ahughes

MOC Modular Bakery (First Floor) (WIP)

I wanted to try creating a modular in LDD (don't really have the pieces to make it any other way, but that will hopefully change soon). I thought a bakery would be fun to try. I couldn't figure out a way to populate the shelving with bread/pies/pretzels/croissants in LDD, just imagine that it's there :)

From the front:

bakery_modular.png

From the back:

bakery_modular2.png

bakery_modular3.png

Top view:

bakery_modular4.png

With the storefront hidden to see more detail:

bakery_modular5.png

bakery_modular6.png

Closer in on the oven in back:

bakery_modular7.png

And lastly, a detail shot of how the bakery shelving works:

bakery_modular8.png

I might still add some sidewalk, and maybe a bench or a light out front. We'll see :)

Edited by Rick
Added WIP to title

I think it should be a WIP not a MOC thread, because it's in progress, but what you already have is very great. The details are very cute and I really like the decorations on the floor and on the wall, and the flower on the table is a nice touch. Also seeing that the breadboard is there with a pot for flour you should defientely add an oven, if there is room for it.

Edited by Csacsa234

This is a great start for a modular building! You're certainly not afraid to chuck in lots of colours but the scheme works really well here! And I love all the little details of the interior!

I look forward to seeing some more floors and some real bricks, happy building :laugh:

I think it should be a WIP not a MOC thread, because it's in progress, but what you already have is very great. The details are very cute and I really like the decorations on the floor and on the wall, and the flower on the table is a nice touch. Also seeing that the breadboard is there with a pot for flour you should defientely add an oven, if there is room for it.

Sorry, I'm pretty new to EB, and therefore to the intricacies of naming topics! :) Is there a way I can change it to WIP in the title?

Thanks! If you look at the second to last picture, you can see the oven. I Googled bakery ovens and found something similar. It has multiple racks so you can bake lots of loaves simultaneously.

Edited by ahughes

Sorry, I'm pretty new to EB, and therefore to the intricacies of naming topics! :) Is there a way I can change it to WIP in the title?

Thanks! If you look at the second to last picture, you can see the oven. I Googled bakery ovens and found something similar. It has multiple racks so you can bake lots of loaves simultaneously.

Oh I somehow missed it, At first glimpse I thought it was just a door for a store room, but now I noticed the racks, really nice one.

I noticed the oven - as a former baker I love it! Try chucking a minifig into it to check heights though - one issue I had when LDD designing, when you brick something sometimes heights can be all wrong, as you don't have a minifig to 'reach up' and check things are playable. I like the differing floor tiles for different areas too, and the back door (bakery kitchens get hot!). Are there vents and things? Vents and fans and all that add nice detail and would suit a kitchen. They can help break up blank walls too, like exterior walls.

The rolling pin on the wall is neat, I'd add a few more of those 1x1 plate w/ holder (thanks Brickset) for other tidbits, have you seen the new handheld mixer? So cool! Not sure if it's in LDD mind. And I'd love to see storage - think of all the ingredients! Flour bins and jars and cupboards and shelves (oh my!) a bakery is simply packed with detail.

I'm gonna be watching this one, can't wait to see it bricked. Have fun!

I really liked some of the suggestions that were made here, and incorporated them into a second draft, as it were, of the bakery. I also designed a second floor, see the photos after the revamped bakery photos below. Here are some photos of the ground floor:

Front:

front.png

Back:

back.png

Top:

top.png

Work table and oven:

detail1.png

Checkout counter:

detail2.png

Front bench:

detail3.png

Garbage out back:

detail4.png

And next, the photos of the second floor. The stairs go up to a small landing with two doors, one to a studio apartment, and the other to a pantry/storage for the bakery. Here's the front:

front2.png

An angle shot (the sign would be for the bakery):

angle2.png

Top view:

2top.png

The part of the bakery's pantry that includes the fridge. I tried designing several fridges on my own, and while they were fine, I just really loved the fridge design used by nolnet, which is what you see here:

detail_b.png

Pantry shelving:

detail_a.png

The kitchen of the studio apartment. You can also see the dresser, and a little bit into the bathroom:

detailcorner.png

The apartment's desk and comfier chair, as well as fridge:

detail_c.png

The bed and bookshelf area. Please forgive the red tile in the bottom right corner, I took this shot before I finished painting everything in LDD:

detail_e.png

And the toilet:

toilet.png

Edited by ahughes