The Batmobile has been done several times in the last nearly-a-decade, I want to know what you guys think is the best. Your options are:

Batmobile from 7781

Batmobile from 7784

The Tumbler from 7888

Batmobile from 6864

Mini Batmobile from 30161

Bane's Tumbler from 76001

Batmobile from 76012

The decision is yours

I think 6864 does the best job of capturing the overall image the UCS and 7781 Batmobiles were going for. It might be scaled a bit too small, making the windshield seem oversized, but it gets the overall sleekness much better. I'd say it's probably my favorite of the lot, but the newest one looks and feels a lot better in hand than it seemed in pictures, so 76012 is actually a close second for me. Despite a lot of people's feelings that the new Batman sets are just knockoff remakes of the first Batman line (and in concept, they kind of are, I'll admit), I think the builds are generally a lot better looking overall.

I don't have a very strong opinion on the tumblers. They're really cool vehicles but they aren't really my favorite incarnation of the Batmobile by any stretch.

The first time I saw the Tim Burton Batmobile I thought it was incredibly beautiful so I was tempted to go for that but I actually think the utilitarian design of the Tumbler beats it now... so it's 7888 for me.

I actually think the 76001 Tumbler is a very poor alternative to the 7888 beast.

Big fan of 76001 - I even made up a black version, which looks pretty good. Wonder what it'd look like in other wilder colours?

To be honest I'm not in love with any of these. They all manage to be good, but none of them truly great for one reason or another. Currently I own 6864 and 76012. 6864 is my favorite so far, it's perhaps the only I have no big qualms with other than I wished the wings were different and seated another minifigure. 76012 I feel looks better than it truly is, it's sort of cumbersome and doesn't feel as solid as I'd like. Both versions of the Tumbler have failed to impress me (Though the older one is better purely because of scale).

To be honest I'm not in love with any of these. They all manage to be good, but none of them truly great for one reason or another. Currently I own 6864 and 76012. 6864 is my favorite so far, it's perhaps the only I have no big qualms with other than I wished the wings were different and seated another minifigure. 76012 I feel looks better than it truly is, it's sort of cumbersome and doesn't feel as solid as I'd like. Both versions of the Tumbler have failed to impress me (Though the older one is better purely because of scale).

I love the subjectivity that comes with these things. It's funny to me that I thought 76012 looked kinda bleh in the pictures but really liked it once I built it, and it's evidently the opposite for you.

7784 for me, I just love it. I could never quite understand why it never appreciated in the same way the rest of the Batman I wave did - the lack of minifigures hasn't helped, I guess.

But it was one of the sets that got me out of the dark ages (although it was long gone at that stage; I saw it displayed in someone's house and fell in love) so there is a nostalgic element for me. But also, the long body reminds me of the Batman Animated Series Batmobile, and that version of Batman will always be 'my' Batman. Great build too IMO, although your eyes would go square looking at all the black in the instructions.

7781 for me. I got it when it came out - on one view it was the set that brought me out of my dark ages - and it's still in regular usage with my kids who are 9 and almost 7. It has the size and lines that I think you need in a decent Batmobile, and the spring-launched missile is, literally, a big hit. We've tweaked it a bit over the years - replaced the sticker front lights with trans yellow slopes and the gold wheels and vents with grey ones - because our Batman "only works in black and very very dark grey."

The Tumbler is my least favorite of the TV/Movie Batmobiles but it translates well to LEGO.

So I'll vote The Tumbler from 7888.

I'm a big fan of the TDK Tumbler but have been underwhelmed by the TLG versions. 7888 is way too big for minifig scale, and 76001 just looks way too cartoony for me (and the fact they release such a terrible Bane fig doesn't help, was the worst figure of the year, IMHO). Because of this, I'd take StickKim's version of the Tumbler that I made myself below:

10331694115_0ceae442bb_z.jpg

But, sticking with this thread, if I had to pick a TLG version...I'd probably go with the 6864 one, as it has the best look of a Batman-type batmobile, while having some great features.

My favourite is from the Animated Series, so none of these :(

But if i had to choose, 7781. I hate the modern tank-like thing. And its name tumbler! That's a cup!

7784. The instructions are a pain to decipher, but once built, it's a thing of beauty. Nicely detailed snd well put together. The functions are cool too: the rotating flames and turbines that turn when the car moves, as well as the bat head on the front that flips up. I love the gold bat symbol hubcaps.

I have a 5" action figure that fits perfectly in it to complete the look.

A 1966 Batmobile would be excellent, however my favourite TLG Batmobile so far is 7781 probably.

A 1966 Batmobile would be a perfect release as the tv show is finaly released on DVD this year, or they could release in 2016 when it is the 50th anniversary of the show AND tie-in with Batman VS Superman/Justice League

The first time I saw the Tim Burton Batmobile I thought it was incredibly beautiful so I was tempted to go for that but I actually think the utilitarian design of the Tumbler beats it now... so it's 7888 for me.

I actually think the 76001 Tumbler is a very poor alternative to the 7888 beast.

I feel the same too, and together with The Bat, I feel that it fits more into the realistic Gotham world settings.

I have made my own creation of the Tumblers, together with The Bat. It is much more powerful and well armed, probably because I am not a big fan of funky comic-like designs...

20130213-03.jpg

(from another thread http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=79567&hl= )

I like 76012 the best because it achieves a balance between fantastic and realistic. Just have to leave off the BTB sticker.