Blakstone

Middle-Earth Madness - Lothlórien vs Prancing Pony [Week 5]

This is fifth week of Middle-Earth Madness. For the second week in a row, we had a new champion last week: Lothlórien

Before we return to Battle Packs next week, there is one last set that is often talked down as being undeserving in a limited schedule: The Inn of the Prancing Pony

If you had to pick only one Dream set, which would it be?

Lothlórien

OR

The Prancing Pony

Just like last week, these are dream sets so there is no hard or fast rule on what has to be included in either. Imagine you had a chance to greenlight just one LEGO Lord of the Rings set based on a simple description. Which one would you want?

Summary from previous week(s):

Week 4 - Lothlórien crashes Mount Doom 35 to 5

Week 3 - Mount Doom defeats the Rohan Battle Pack 14 to 11

Week 2 - Rohan Battle Pack defeats the Watcher in the Water 14 to 7

Week 1 - Rohan Battle Pack defeats The Green Dragon 23 to 4.

[Moderators, can you convert this thread into a poll please?]

Lothlorien for me yet again. The Prancing Pony would be nice to get more Nazgul and could look really cool like MMV, but I just don't see any new minifigure offerings and it wouldn't have a ton of play features.

Lothlórien sounds great, but I think the Prancing Pony would be even more awesome. I just love any set that has a lot of wooden stuff.

This one's tough. I would like to have an Inn type of building, and I think it could be really cool. But probably the only new minifig that would come with it would be Barliman Butterbur, the owner of the prancing pony, since the logical characters to include would most likely be Frodo, Sam, 2 Nazgul, and maybe Aragorn with a hood . It'd basically be a repeat of Weathertop minifig-wise.

On the other hand, Lothlorien could come with Galadriel, Celeborn, and maybe some other lothlorien elves (possibly another Haldir?), plus the elven tree houses would be really cool structures. So I guess my vote is Lothlorien.

Lothlorien. We've already had a few taverns in the past with Castle and POTC. The Elvish tree houses would be something new and unique. Plus I rather have Galadriel and Celeborn over the barman.

Prancing Pony - we need some more medieval style houses in official sets. And this location is in both of trilogies (LOTR and Hobbit) Lothorien will be some kinda tree vith platform for 1-2 minifigs vith some foliage... Definitely Prancing Pony with Barliman Butterbur and some middle earth citizens :)

Both sound great, but as Hammerhand said, the minifig offering will probably be the same as previous figs, so I vote Lothlorien.

Tough choice. I guess Lothlorien will offer nicer architecture, but Prancing Pony fits better in mediaeval style town.

I'd say Prancing Pony.

Lothlórien, because I agree that the Prancing Pony is easier to MOC and would come with less interesting minifigures.

Prancing pony. Minifigs aside, I've got a soft spot for tavern/inns type stuff. It'd be up to TLG to be creative with cool figs.

That's a tough choice as Lothlorien could boast new minifigs and some amazing trees like Ewok Village. On the other hand Prancing pony would appeal to many because of it's "modular" building style and you could fit in some amazing detail. I'd have to go with Prancing Pony (just barely) as it reminds me of one of my favorite builds, MMV.