StoutFiles

UCS sticker sheet archive?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I'm currently opening and building five UCS sets and do NOT want to use the DSS. I would prefer to print images to a sticker sheet and use those instead.

-Is there currently an archive on here for scanned DSS? Apologies if there is one, but I couldn't find it.

-For anyone that has used a sticker sheet, any suggestions/preferences on what to use?

I would l-o-v-e an archive; especially for older sets (10019, 7163) as in that period of time the sticker quality was really lousy, and LEGO still used STAMPs (Stickers Across Multiple Pieces)...

Probably because the stickers are copyrighted ?

Is that the reason? Cause if not, and if there isn't an archive, I will eventually scan the DSS's I have and put them up to contribute to one. Get the ball rolling.

Is that the reason? Cause if not, and if there isn't an archive, I will eventually scan the DSS's I have and put them up to contribute to one. Get the ball rolling.

Just had a look at a couple of sheets I have laying around from sets I bought purely for parts and all of them without exception have

© (Year) LEGO GROUP

on them. So I would say if you have the sheets, by all means scan them and use them for your own projects, but don't put them on the net unless you want a load of "cease and desist" notices and lawyers knocking on your door :)

I guess instructions have the same thing printed.

And I doubt it is forbidden to share them on the Internet.

I guess instructions have the same thing printed.

And I doubt it is forbidden to share them on the Internet.

Lego make the instructions freely available on their own website....

I'm not saying I'm an expert or anything - Go ahead , scan them, make an archive. If it stays up without any objections from TLG then great - I'm just pointing out the possible pitfalls.

And thats my last word on the matter :classic:

K

Edited by Kaitan

I did some trial scans of the B-Wing DSS, looks pretty nice but I will have to take care of the dust that is evident when scanning at high dpi. Currently testing at 2400dpi and saving in .tiff format. I'll start scaling down from there if I don't notice any quality loss to get a smaller file size to put on an image site.

Here's the image I'd like to try and beat in terms of quality. http://www.brickfactory.info/scans/0010000/10227/177.jpg

Brickfactory has a few sticker scans here and there but not many for UCS sets.

I actually scanned my sticker sheets in TIFF format. If you need them, drop me a PM or something. I do have the plaque scans on my dropbox if you want them (they're colour-corrected and cleaned up via photoshop).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ka5z2zb59x8fb9g/1yLUlUAnPM

The scans I have are for the following UCS sets:

10030 - Imperial Star Destroyer

10129 - Snowspeeder

10134 - Y-Wing

10143 - Death Star II

10174 - AT-ST

10175 - Darth Vader's TIE Advanced x1 Prototype

10179 - Millennium Falcon

10212 - Imperial Shuttle

10215 - Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter

10221 - Super Star Destroyer

10225 - R2-D2

10227 - B-Wing

10240 - X-Wing Red 5

If anyone can get a nice high-res scan of the 10026 Naboo Starfighter plaque sticker, please let me know. That's the only set I bricklink'ed so I don't have the sticker sheet.

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for AFOL.

I will edit each pic to remove the small "specks" of dust.

Do you mind if then I share the pics here ? http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=531321

One more thing : would you please accept to redo the scan for 10212 and 10030 ? The color is off (especially the black).

I have 7191 somewhere on my laptop. So I guess the only stickers missing are 10026, 7181, 10186 and 10019.

If anyone can help....... :)

Sure, go ahead and share it out. I don't really mind.

I can put up the raw sticker scans for 10212 and 10030 if you want. I'll do it later when I get home. My photoshop skills are really lousy actually, haha.

Just want to also point out that some of the colours are already off in the newer ones (or maybe it's meant to be), because some of the stickers I have are more green than blue, while the newer ones are more bluer.

I'm just waiting to see if anyone has the 10026, cause that's the only one I'm missing (but once my parts from bricklink arrives, I'll need one for 7181 as well).

I'm waiting for the generosity of others. :)

There is initiative on LA forum to get original files from LEGO, but so far there was no response.

There is initiative on LA forum to get original files from LEGO, but so far there was no response.

+1 and a :thumbup: for trying!

I found quite a good version for 10019 on the net. I used it for my bricklinked version and it worked quite well.

Please find the file over here.

Sure, go ahead and share it out. I don't really mind.

Great !

I cleaned the 10134. But it is a very long and tedious process. It took me 3 hours... :-S

Here when public : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=531321

It is not a vector format, but the result is still very good.

edit : Henning, great find ! I will add it.

Actually, I already have the 10019, I just never placed it in the folder because the display plaque is really tiny. I've added a new folder in my dropbox containing the raw 10212 and 10030 sheets that I scanned, including my copy of the 10019 (which, in all honesty, is nowhere close to as good as the one henning found).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sb8byvuw3i00rf6/G1BQS9vT0Y

Btw, I forgot to mention this earlier, but I'm not sure whether the black background for all the display plaques are meant to be pure black, or if it's meant to be a starfield (which kind of explains why there are so many small white dots). But after printing them all out, I don't really see most of the white dots anyway.

I found quite a good version for 10019 on the net. I used it for my bricklinked version and it worked quite well.

Please find the file over here.

*kloink*

Just fell from my chair for this file. This is what I have been looking for since a few years! What a beauty; I'll have it printed & implemented next weekend.

Someone give Henning & THS1138 their Star Wars badges; they truly deserved it ! :-)

Edited by HJR

Someone give Henning & THS1138 their Star Wars badges; they truly deserved it ! :-)

Please, thank THS1138 first. His work is fantastic, I just found one file :wink: .

What is really interesting, we had similar topics in the last couple of months as well. Everytime without any results. But now we are almost finished and complete for the UCS. :thumbup:

Edited by henning1010

Haha, I'm just sharing the love for UCS sets, that's all. I only started collecting about 3 months back, and I have pretty much most of the UCS sets now. I didn't have the heart to actually use all the stickers, and having blank display plaques just looked weird, so I decided to scan it all and print it out (used double-sided tape to stick the printed ones to the lego tiles). I figured if I wanted to do this, I might as well see if anyone else wants it.

I actually shared this on a local lego users group forum and saw this topic here as well, which is why I decided to join the forum and post (you'll note that I started posting here first). I check this forum every now and then when I found it but never actually joined cause I don't usually have anything to contribute (until now). I usually just look at everyone's amazing MOC builds and hope to one day build all the most fantastic ones (right now I really wish I can find instructions for marshal_banana's superb sandcrawler!). I already bought a couple of instructions off Anio, haha.

Of course, I also have an agenda which is hoping someone would share the sticker for the plaque for the 10026, but that's just a bonus I guess. I'm just glad everyone is finding the stuff I'm sharing to be useful. :)

Great work guys, Ive been looking to replace my 10019 stickers as they are cracking and comming off. All I need now is a good vinal printer to make some nice quality stickers that wont degrade with time.

I recently bought a used 7181 Tie Interceptor but the sticker isn't looking as great anymore as it was 14 years ago. :wink:

I've tried looking for it online but all I've come up with so far is this one.. If anyone has it in a higher resolution, that would be great. :classic:

Thss1138, you have not 10 posts yet, so, I can not PM you.

Would you please accept to email me at setechnic[at]gmail[dot]com ?

I would like to ask you a favor. 8-)