just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

@azog15: That's pretty much a given, at least according to the members who claim to have laid eyes on preliminary pictures of the last wave, where Bolg was supposed to be in 79014 but got replaced by another Orc because of WETA's design chances for Bolg :wink: Obviously they removed him to release his new design in another set :grin:

I hope we at least get to see the old design in the video game in some form.

Well, this is pretty solid news. A small Smaug is disappointing, but a new Elrond I will take either way (a cheap reuse of the 2nd Age armor, or a new red-armor reskin). Twilight Witchking - hilarious that we're getting him and not ROTK Witchking, but I'll take what I can get. Bain son of Bard was an obvious inclusion, glad he's gonna be there.

Now I'm just hoping that the $30 set is a BO5A armybuilder.

Regarding the Witch king, I just hope we get the Witch King's battle helmet. Man, that would be great. Small chances, but who knows...

Edit - 500th post :sweet:

Edited by KristofBD

I posted this in the other, Future Hobbit Sets thread, but I guess it should have been here...

The Witch King in Dol Guldur:

WitchKingOfAngmarSpirit.jpg

I assume this is what we're gonna get, which is fine by me because this also works for Weathertop. But I am also hoping for a LotR Witchking of Angmar in armor as well.

So I found 2 different screen shots from the game. He could look like this:

2013-01-15-145325.jpg

Or like this:

White_Ringwraith.png

gaming_lego_lord_of_the_rings_6.jpg

They seem to be the same except the one in Hobbiton has a hair piece and a different crown. I'm assuming he'll look like that one.

ALSO

Another thing to consider...

Since Smaug's wings are very similar to the fell beast, TLG might just reuse them for the Fell Beast:

14237906.jpg

thehobit2013-8.png

So MAYBE this is good news for a future Witch King/Fell Beast set too!

I look forward to the Laketown set. Could be a nice, well designed set. I hope it comes with Bolg, or we see Bolg SOMEWHERE.

White_Ringwraith.png

It looked most like this I think. The reiterated that he had an entirely new crown piece a couple of times.

He seemed to be part of a small, surprisingly cheap set - £11.99 I think - that had three minifigs: Elrond, Witch King and Galadrial, plus a cursory bit of scenery.

The Lonely Mountain set was lots of sand green and looked pretty large - with lots of gold and hidden sections for more gold and jewels. The arkenstone was just a standard blue gem, but it might have just been a preliminary as Smaug was (he was just a castle dragon standing in!)

The other two (I think) sets were more of the village and one included Dain Ironfoot, the other the Bowman's Son amongst a number of other figs, but we didn't get long enough to see who they all were.

I can't think of anything else about the sets that I haven't noted above - my Hobbit knowledge is a bit sketchy so only a couple of characters stuck in my head as we were rushed on to the next bit!

Edited by ianmrid

Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

Phew, so we get Galadriel after all, what a relief :laugh: The Lonely Mountain set is based on the Bo5A I suppose? Or is Smaug included in that one rather than the Laketown set? :grin:

Edit: I'm somewhat glad they just used a stand-in for Smaug, that means the actual thing might be bigger than the Castle dragon :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

It was totally unclear which one Smaug was a part of - they had him set up closer to Laketown tho - but that's not a great indication! The table was a bit of a mess and annoyingly one of the last ones we got to see which meant less time for questions.

The mountain was a playset of the inside rather than anything external. I guess that makes it less likely to be based on the Bo5A bit - doesn't that all take place outside? (Again, my Hobbit knowledge is poor - not read it since I was young!)

Interesting, so Smaug could still be in either set... Great, and here I foolishly thought that particular discussion might finally be put to rest :tongue: So Elrond, the Witch-King, Galadriel, Dain II, Bain and Smaug are confirmed as well as sets based on Dol Guldur, Erebor and Laketown :wub: Now I can die happily... but not before I get my hands on them of course :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

@azog15: The Erebor set might still be part of the battle (who knows, maybe the film representation of the battle also takes place inside the mountain?) and Dain II is specifically mentioned, so yes, at least one set is based on the battle (personally, I think it's two in total) :wink:

So no BO5A sets?

Just sounds like Erebor. However, ianmrid did mention two village sets, one of which included Dain. That could very well be a Dale army builder, while the other set is Esgaroth with Smaug.

Also, it makes way more sense that Smaug is in the Esgaroth set. His attack on the lake will likely be a big action scene that opens the new film. Including him in Erebor would make no sense.

The other two (I think) sets were more of the village and one included Dain Ironfoot, the other the Bowman's Son amongst a number of other figs, but we didn't get long enough to see who they all were.

Did the $30(?) set seem to be an army builder similar to Mirkwood Elf Army and Uruk-hai Army? Is that maybe why you didn't recognize the other characters? Do you recall if they look like armored dwarves, elves, or orcs? Was there any other molded creatures besides Smaug, either new or re-used? The eagle, Warg, etc.?

Awesome, thanks ianmrid.

The small set can't go wrong with three new exclusive and clamored for figs and Erebor sounds sweet!

Thanks Ianmrid. I very much appreciate you taking the time to share what you saw :)

These sets sound exciting! (While my wallet weeps). LOVE that we are finally getting a Galadriel!

So, nothing for LotR? That's a bit odd.

Nope, no LOTR wave this year. :cry_sad:. The October sets are all Hobbit.

Hopefully FBTB will get us some more detailed info. So far they've only reported on SW.

Well, it's certainly refreshing to get some kind of news and details.

Thanks ianmrid!

I'd love some Erebor and more Laketown sounds good too. Crossing my fingers for good army building.