Mephek

Review Of The Worst Bionicle Sets Of All Time

I've got to say, while many of these look pretty awful and sometimes plain scary, some of them have pretty neat designs for their size. That small thing with Rahkshi head, disk throwing tail and four legs looks quite neat, same for the latter two polybags from 2008 (if it weren't for the dead eyes of the one with Hydraxon face...). The 2006 Bad Guy with the Piraka head is also quite good and even gives you free light-up eyes and a Piraka head.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

No kidding, Tarix was absolutely awful. His blades are awesome though, I recently used them on a HF villain MOC.

Heeey, don't be so harsh on Tarix! His mask (or helmet, anyway) had a beard connection point! A beard connection point!

And I have sort of a guess that "humour" is the main point on this topic on the first place. Still intesting to see that there are people who can form well-written arguments on it. It's cool on its own way.

Polybag sets. Some came in battery packs.

They are just stupidly simple and incomplete looking.

As for good sets... I enjoy the 2006 bionicle sets. Especially Kardas Dragon.

Who cares? Kardas wasn't added to batteries or whatever. If these sets were sold for 2$-4$ or just given free that's not a problem that they look as they look. They are just bags of parts. And yes, we can doubt your maturity.

Who cares? Kardas wasn't added to batteries or whatever. If these sets were sold for 2$-4$ or just given free that's not a problem that they look as they look. They are just bags of parts. And yes, we can doubt your maturity.

He doesn't like a plastic toy! Oh no!

He doesn't like a plastic toy! Oh no!

You're free to like or dislike whatever you want. What's juvenile is thinking that one-sentence rants about sets you dislike, thrown together with random and petty insults to entire communities, deserve to be considered a "review" and given their own topic. The purpose of a review is to inform people about a product, not just to serve as a soap box for childish insults and uninformed opinions.

As an example, you refer to one exclusive recolor in one of the 2008 sets. But it turns out that set doesn't actually HAVE any exclusive recolors, which you likely would have known if you actually owned the set. That information was just a catalog error, like many on Bricklink, probably made by a person who wasn't a BIONICLE fan.

You don't show us the sets from any angles that we wouldn't have seen by checking them on Brickset. You don't tell us basic information like their price or their piece counts (the one you mention a probable piece count, 7217, is only two-thirds of the actual piece count, and anyone can arrive at a closer estimate than you did if they actually bother to count the pieces visible in the photo).

You call the sets lazy, stupid, and simple without providing any examples of better sets at a similar price for comparison. Instead of giving meaningful number ratings, you use meaningless ones for dramatic effect (here's a hint: a NEGATIVE rating for value means your collection actually LOSES value if it includes these sets, a claim no intelligent person could be serious about).

You refer only to the sets' looks without even making any mention of their building or play value, since only a person who actually built and played with these models could state any informed opinion on these two things, and you apparently didn't put forth the effort to do either. You don't even spend a moment considering the reasons the sets look how they do, any more than you consider how low it is to throw cheap and petty insults at the Custom BIONICLE Wiki or MOCpages.

I wonder if maybe the title could be changed to "Worst review of BIONICLE sets of all time"? It'd be at least a bit more accurate than the current title, even if it might still be a bit of an exaggeration.

Edited by Aanchir

I admit to getting a laugh to your comment about the first one shouting "KILL ME NOW!", but the rest of this review is pretty much trolling. I hope I never hear "deformed inbred Mazeka Tanma baby" again in my life...

I've got to say, while many of these look pretty awful and sometimes plain scary, some of them have pretty neat designs for their size. That small thing with Rahkshi head, disk throwing tail and four legs looks quite neat, same for the latter two polybags from 2008 (if it weren't for the dead eyes of the one with Hydraxon face...). The 2006 Bad Guy with the Piraka head is also quite good and even gives you free light-up eyes and a Piraka head.

-Gata signoff.png

I've always enjoyed reading posts by Gatanui here and on BZP, and reading his chat logs in LU, but now I know why. He's vey positive and friendly, not criticizing Mephek for posting attacks on the sets instead of actually reviewing them. I wish I posted like Gata...

Dude you have pissed me off! I find your comments about cbw to be insulting and offensive.

I don't care if you were joking you shouldn't have said it. Personally I don't like my mocing ability being insulted.

Do you. Next time think about what your saying before you post it.

Next time think about what your saying before you post it.

Next time think about when to post. You are bumping an old topic, just to mention you are offended. You probably registered for the purpose of making this comment. That's not a great way to introduce yourself to a community.

Other than that; welcome to EB! Please read the site guidelines and hopefully you will have some fun too.

Dude you have pissed me off! I find your comments about cbw to be insulting and offensive.

I don't care if you were joking you shouldn't have said it. Personally I don't like my mocing ability being insulted.

Do you. Next time think about what your saying before you post it.

the dude that started this topic with those offensive stuff has been banned...