kdenty

ObiVille - My Lego town

Finally got some decent photographs of my town, ObiVille (named in honor of the true ruler of our house - Obi the Cat!)

It's 'Standard' Lego build and lives on top of my two Ikea Malm draws in my 'Lego' room.

I do have room for 2 more modules if I can find somewhere else to display my Death Star (which currently sits nicely in the corner taking up lots of room).

epuBTls.jpg

nepsn9z.jpg

PCbuz00.jpg

1XOY5Wl.jpg

JslrW5H.jpg

c0Jwc3K.jpg

QtXZfx5.jpg

SVspKLb.jpg

lkFeLXy.jpg

bIbc4EJ.jpg

And finally the great leader and Lego Chewer himself, Obi:

NDGRq27.jpg

You may notice in some picture 2x2 turquoise bricks - these are cat deterrents as they sit upside down with a few drops of Olbas oil in them which he wont go anywhere near!

I coveted Pet Store for a long time but surprised myself when i finally got to a Lego store that I came home first with Palace Cinema. Then I got Pet Shop followed by Town Hall then Parisian Restaurant.

I think Town Hall was the easiest and fastest to build as it is mostly building with less interior detail.

Parisian Restaurant made my fingers ache and probably put my blood pressure up with the tension of building it right as it had so many smaller components.

I think my favorite alternates between Pet Store (which just makes me smile with it's cuteness) and Parisian Restaurant (whose colours i love the most)

I think the pictures came out really well today. It was a really dark dull day and the household energy saving bulbs make photos look yellow.

I was taking photos with my Daylight/Sad lamp above my head (which is about 30x40cm and not lightweight) - my boyfriend thinks I've gone nuts!

That Cat! So adorable! I mean ugh, great display!

But seriously, nice display, the first time I've seen someone use the Parisian Restaurants in heir layouts that we'rent LDD.

Your city has a number of superheroes, must be tough being an evil criminal mastermind there.

Ha, Ha, the cat. :laugh: If you can find a good spot to display the Death Star, your town could use a Fire Brigade, a Grand Emporium and of course, a Haunted House. You know, completion and all that. :tongue: The town looks good, though. I'm actually working on an almost identical setup, and I'm running out of room, too.

Cool layout you have there!! And I love that you have a LEGO room :classic: also I think the photos turned out well and your cat is adorable (I love the marking on him, very unique!!)

Thanks for sharing and happy building :laugh:

Great pictures and love to see the Parisian Restaurant appear in more and more layouts... What is it with Lego and cats...i have the feeling that there are many Lego Afols that do have a cat as well.. why is that.. is it because a category of people do like Lego (Afol) and do love it to be at home and make it cosey with building and displaying Lego, and so have a cat that gives a certain cosey feeling as well?? Personally i do not like cats.. all cats from our neighbourhood seem to use my frontgarden as a toilet, and in fall, when i use my leaf-blower, i suck in the dead tree-leaves and now and then some cat-shit is sucked and shredded in as well...and i can tell you.that smell awful and disgusting.. But the layout is great!

Cool layout you have there!! And I love that you have a LEGO room :classic: also I think the photos turned out well and your cat is adorable (I love the marking on him, very unique!!)

Thanks for sharing and happy building :laugh:

It's a 'guest bedroom' which has a sofabed, TV and some draws for storage. I've added shelving for my Lego and Lego lives in and on the draws. It's lovely to sit in there watching DVDs and making up Lego sets. It's small but cosy.

Great pictures and love to see the Parisian Restaurant appear in more and more layouts... What is it with Lego and cats...i have the feeling that there are many Lego Afols that do have a cat as well.. why is that.. is it because a category of people do like Lego (Afol) and do love it to be at home and make it cosey with building and displaying Lego, and so have a cat that gives a certain cosey feeling as well?? Personally i do not like cats.. all cats from our neighbourhood seem to use my frontgarden as a toilet, and in fall, when i use my leaf-blower, i suck in the dead tree-leaves and now and then some cat-shit is sucked and shredded in as well...and i can tell you.that smell awful and disgusting.. But the layout is great!

He's an indoor only cat (being a bengal) so the only people who get to smell that are us! Maybe it's just that cats hang out in photographs (climb shelving/fit next to Lego displays) more than dogs will!

It's a 'guest bedroom' which has a sofabed, TV and some draws for storage. I've added shelving for my Lego and Lego lives in and on the draws. It's lovely to sit in there watching DVDs and making up Lego sets. It's small but cosy.

He's an indoor only cat (being a bengal) so the only people who get to smell that are us! Maybe it's just that cats hang out in photographs (climb shelving/fit next to Lego displays) more than dogs will!

There you've got a point.. dogs are not so often walking around in a layout....!