Zmei_gorini4

8043 B-model with 360 Rotating Light Beacon

Hi all!

Here is my project, I want to create rotating light beacon for Lego technic.

Design and assembly of the final sample rotating beacon successfully completed. More in it nothing will be updated.

As for me personally, then with a single beam, it looks just great.

features:

8 channel light beacon with smoth effect of rotation inside one 3941 trans-yellow brick (excluding pcb)

Have a standart PF cable.

Small size of pcb.

What do you think about this?

Please, let's not clutter up the theme, questions how much it costs and where to buy, for this I have a PM.

In the first place for me is the development and production of a particular sample unit. for the needs of the individual (include dimensions and functions). but I can not do it for free , I think it needs no explanation .

for this reason I am happy to help in the manufacture of a particular sample devices (I'm talking about simulation models light devices.) , I 'm not talking about only that rotating beacon , I 'm talking about what is needed specifically for your model (include dimensions and functions). which will be fully compatible with Lego PF.

All questions about buying finished or providing a device, you can send me in a personal message.

Thank you !

Thanks!

Edited by Zmei_gorini4

Wow very Nice, can you post more Pictures (Details)

Hi, Polo-Freak.

Work is not over yet, but soon i will finish, and after that i will post pictures.

Oh yes, that's really cool. I'd like to have some of these for my Unimogs...

Pat

Hi, Pat-Ard!

Yes, that really cool. And if you want, i'll may help you to have so of these.

But first, I need to finish this prototype. I think soon I'll finish working on it.

To all!

Here's another video, which shows that the rotating beacon really works very smoothly and has the desired speed of rotation. But all of this is customizable, if it is really necessary.

Thanks!

Edited by Zmei_gorini4

Hi all!

here is the result of work for today

In short:

1 has changed the direction of rotation

2 tried other LEDs with different angle light scattering

and of course the new video

Thanks!

Those lights really do add realism, good stuff.

Hi, JM1971. Yes, it's really good stuff, but requires a lot of work do.

Thanks.

Totally cool, and very compact! :thumbup:

Looking forward to the final result!

TLH

Hi, TwentyLeggedHen.

there is a card(pcb) between the beacon and the plug. and now I'm working on this card(pcb), which will try to reduce its size to about 28 * 28 mm.

Thanks.

To all.

Yesterday I tried to get a few 3941 trans-Orange Brick. To see how it will look in that color, but the sellers in Russia did not have it :sceptic: .

Thanks.

Edited by Zmei_gorini4

Hi all!

Work on this prototype is almost finished.

Here is a video with prototype is installed on my 8043b model.

what do you think about speed of the rotation? maybe is need to be a reduced or increased?

Thanks!

Edited by Zmei_gorini4

Your electronic creation looks great, the light rotation appears to be perfect I wouldn't change anything. Will you provide any instructions to build the light, or will you be selling this?

I have a large number of construction models, these would be perfect. :wink::thumbup: :thumbup:

I can see a market for this. You have already had people inquire about buying them. Good Luck.

v/r

Andy

Yes, there is defenitly a market... I would take four to six of them... How much would they be?

Pat

Speed is Top :-)

Where can I buy the Rotation light module? :-)

Hi, Polo-Freak.

PM

Thanks.

Your electronic creation looks great, the light rotation appears to be perfect I wouldn't change anything. Will you provide any instructions to build the light, or will you be selling this?

I have a large number of construction models, these would be perfect. :wink::thumbup: :thumbup:

PM

Thanks.

Theres something on amazon but is it small enough? http://www.amazon.co...ed light beacon

Hi, JM1971.

Look at the size of an ordinary 9 volt battery and imagine the size of the board. In any case, the question is how it looks mode, it can be a bit of a Christmas garland. :)

Thanks.

I can see a market for this. You have already had people inquire about buying them. Good Luck.

v/r

Andy

Hi, AndyCW.

If people like it and they want to order, then I really would not mind.

Thanks.

Yes, there is defenitly a market... I would take four to six of them... How much would they be?

Pat

Hi, Pat-Ard.

I think you'll be first in line, please read what I said on top of this message.

Thanks!

To all.

where I can open a topic about ordering this item?

I think it makes sense to make two types of devices.

for example

1) Lego pf> pcb> light beacon

I think tonight Moscow time + 4UTC (about 20:00), I will show a sample of the final product.

Thanks.

Edited by Zmei_gorini4

Hi,

maybe each one who is interesseted in this could you provide with the necessary parts and you "only" put them together. Which is the most difficult part IMHO :-)

You can get the 8871 for ~214 Ruble in the German Lego S@H, maybe the russian shop is equal.

Pat

Hi,

maybe each one who is interesseted in this could you provide with the necessary parts and you "only" put them together. Which is the most difficult part IMHO :-)

You can get the 8871 for ~214 Ruble in the German Lego S@H, maybe the russian shop is equal.

Pat

I have found this part at ru forums at price of 250 rubles, but the amount is not yet known. http://www.doublebrick.ru/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=40475&start=0

In any case, I do not think there here to send details to be acceptable as mail also costs money and as a result it seems to me, come cheaper to buy items here, unless of course they will be available. But think for yourself, as you would prefer.

Thanks.

Edited by Zmei_gorini4

I suggest another option, with two beams from a single beacon.

In the evening, put the video in this mode.

ie we you get 4 different versions.

1) a beacon with one beam

2) a beacon with two beams

3) two beacons with one in each beam.

4) two beacons with two beams in each.

Thanks! :wacko:

Edited by Zmei_gorini4

Hi all!

I present to you a second modification of the light beacon with two beams.

I understand that many who do not believe me, here is a video of the main board working with its size. with my nickname and youtube channel name. there is no board of Chinese toys or garlands.

http://youtu.be/BlBFLWHVHEM

thank you.

Hi Pat, see PM.

Hi, JM1971.

Maybe you should try buy one of them and show us the result? :laugh_hard:

I really do not have factories in China and my price will be much higher, but the quality of the product will be different, for the better of course. originally I'm developing this product to ensure compliance with maximum realism, and not blinking or strobe or other low quality effects.

Edited by Zmei_gorini4

Question to all!

Are you able to assemble the device from a kit of self-assembly? This is to reduce the cost, but will require soldering device components you personally.

Thanks!