Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

Wyndor's Saga Part 3: A Timely Friend

See the previous tales:

Wyndor's Saga Chapter 1

Part 1: A Tragic Beginning

Part 2: A Rude Awakening

Part 3 Intro: An Evil Plot

After leaving Northridge, Wyndor traveled south. It took him many weeks to traverse the land of Mitgardia moving from one ancient site of safety to the next. On the road he heard tell of the defeat of Victor Revolword and rumors of unrest across the land. He met many people along his way. Some of whom helped him, others whom he was able to help. Mayhaps these stories will be told one day, but for now we join Wyndor on the edge of Nocturnus.

12017843916_41ba3bcbbc_z.jpg

He has come to the final gate, just south of Hykerbia, before leaving Mitgardian territory. The gate was in a wall that stretched from the mountains to the sea. It was commissioned by the Jarl and finished shortly before his disappearance. The Jarl was quick to state that the reason for the defended gate was not mistrust of Nocturnians, but rather a desire to improve all defenses across Mitgardia. When he was asked why he started with this particular part of Mitgardia the Jarl had no answer.

12017812376_ee11754437.jpg

Wyndor had heard rumors of Mitgardian slaves passing through this area a couple weeks ago and came to try to find his lost brothers. He sold his horse to a trader named Otar.

12016962555_6a148a5e44.jpg

He was explaining his story to the captain on duty, trying to negotiate the opening of the gate.

12016936405_8b1319c7ab.jpg

“Listen, I am the first son of Graham and a true Mitgardian! I have honest reasons for passing through this gate, as I have explained to you! Wyndor argued.

“There is a civil war going on in Nocturnus Sir Grahamson and I will not admit a stranger through the gate at this time.” Responded the captain.

“How many times do I have to tell you that I had no knowledge of such a war happening! I’ve been on the road for many weeks in search of my brothers. Now open the gate or give me better reasons for refusing to admit me!” Wyndor shouted.

12017748566_bd218e137d.jpg

“It’s the wolf on your chest good sir,” spoke the stranger. “The sign of the wolf often means association with the Wolfpack.”

“Well that IS news to me. In all my travels since Northridge where I bought this armor no one has hesitated to assist me before or accept my assistance.” Wyndor replied.

“Well good sir, these past months have been in no way normal **muttering under his breath: perhaps he has lost more than time on the roads** Well never mind! My name is Steiner, defender of Fangnorst and the truest Mitgardian you will ever meet! **muttering under his breath: and if you meet a truer one I shall have to best him in combat to prove the error** I have sworn to protect all of Mitgardia!” Steiner began.

12017737886_f9123289ab.jpg

“Well, this is a most unique person indeed,” thought Wyndor, “but perhaps I can use that to my advantage.” “Sir Steiner, it is a pleasure to meet so valiant a Mitgardian. As I was telling the good captain here, there is a Mitgardian being held prisoner in Nocturnus as we speak. Mayhaps I could recruit your assistance in freeing him?”

“WHAT!” shouted Steiner. “A loyal Mitgardian being held against his will! Captain! By order of Steiner, defender of Mitgardia **muttering under his breath: and all who might need my help**, open this gate!

12016887715_e7c9a7b1a5.jpg

“I only open it because I have orders to comply with your requests” stated the Captain.

12017216934_332ec722dc.jpg

With a creak of the gate Wyndor and Steiner set off into Nocturnus.

12017118373_1c1cfc4c1b.jpg

See more pictures at my AoM entry.

Actually, it's quite an interesting story to read. I have one problem though, slavery is officially prohibited in Mitgardia!

Great gatehouse, I like the layout of the towers and the whole thing looks very sturdy :thumbup: Funny story too :laugh:

I really like the build, as I said in the other thread. Nice to have some more story and context around it as well :classic:

Great story. I do like the Rascus fig, he fits well in Mitgardia- not a fan of the others though!

Yes, when I saw his figure again I knew right away I had to include him in Mitgardia. If I may ask, what do you not like about the other figs?

Actually, it's quite an interesting story to read. I have one problem though, slavery is officially prohibited in Mitgardia!

I will do my best to stomp out any traces of this illegal slavery! I didn't mean for it to seem like slavery was an every day occurance. It's something that's happening outside of the law.

Great gatehouse, I like the layout of the towers and the whole thing looks very sturdy :thumbup: Funny story too :laugh:

Thank you!

I really like the build, as I said in the other thread. Nice to have some more story and context around it as well :classic:

Thanks! I've been working to make sure my story flows well, it's been great to have this as an outlet for that practice!

A nice story and a lovely moc with great angels!

Thank you! This was my first attempt at such angles and I'm glad they turned out well.