Mephek

Review Of The Worst Bionicle Sets Of All Time

I could easily build these, but I think the pictures are self-explanatory...

6934-1.gif?0

This set is simple, lazy, and overall shouts "KILL ME PLEASE" as it frantically flails it's arms around. This sets looks are so appalling it would make any child cry.

6126-1.jpg?0

Mazeka inbred with the fellow AV-Matoran Tanma and made this deformed baby. Missing hands, lacks proper feet. Looks like something from the Custom Bionicle Wiki.

6127-1.jpg?0

That blue pin in the middle of the torso bugs me. Like most good guy/bad guy sets it looks incomplete and looks as if someone from the Custom Bionicle Wiki made it.

6128-1.jpg?0

Only good guy set to have a recolor. That foot is not Light Bright Orange. It's earth orange. Not too terrible. Nothing wrong with it really. Just stupidly simple.

6944-1.jpg?0

Custom Bionicle Wiki worthy

6945-1.jpg?0

Those legs.... that head...... Mocpages worthy

6946-1.jpg?0

Basically the ancestor of the "zamor function" set from 2008 with a squid launcher. Too simple to mess up.

7217-1.jpg?0

I was waiting to talk about this.... Only one claw, lazy build, probably 10 parts, just looks awful. This is just horrendous looking.

7717-1.jpg?0

This would have been okay if the hips weren't sticking out of the crotch. Decent amount of parts, decent look compared to the things on the Custom Bionicle Wiki.

7716-1.jpg?0

Shoots disks from it's stomach? Looks more hollow than the back of a 2.0 hero set. No meat. Why the white mask? It's a black and grey set.

7719-1.gif?0

Missing a hand, same as the white one but with a better color scheme.

8026-1.jpg?0

Mocpages.

Not really, too simple to be bad. Decent for what it is.

7718-1.jpg?0

Looks like an offspring of the Shadowed One with a missing hand. Jawblade must have bit him.

OVERALL RATING

Colors: 1/5

Builds: 1/5

Value: -1/5

Probably designed by the same kids who post mocs on the one.. the only... CUSTOM BIONICLE WIKI

post-108937-0-19599800-1390279823_thumb.gif

Hi Mephek,

When were these sets released? Not being a fan from Bionicle, could you explain why they are worse than other bionicle sets? In contrast, what is the best Bionicle set in your opinion?

They're all polybags, none of these are really valid then imo.

Seen worse polybags in other themes, nothing new here.

some of them looked pretty funny, or where good for parts, like the piraka one, the light eyes are awesome

almost all of those are really bad and only good for parts. The 2006 is the worst, i mean look of those, who made them... oh wait a lot of people from the Custom Bionicle Wiki, anyways they are all only good who parts like the light up eyes and there feet. The 2007 are bad as well, like with the Bad Guy what, is there anything good about that, the answer is no there is nothing good about it, the Squid Launcher Function is really bad and i will never get it because of That Launcher. 2008 well it gotten better, the Function is alright, i do like the use of parts on it, good guy mainly don't care about but where his hand and bad guy just no, just no he is really bad.

exxtrooper said everything. They are polybags, they were certainly meant to be given as gifts, they're promotional items. So what could one expect with such "sets" ? Matoran ? And honestly, considering the facts they're polybags, the 2008 ones aren't that bad.

Seriously, you're too harsh with these.

Not going to lie, I got a good laugh out of your comments. But come on man, leave CBW alone. ;_;

Also you forgot Turaga Lhikan.

Hi Mephek,

When were these sets released? Not being a fan from Bionicle, could you explain why they are worse than other bionicle sets? In contrast, what is the best Bionicle set in your opinion?

Polybag sets. Some came in battery packs.

They are just stupidly simple and incomplete looking.

As for good sets... I enjoy the 2006 bionicle sets. Especially Kardas Dragon. The color scheme is a mess, but it's a combiner so I can give it a break. I also enjoy the Phantoka sets.

2007 was unique, Mazeka is probably the best vehicle, Tuma is cool... erm... Gelu and Malum are awesome... I like a lot of sets.

Not going to lie, I got a good laugh out of your comments. But come on man, leave CBW alone. ;_;

Meant to be funny, but my serious opinions.

I did forget lhikan. BUT... he follows a lot of the trends listed here. Improper feet, missing a hand, ect.

Meant to be funny, but my serious opinions.

I did forget lhikan. BUT... he follows a lot of the trends listed here. Improper feet, missing a hand, ect.

Ya it mainly pointless to talk about Turaga Lhikan.

Yeah... honestly, I think critiquing these by the same standards as regular sets is a mistake. These are impulse buys, often packed free with some other product like batteries. They're not meant to be works of art, and at best they'd introduce some family's kid to the ball joints and launchers of the Bionicle building system, or give an experienced builder some new parts or a new perspective on how old ones can potentially be used. Some of your criticisms would be off-base even if applied to a larger set. Only one tool? Why are you entitled to two? And for that matter, what's wrong with the very classic-Matoran looking feet of 6126?

I also think it's rather deceptive to frame this as a review when you don't even have the sets on hand to review. You're basically just pointing and laughing at sets without taking into account what they are or how they're meant to be obtained. Giving a negative point for value when these are, at worst, free Lego parts, is ridiculous.

I don't know if it's fair to say these were the worst BIONICLE sets of all time, though. For what they were trying to be, it would have been difficult to design better ones.

Small sets, especially polybag sets, perform a couple major functions: they enhance the collections of people who are already fans and they serve as an introduction to the brand for people who are not. This is incredibly difficult with constraction sets, which tend to have larger pieces than System sets. Why do you think the only Hero Factory polybag/impulse sets have been accessory packs rather than actual figures?

I agree the 2006 and 2007 ones look rather lackluster. But 6126, 6127, and 6128 are beautiful designs in my opinion, considering the size and budget constraints they were working with. I'd actually almost say that those three as well as 8026 are better designs than the actual Matoran sets from 2004 and 2008, since they are more complex and use existing parts in more creative ways than the formulaic designs of the Matoran of Metru Nui and Karda Nui.

This topic hardly qualifies as a review. It's just a juvenile, lowbrow stream of insults towards the sets and towards users of MOCpages and the Custom BIONICLE Wiki. I have no love for the Custom BIONICLE Wiki (I don't really think it's a topic that needs to be presented in wiki format, since a forum or image hosting site is generally better for posting MOCs), but it is absolutely irrelevant to discussion of these sets. And the MOCists there who you consider such poor designers are probably kids — the kind of kids that BIONICLE has been aimed at from the beginning. No need to insult a community like that in what is ostensibly supposed to be a review.

Some of these sets used techniques that I myself had to discover for myself later (no polybags in the Netherlands). I used the simple matoran design of 4514401 for years.

And what are your reasons for critiquing these sets as if they were full-size ones in the first place? I'd like to know why.

So, I say I think the polybags look good for what they are, being promotional items and henceforth not supposed to be compared to mainline releases, and you go and make a topic calling them the worst sets ever?

Real mature Mephek. How old are you exactly?

Also, how is this a review? You don't own them, so how can you review them? I doubt anyone on Eurobricks owns them as far as I know.

Edited by Jetrax99

So, I say I think the polybags look good for what they are, being promotional items and henceforth not supposed to be compared to mainline releases, and you go and make a topic calling them the worst sets ever?

Real mature Mephek. How old are you exactly?

Also, how is this a review? You don't own them, so how can you review them? I doubt anyone on Eurobricks owns them as far as I know.

All of them can be build using existing parts and are simple enough to know what they are like.

How does this make me immature exactly?

Generally all polybag sets are built using existing parts and are very simple in construction, this is not a new concept by any means. Some of them may not have been fantastic, but you need to realize some of these were included with things such as packs of batteries, magazines, or were flat out free with the purchase of something. They aren't meant to be a groundbreaking set, they are meant to serve as an idea of how the system works, how the ball and socket system operates. If people like the idea of it, they can get larger sets and be drawn into the line. With the exception of Click (who was a polybag I noticed you didn't include in this review) these are not canon nor meant to be taken as official characters in the Bionicle story. I won't disagree that these are builds that would have been better left unconstructed, but I don't think they could really be considered the worst Bionicle sets of all time.

That is why we have Gali Mistika. :grin:

All of them can be build using existing parts and are simple enough to know what they are like.

How does this make me immature exactly?

Oh, I don't know, maybe the random, lowbrow, and petty insults against other MOCing communities that have nothing to do with this topic? The creation of an entire topic to make fun of sets without telling anybody anything they couldn't figure out from looking at pictures and inventories of the sets? The embarrassingly juvenile amounts of hyperbole? The perfectly meaningless number ratings? The complete lack of thought or consideration for why these sets were designed like they are?

Even if you think these sets are utter garbage, they're still not as awful as this topic. The sad thing is that a number of your posts lately, like this one and this one, have been just as spammy and frivolous. I don't know why you're surprised that people have doubts about your age or maturity.

Doubting my maturity for having an opinion and bumping a few old threads?

Very valid reason there!

Bumping threads for no reason whatsoever isn't really something that's done at Eurobricks. It's not the most stringent as far as rules about thread revival are concerned (if there's truly something new to add, revived threads are just fine). But you've just been spamming in old reviews and posting your own "reviews" that aren't really reviews at all. Is it any surprise members are finding it a little hard to take you seriously?

Doubting my maturity for having an opinion and bumping a few old threads?

Very valid reason there!

It's not your opinion that's the problem. Aanchir actually described everything that's wrong with this topic.

I'm not going to lock this because there has actually been some discussion that has surfaced from it, but it's far from a review, more of a rant.

Let's try to keep the discussion on topic and discuss the sets not each other.

I saw "worst BIONICLE sets of all time" and then didn't see Umbra or Tarix????

Edited by Darth Vader

I saw "worst BIONICLE sets of all time" and then didn't see Umbra or Tarix????

Oh wow, i forgotten about Umbra and Tarix plus I Know Right but Tarix did have some good pieces.

Tarix was the bomb no hating.

Umbra was surprisingly fun, despite the atrocious color scheme, but there's still a lot to criticize.