Cunctator

Cunctator's city

Hi to everybody,

Time for an update of my city with the newly arrived Parisian restaurant!

Let’s start with an overview, as you can see I pumped up almost all my modulars with an additional floor:

a_dscf2231_800.jpg

c_dscf2236_800.jpg

b_dscf2230_800.jpg

Here you have my museum of roman history:

d_dscf2237_800.jpg

The highlight of the museum: a well-preserved skeleton of a legionnaire found somewhere near the city :classic:

e_dscf2222_800.jpg

PR with my Ollivanders shop:

h_dscf2267_800.jpg

My antiquities and "esoteric" articles store with little updates:

i_dscf2239_800.jpg

An old modular renovated, a toy shop selling Lego with above apartment:

n_dscf2249_800.jpg

Town house with terrace:

o_dscf2250_800.jpg

Few updates also to my pharmacy and boutique:

l_dscf2238_800.jpg

My enlarged train station:

v_dscf2228_800.jpg

And of course far from the center, the haunted hause with nearby abandoned cemetery!

z_dscf2259_800.jpg

Hope you liked it! More pictures in my brickshelf as soon as moderated

Bye

Cunctator

Impressive in scale! I really like all of the enlarged buildings. It really adds to the town.

Did I spy a brick built wind turbine?

Whoa... both CC and GG doubled up AND enlarged? That's like 3+ grand in bricks right there *huh* . Me wanna have :laugh:

And the supersized Cafe Corner looks absoutely amazing, makes for a real grand building in that scale.

The rest of the town is very impressive aswell, some really nice MOC modulars (moculars?) that blend in perfectly with the official stuff. :classic:

Edited by Roger_Smith

Really impressed with the amount and styles of your buildings. Can't believe you we're able to add floors to the existing modulars. Someone is certainly flushed with cash. ;) loving the roman museum!

Fantastic looking city... I like how your MOCs fit in so well with the official sets (I especially like the museum and of course the Lego shop!)

Excellent stuff!!

Thanks thrak76, Roger_Smith, Wodanis, lightningtiger, greg3, glad you liked it!

Impressive in scale! I really like all of the enlarged buildings. It really adds to the town.

Did I spy a brick built wind turbine?

Yes it's a motorized version of the wind turbine in set 7747

Wow your modular town is super impressive!! I love all your MOCs, they fit in so well with the officials and they in themselves are very impressive being doubled, tripled and fourpled up :grin:

Amazing scene, don't forget to add your town layout thread to the Town Layout Index, this way it's easier for me to come back and have a look again and again :sweet:

Happy building :laugh:

Very impressive city! Those expanded modular buildings and your MOCs work really well together.

Plenty of lovely details to enjoy in this big sprawling city. And a good mix of enhanced sets and MOCs.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks to all for your comments!

Wow your modular town is super impressive!! I love all your MOCs, they fit in so well with the officials and they in themselves are very impressive being doubled, tripled and fourpled up :grin:

Amazing scene, don't forget to add your town layout thread to the Town Layout Index, this way it's easier for me to come back and have a look again and again :sweet:

Happy building :laugh:

Yes for sure!

This is amazing!So two questions.One-How much money would the whole city cost altoghter?And how long did it take to constuct?

Now the cost would be crazy!

My city started in 2008 with the cafe corner, then it has continued to grow with the modulars each year.

The modulars are great parts pack, what is important is to buy them when they are not yet discontinued and possibly not at Lego full price!

I had the possibility to buy at a good price two green grocers and two café corners when they were still in production, then I “bricklinked” just the middle floors.

Happy building to all!

Thanks to all for your comments!

Yes for sure!

Now the cost would be crazy!

My city started in 2008 with the cafe corner, then it has continued to grow with the modulars each year.

The modulars are great parts pack, what is important is to buy them when they are not yet discontinued and possibly not at Lego full price!

I had the possibility to buy at a good price two green grocers and two café corners when they were still in production, then I “bricklinked” just the middle floors.

Happy building to all!

Sadly for myself (and most of us I think) we missed out on the first three modulars..

Hi to everybody!

It’s a long time that I do not update my city, Ferris wheel and brick bank have arrived in the meantime!

Now it is an L-shaped layout with two cities, here the main one:

city1_1.jpg

city1_2.jpg

city1_3.jpg

My favourite view:

city1_4.jpg

Here the second one:

city2_1.jpg

Modular Gringotts

city2_4.jpg

Cemetery zone:

city2_5.jpg

Train station:

city2_6.jpg

Hope you liked it

Have a good sunday!

Cunctator

Quite an impressive layout you have, Cunctator. And nice to see there is still a development in your city. You are lucky you have the space for expansion - which is needed with those "super-sized" modulars :wink:

I like it with the castle in the background. Together with the architecture, it shows it is a city with a long history. Are you planning having any modern-styled buildings in your town as well, or do you want to stick to the more classic-styled architecture you have got now?

This is a breathtaking city layout and something I aspire to long-term. I especially love the photo of the crook who lets himself down on a rope from the Café Corner to the Brick Bank.

Thanks coffeefund, laka and Dazz!

Quite an impressive layout you have, Cunctator. And nice to see there is still a development in your city. You are lucky you have the space for expansion - which is needed with those "super-sized" modulars :wink:

I like it with the castle in the background. Together with the architecture, it shows it is a city with a long history. Are you planning having any modern-styled buildings in your town as well, or do you want to stick to the more classic-styled architecture you have got now?

Yes I tried to embed a little medieval part. For the moment I have no plan for next developments, probably I could add the DO but i'm still not so convinced by it and also where to place it...

I like more a classic architecture, anyway if the next modular is a modern hospital with a certain size, I think I'll find the space...