything lego can do to cover everything is good to me! But i do think 2 armored orcs are enough, then they can do 2 of the dwarves or elves instead.

So we should assume the erebor set is also connected to bo5a, seeing as Smaug isn't in it, and they need some force to figth right? that means Orcs! it makes little sense to make another laketown set if not to have the smaug showdown!

this sounds good. Too bad the laketown polybag is a lost cause for so many people. personally i have enough of them to where i don't care at all about getting any more laketown troops... (but i am very lucky to be in this position)

the lake town guards won't be Laketowns primary army force in the battle.

the lake town guards won't be Laketowns primary army force in the battle.

i was not aware of this. Wow, even more for Lego to take care of....

i was not aware of this. Wow, even more for Lego to take care of....

The state of laketown is kindof decrepit, they don't have the means of having an army, the Laketown guards are basically it's police.

Laketown will form a makeshift army of it's population.

2ebbipv.png

It looked most like this I think. The reiterated that he had an entirely new crown piece a couple of times.

He seemed to be part of a small, surprisingly cheap set - £11.99 I think - that had three minifigs: Elrond, Witch King and Galadrial, plus a cursory bit of scenery.

The Lonely Mountain set was lots of sand green and looked pretty large - with lots of gold and hidden sections for more gold and jewels. The arkenstone was just a standard blue gem, but it might have just been a preliminary as Smaug was (he was just a castle dragon standing in!)

The other two (I think) sets were more of the village and one included Dain Ironfoot, the other the Bowman's Son amongst a number of other figs, but we didn't get long enough to see who they all were.

I can't think of anything else about the sets that I haven't noted above - my Hobbit knowledge is a bit sketchy so only a couple of characters stuck in my head as we were rushed on to the next bit!

That means a new smaug mold :D oh and what did Dain look like?

Well this is exciting! And the sets appear to be pretty much true to the predictions that were going on here: a small Dol Guldur set, one based on Lake-Town with Smaug, an Erebor set, and a Bo5A set!

I look forward to the minifigs from the Dol Guldur set, and will be happy to be expanding Lake-Town with the Smaug set. Erebor sounds the best, I am very happy they aren't ignoring it for other movie sequences (I'd much rather Erebor than the Bo5A, if I HAD to make a choice).

I'm happy with only a small-ish Bo5A set. Also, it might not necessarily be an army-builder, to those worrying they might not get enough unique figures. The second LOTR wave didn't have an army-builder. It might just be a similarly-sized set, but normal in terms of minifig selection. I imagine it's probably actually based on a specific scene in the movie, since they have to include Dain and Bolg in it. Unless Bolg is put in the Lake-Town set, which MAY happen, as he was there in the second movie, and they've done cross-movie sets before.

Thanks for the news! I look forward to hearing more :)

Its amazing that Elrond, the witch king and Galadriel are in the smallest set. Those minifigs alone should make it very popular even if they just throw in some random pieces.

Agreed. Assuming a $20 pricepoint (better if it's somehow even lower) this sounds like a spectacular set on all fronts. Works for kids because it's some big-name characters that they'll recognize. Is great for us AFOLs because Galadriel is one of the 3 key remaining unique must-have Tolkien characters (leaving Faramir and Eowyn), a new Elrond is quite welcome (plus the small price point means his red-armor outfit can be bricklinked for Rivendell Elf warriors more easily), and with LOTR in limbo we'll take any Witch-King we can get for the time being. The Twilight Nazgul also look similar enough that depending on how the mold ends up looking, one could get 5 (or 9) Twilight Nazgul ironically for cheaper than normal Nazgul, lol.

And it'll make a great gift for any Tolkien fan in general due to the sheer glorious obscurity of it. I mean, come on, how wonderfully absurd is it that we're getting a Lego set of the White Council Assaulting Dol Guldur?! A scene buried so deep in the Appendices, and yet in less than a year's time it'll be immortalized in plastic forever.

Agreed. Assuming a $20 pricepoint (better if it's somehow even lower) this sounds like a spectacular set on all fronts. Works for kids because it's some big-name characters that they'll recognize.

And it'll make a great gift for any Tolkien fan in general due to the sheer glorious obscurity of it. I mean, come on, how wonderfully absurd is it that we're getting a Lego set of the White Council Assaulting Dol Guldur?! A scene buried so deep in the Appendices, and yet in less than a year's time it'll be immortalized in plastic forever.

I do wonder if there is some small chanse the "Elrond" on display is supposed to be a generic Rivendell or Lorien soldier. I would prefer a generic rivendell soldier instead of a 3rd Elrond.

I'm happy with only a small-ish Bo5A set. Also, it might not necessarily be an army-builder, to those worrying they might not get enough unique figures. The second LOTR wave didn't have an army-builder. It might just be a similarly-sized set, but normal in terms of minifig selection. I imagine it's probably actually based on a specific scene in the movie, since they have to include Dain and Bolg in it. Unless Bolg is put in the Lake-Town set, which MAY happen, as he was there in the second movie, and they've done cross-movie sets before.

It would be incredibly silly for Lego NOT to give us an army builder if it's a set based on the Battle of Five Armies.

I do wonder if there is some small chanse the "Elrond" on display is supposed to be a generic Rivendell or Lorien soldier. I would prefer a generic rivendell soldier instead of a 3rd Elrond.

If the soldier has no helmet (elven helmet that is) then it makes little difference.... you just swap face off of Elrond and there you are generic Elves.... Why I personally want Elven warriors is for the helmet they have....ok and shield but Ill be happy with helmet already....

I hope Galadriel is in her traditional white gown....

Also why are you all so sure we get a new Dragon mold.... did LEGO said that or was it written ''preliminary Smaug'' or what.... because It might just be the castle Dragon with other printing....