The Revolutionary - Prologue

Link to Cities of the Westfolk (Part 2):

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=91055

Link to The Wildermen (Part 3):

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=91172

Link to Sparking the Fire (Part 4):

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91571

Hello EB,

This the first (hence the name prologue) vignette in a series of builds (mostly other vignettes) that are centred around my sig-fig, Joash Colbat. Without further ado, here's the backstory followed by the pics:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It started out as any normal day in the valley would. The sweet musky smell wafted from the woods filled Joash's nostrils. He looked up at his father and smiled.

These were the days.

Joash took several deep breaths, taking in the spectacle. The brown leaves on the ground scattered as he walked, parting like seas.

He and his father walked on and on until they reached the river, and then walked beside it. The man-made river was said to originate from the mountains

in the North, its path carved out by the Men of old who lived in the valley.

It was so peaceful, so quiet. And yet there was something intangible about the moment. Joash couldn't quite put his finger on what was bothering him.

Was it those overcast clouds on the horizon? No, that wasn't. Maybe it was the unnatural stillness of the woods. The tenseness.

And that was when it happened. Joash almost expected it. He could feel the disruption when the warriors burst through the forest and onto the beach.

Joash raced for the water and dove in, hoping to lose them.

"Father!" Joash screamed out in a flurry as he bobbed up and down in the water.

"Go, Joash! Make for the Cities of the Westfolk. Flee! This is my fault, not yours. Leave!"

Joash's father stood on the bank, knowing that he would die at the warrior's hands. Defiant to the last, his Father approached the warriors and approached

his doom.

As his father died, one of the warriors, clearly the leader, yelled after Joash.

"We're coming for you!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12046379245_f9c423789f_z.jpg

The Revolutionary - Prologue 1 by JoashColbat, on Flickr

12046670463_448a82cdd9_z.jpg

The Revolutionary - Prologue 2 by JoashColbat, on Flickr

12046669573_a717c7c6ff_z.jpg

The Revolutionary - Prologue 3 by JoashColbat, on Flickr

"We're coming for you!"

12046378405_2cf8124d3a_z.jpg

The Revolutionary - Prologue 4 by JoashColbat, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome. This is my first attempt at vignette story-telling, so please excuse any flaws.

Oh, and I bet I'll be asked why Joash Colbat is a fleshie and the others aren't. It'll be explained later on in the series.

JoashColbat

Edited by JoashColbat

So far a good story, I like it! Good work!

O, and will you post next vignettes in this thread, or do you make new threads?

So far a good story, I like it! Good work!

O, and will you post next vignettes in this thread, or do you make new threads?

Thanks mate! I dunno, should I use the same thread? I might, but if I do, a mod will have to change the thread's title. Link to the second part is at the top of this thread.

Lovely vignette! Have you checked out the Guilds of Historica?

Glad you liked it! Yeah, I have been following GoH, but can I join midway through Book 2?

Great start for a story. And really nice how you depicted the scene. I'm looking forward for more.

I have planned about 5-6 more installments, so stay tuned.

Edited by JoashColbat

Nice work with this, the build is clean and simple, I like it! Great story as well, looking forward to the next one!

Nice work with this, the build is clean and simple, I like it! Great story as well, looking forward to the next one!

Thanks!

Glad you liked it! Yeah, I have been following GoH, but can I join midway through Book 2?

Definitely, we always like to see new members! Just pick a guild, introduce your sig-fig and you're away. We've just finished the first challenge, but there will be a second one soon. In the meantime, freebuilds are welcome!