mpoh98

Book II Challenge I B: Armathian Stronghold

indexed.gif

Hello All,

Here is my entry into the GoH Book II Challenge I B. Built in a couple hours, this was definitely a challenge to get finished in time. I am not completely satisfied with this build, as it was rushed, but I am glad that I still got an entry into my first GoH Challenge!

Thank you ZCerberus for extending the deadline one more day, I appreciate it!

Enjoy!

11988762825_8c184d0668_z.jpg

GoH: Armathian Stronghold by mpoh98, on Flickr

In order to establish dominion over the mountainous regions, the Black Spire has set up countless strongholds to defend key positions. The Armathian Stronghold is built for strength and power, and has known no defeat. Now occupied and enhanced by the Black Spire, this stronghold defends one of the only passes through the mountains.

11989146244_81b92fc5e3_z.jpg

11989063453_77bffbae08_z.jpg

For the Black Spire!

Soli Deo Gloria,

~Matthew~

Very cool fortress :thumbup: The portcullis in the river is a neat idea and I like the little additions on each side of the fortress.

There are a couple things I think could be improved: there doesn't seem to be a way to get into the fortress :look: and there aren't any windows/archer slits

If this is a rushed build I want to see one you have time to work on!

Thank you! :D I will definitely start working on my GoH entries, sooner. :)

Very sturdy looking. The 2-sided slopes are a very nice touch at the first level. :thumbup:

Thank you mrcp6d!

That's awesome! I love the idea of a fortress straddling a river, great work!

Thanks Lord Vladivus, glad you like it!

Very cool fortress :thumbup: The portcullis in the river is a neat idea and I like the little additions on each side of the fortress.

There are a couple things I think could be improved: there doesn't seem to be a way to get into the fortress :look: and there aren't any windows/archer slits

Thanks Isaac! Well actually, i purposefully didn't put those. I probably should have put a description why. The reason why there is no door, is because you have to get past the portcullis first, and then the strong stone doors are on the inside. :) No window archer slits, because the leader of the fortress didn't want any enemy archer to fire arrows through the windows, especially fire arrows. They would have to be a really good archer, but it is possible. So that is why I didn't put those. :)

nice texture on the walls,

nice sloping.

Just not a fan of those big shields.. but that's just personal :)

Thanks synbiote! Haha, I understand. :)

Wow! Very nice, especially for a rushed entry! Love the shield and textures on the wall! Nice portcullis! I think the foliage and water could be better, but maybe that's just me. :wink:

Wow! Very nice, especially for a rushed entry! Love the shield and textures on the wall! Nice portcullis! I think the foliage and water could be better, but maybe that's just me. :wink:

Thanks Infernum! Yeah, I know the water could be better (rushed entry), but I don't think the foliage is so bad, but that's just me. :wink:

I really like this. Its covered in texture but yet still neat. Great use of the shield, and the roof apex, and are those hinges every other layer alternated with the diagonal bricks on the corners? And the orange underneath the olive green vegetation is very true to moorland nice touch.

Edited by Cara

nice one

Thank you Legonardo!

really like the orange underneath the olive leaves, great job!

Thx Torgar glad you noticed that!

I really like this. Its covered in texture but yet still neat. Great use of the shield, and the roof apex, and are those hinges every other layer alternated with the diagonal bricks on the corners? And the orange underneath the olive green vegetation is very true to moorland nice touch.

Thank you Cara! Yes, those are hinges that are alternating with the diagonal bricks.

Such a beauty! The mottlings on the wall and the water running through is just great!

Very good job with the texturing and overall shape of that tower! I also think that big shield works very well in the way you used it.

I do not however fully buy your explanation for the missing arrow slits/windows...I still think some should have been there :wink:

Such a beauty! The mottlings on the wall and the water running through is just great!

Thank you de Gothia! :D

Very good job with the texturing and overall shape of that tower! I also think that big shield works very well in the way you used it.

I do not however fully buy your explanation for the missing arrow slits/windows...I still think some should have been there :wink:

Thanks Gideon! haha well, that is just the idea I had when building it, now I agree that there should have been. :sceptic: But at the time, I thought it was a good idea. :tongue:

Just saw this,, Very beautiful tower man... Really nice texturing

Thanks Gunman! :D

Stunning stonework, and the large shield works very well in here!

Thanks Ecclesiastes, glad you like it!

Great job on the tower texture! I agree that the shield works really nicely here!

Great job on the tower texture! I agree that the shield works really nicely here!

Thanks Kai NRG! Cheers!

I love the texturing on the walls, and all of the corner techniques. The tower has a very polished look to it, and the square base with the round top work well. The use of the 2x4 double slopes is a great idea, as this the KK2 shield. Excellent work!

The big shield is a good touch.

Thanks The Architect! Glad you like it! I was trying to find a way to incorporate that big shield someway! :D

I love the texturing on the walls, and all of the corner techniques. The tower has a very polished look to it, and the square base with the round top work well. The use of the 2x4 double slopes is a great idea, as this the KK2 shield. Excellent work!

Thanks Rogueang! :D

I don't buy your story about this being rushed. It's a pretty fantastic build. The only thing that looks rushed was the photography/lighting and the editing in the portcullis section. The sheild looks really good as does the whole build. Awesome moc! Keep them coming!