robuko

Book II Challenge 1B - Serpentine Hall of Nocturnus

indexed.gif

11976313956_a7c68ec083_c.jpg

Lord Queztlcoatl of the Serpentine and his flying snake clan have a message for the Black Spire.

Come on then if you think you're hard enough!

annnd..that's 1000 posts!

:classic:

Edited by kabel

+1 For awesomeness.

I was hoping you would have an entry. Looks really good, I love the entry way. the way you finished off the dome was excellent too.

Stunning! I love the colours you used and all the small details. The flying snakes look awesome.

Wow, those colors look great! The texture is nice too, I love the use of the droid heads.

Too awesome! Love the door! Nice use of domes, and the dragon sticker is great! Nice, unique, color scheme! Love your architecture! :sweet::thumbup:

Nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: You captured the oriental feeling very well :wink:

Wow! Very nice build overall and very good selection of colors. There are just so many nice details and unusual parts use that I don't know where to start :classic:

If I have to pick one favorite detail it must be the upper part of the detailed window to the right hand side. But the other window on that tower also looks perfect!

Edited by Gideon

Fantastic colors and texturing :wub_drool: The gold accents look amazing the octagonal? tower looks very good :thumbup:

thats completely crazy,i love it

wheres your moc expert tag? :laugh:

Holy bananas! This is so crazy and yet so beuatiful! The colours... all those colours who works so great togheter! Love it! Great work!

I know I shouldn't bump an old post, but I'm just catching up on these entries, and wanted to tell you that this is fabulous! I really love the color scheme and design, and the part usage is excellent. I'm going to steal a whole bunch of ideas from this… I think we need an Asian guild in GoH, or at least an Asian city. Perhaps we could make MikeS's Okatowan (from his Inside Kaliphlin postcard) the default location for Asian-style builds...

I was hoping you would have an entry. Looks really good, I love the entry way. the way you finished off the dome was excellent too.

Thanks Ska. I was having real problems with the doorway, it was the last thing to build, and then the idea of an organic doorway like a crab's mouth somehow seemed a really good defensive idea. No-one gets through that without the password! Topping off those domes is a bit of a challenge, I'm glad you liked my idea.

wow many different unusual parts used/// nice moc!

Thanks Gunman, I 'm glad you like it.

Great work!

Thanks Silver.Smith!

Stunning! I love the colours you used and all the small details. The flying snakes look awesome.

Thanks Simon. The whole build is small detail, really! The flying snakes are an Egyptian reference, it was the first thing I built and I liked it so much I had to buy another Chima set just for the wings.

Damn, this is just awesome. I love the colours used, and the flying snake man is great!

Thanks LV! The colours of red and sand green are inspired by the many temples that use them here in Hong Kong, and especially by the beautiful King Yin LeiINLINE-King-Yin-Lei.jpg?itok=QxGtx-4e.

And gold because, well, you know, Kaliphlin vulgarity. And it's in the Nocturnus flag.

Wow, those colors look great! The texture is nice too, I love the use of the droid heads.

Thanks Torgar. The texture is really complex, this might be the most technical build I have ever done. To get the plates to stand only 1 unit proud of the walls (which I really wanted) while having a polygonal structure needed a huge amount of behind-the facade SNOTwork. Droids are quite good for detail!

Too awesome! Love the door! Nice use of domes, and the dragon sticker is great! Nice, unique, color scheme! Love your architecture! :sweet::thumbup:

Thanks Infernum. I'm glad you like it. I was quite happy with the way the dragon windows echo the curves of the flying snakes. I wanted to bring vertical and horizontal continuity of structure with the plates and gold lines, this thematic continuity was a happy accident.

So many details it's hard to pick a favorite! Windows, door, domes, patterns,...

Thanks qiadris. My favourite is the patterning :wink:

Nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: You captured the oriental feeling very well :wink:

Thanks Wedge. All about local inspiration in this one.

Wow! Very nice build overall and very good selection of colors. There are just so many nice details and unusual parts use that I don't know where to start :classic:

If I have to pick one favorite detail it must be the upper part of the detailed window to the right hand side. But the other window on that tower also looks perfect!

Thanks Gideon. You're right, the upper window is better, I ran out of pieces to duplicate it. That thing is held together with pure hope!

Love the touches of gold and the winged snakes.

Thanks mrcp6d, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Fantastic colors and texturing :wub_drool: The gold accents look amazing the octagonal? tower looks very good :thumbup:

Thanks soccerkid, that is 100% of my sand green and 98% of my gold and red right there! I'm glad you like it. The tower is 10-sided, the angles are set by the cheese slopes between the hinges

so much color :)..we're not used to that bright things here in GoH :).

nice job

Thanks synbiote. Yeah, I decided to use more colour in the mix after seeing how great CBB's Kaliphlin scene was. Historic doesn't have to mean bley!

thats completely crazy,i love it

wheres your moc expert tag? :laugh:

Thanks Legonardo, I'm glad you like it. Crazy is where the good stuff is. I would be pretty terrified to have one of those tags!

Holy bananas! This is so crazy and yet so beuatiful! The colours... all those colours who works so great togheter! Love it! Great work!

Thanks de Gothia, I'm really happy that you like it.

I know I shouldn't bump an old post, but I'm just catching up on these entries, and wanted to tell you that this is fabulous! I really love the color scheme and design, and the part usage is excellent. I'm going to steal a whole bunch of ideas from this… I think we need an Asian guild in GoH, or at least an Asian city. Perhaps we could make MikeS's Okatowan (from his Inside Kaliphlin postcard) the default location for Asian-style builds...

Thanks NM, It feels like it was just a few days ago but then there have been about 1000 AoM posts since :laugh: :laugh: . I'm really glad you like it, Please steal away, I'm flattered. I have had a go with a few East Asian builds in the Inside Kaliphlin series, with my lion dance in Qarkyr and dragon boat race scenes. I have been scattering them over the Eastern part of our great guild, I always thought they would just intermingle with the rest of the buildings.

Wow, this is beautiful....the color design and texture is phenomenal! Wonderful work! :D

Thanks Matthew, I'm really happy you like it

:classic: