MKJoshA

Book II, Chapter 1, Category C: Sometimes All You Need Is a Warm Body

indexed.gif

See the previous parts of the story:

Wyndor's Saga Part 1.

Wyndor's Saga Part 2.

Category A.

“All is prepared?” She asks.

“Yes Lady Edea, this potion is guaranteed to brainwash even the strongest willed Mitgardia.” Varl replied.

“Good,” she said, “this slave cost me enough; he had better serve his purpose well.”

11976397154_735680174b_c.jpg

Lady Edea takes the potion from Varl and moves towards Natolyth.

Do you know why I support the Black Spire slave? Lady Edea asks.

“Your petty civil wars are no concern of mine and I refuse to be your slave!” Natolyth spat.

Edea continued as though Natolyth hadn’t responded. “Even though Nocturnus is notorious for housing any who live on the fringes of the acceptable, those in authority still had to be answerable to the king. The particular religion I practice didn’t sit well with the king and Ssilyrrlith persecuted us into hiding because of it. Now, with Lord Raavage about to take control we can come out of hiding and begin to once again claim converts for The Denizens of Darkness.”

Realizing he might be in bigger trouble than he imagined Natolyth asked, “And do you brainwash all your converts or do you having some other evil intention in mind?”

11976007805_96ba0c8443_c.jpg

“Oh no,” Lady Edea replied, “I wouldn’t waste my time trying to convert you. What good is a brainwashed disciple? I need you to be a surrogate spell-caster. Many of our rituals require complex spells that take their toll on the caster. I will use you to perform these rituals without personal harm to myself, at least, until you no longer posses the strength to be of any more use to me. Then you will prove useful in other matters.”

“So what will you cut off of me first? My hand? My toes?” Natolyth inquired.

“Now you are beginning to understand.” Lady Edea answered with a smile. “I have been capturing Mitgardians who were foolish enough to live on the border with Nocturnus for some time now. I bought you because I needed someone special for a spell that will help Lord Raavage win this war. Consider yourself, and all of your tribe converted to my needs!”

11976823026_d0f8788990_c.jpg

11975982315_72f7c57716_c.jpg

11976391974_49415ac880_c.jpg

OoC: I ran out of time to finish all the details on this before I had to post it. But, I will be updating it and finishing the inside to continue Wyndor's story in a later freebuild.

Edited by kabel

The building looks amazing! Perfect for Nocturnus, the windows and roof especially :thumbup: Great base too :classic:

Really nice! Love the architecture! Nice statue! Love the windows and cheese roof! Love the story and crosses too! :classic::thumbup:

Thank you so much everyone! I was really bummed that I ran out of time to finish detailing it before the contest ended. Hopeful you'll like it even more when I get time to update and photograph it next week.

This is awesome! Lots of different architectural styles and yet it still pulls itself together. I bet you could throw out some awesome Halloween MOCs too :wink:

This is awesome! Lots of different architectural styles and yet it still pulls itself together. I bet you could throw out some awesome Halloween MOCs too :wink:

Thanks! This was a first try for many different building styles for me. My first go at a round tower, stained-glass, and cheese-slope roof. I'm glad it all flows :sweet:

As for Halloween MOCs, I'm not a big collector of "scary", Monster Fighters, CMF monsters, etc. So I think it would be challenging to build anything appropriate outside of Nocturnus builds.

i like the roof... nice job!

Thanks! It took much longer than I anticipated because I kept running out of cheese slopes and having to incoporate more tiles instead! :tongue:

Nice work MK! The overall design and colour scheme are great, and perfect for Nocturnus. Like others have said - the cheese roof is particularly lovely. And I also really like your statues. I'm not too crazy about the railing around the area above the door way - but I can't quite figure out what's going on up there, so I'm not sure why.

Looking forward to seeing what else you have in-store for this build.

Nice to see a black building! Hard to see the details (as always with the black buildings..) but I really like this one! I like the minifigs as well!

Nice work MK! The overall design and colour scheme are great, and perfect for Nocturnus. Like others have said - the cheese roof is particularly lovely. And I also really like your statues. I'm not too crazy about the railing around the area above the door way - but I can't quite figure out what's going on up there, so I'm not sure why.

Looking forward to seeing what else you have in-store for this build.

I have a lot left to work on with the railing area, so that's why it looks unfinished :tongue:

Nice to see a black building! Hard to see the details (as always with the black buildings..) but I really like this one! I like the minifigs as well!

Yes, black buildings are so hard to photograph! I'm hoping to get better pictures up next week!

Good job creating a suitable atmosphere, and a lot of nice (or not so nice :wink:) details!

Evil atmosphere and good story, I also like the roof, well done :thumbup: