Sign in to follow this  
Farnheim

MOC: 4wide water rescue unit

Hello all!

The next one (of my 120+ firetrucks, containers and trailers :grin: ) I want to show you is a water rescue truck in combination with a boat on a trailer. This unit carries rescue divers and a lot specific equipment to the scene. The truck is highly recommend for rough and/or weak terrain. The boat (which features a solid aluminum hull) carries a powerful outboard motor and a lot of equipment for the first responders. It's quite basic-built, but features the typical bicolor paint scheme and the drive train as a little more detail under the car. Like every MOC of mine this truck also features some epuipment like the divers' suit, a respirator and a special platform to rescue people from thin ice.

gf-w02.jpg

gf-w04.jpg

gf-w10.jpg

gf-w12.jpg

gf-w13.jpg

gf-w15.jpg

mzb01.jpg

mzb02.jpg

mzb03.jpg

Finally a picture of the complete a water rescue squad that will be released when an incoming emergency call is indexed by the dispatchers with the word "water". It features from the right: incident command van, pumper (also equipped with stuff for the technical assistance, water rescue truck (divers truck), boat truck and a crane and a rescue van.

wrz03.jpg

Hope you like it. C&C are welcome as usual. Thanks in advance. :classic:

Regards,

Farnheim

Wow, another AWESOME 4 wide fire vehicle 'Farnheim'......I really like these old school inspired designs of yours......even though I prefer 6 wides. :wink:

Brick On 'Farnheim' ! :grin:

Excellent job Farnheim! 120+!? I love the boat and trailer with the truck. Your little 4W's are always a pleasure to see :classic:

Thank you very much. Well, we've counted them during the exhibition "Bricking Bavaria" last November. Here's a little sneak preview of what I've done in red so far... :wink:

bb2013_fh18.jpg

bb2013_fh25.jpg

bb2013_fh21.jpg

Thank you all a bunch!

Impressive collection, you have got there Farnheim. Do you make the fire logos yourself?

No, I don't print any images myself. These door logos (and all others e.g. the red cross) are all regular printed parts.

I prefer these to the bigger official firetrucks which I think tend to get too big, I am going to have borrow some of your techniques to make my town vehicles slightly smaller. Great work.

Thank you very much. Well, we've counted them during the exhibition "Bricking Bavaria" last November. Here's a little sneak preview of what I've done in red so far... :wink:

bb2013_fh18.jpg

Wow, this picture just blew my mind! So much love for old school 4 wide. And the old fire logo on the doors are a great touch. Great job everyone who's keeping the old style town vehicles alive!

Cool Water Rescue vehicle and boat. I like how it resembles a 4x4 capability. Also like the line up of your 'water' incident PDA.