ResIpsaLoquitur

The Lego Movie Events Schedule

Hey, can this be posted here? This post isn't quite about sets, and not quite about the film, so I'm posting here until somebody tells me better. Anyway, there's a LOT of events and release dates related to The Lego Movie in the next few weeks. I thought it'd be nice if we could condense them here so people know what to look for. If anyone can suggest anything, I'll edit the post when I have time and add it. (I'm putting US dates for now, but I'll be happy to add non-US dates if someone can tell me what they are.)

January -

13 - Free Emmet Poster, The Lego Store

20 - Free Lord Business Poster, The Lego Store

21 - "Build Like The Lego Movie Master Builders" (get a free accessory pack), The Lego Store

25 - TLM Movie Event, Barnes & Noble (US)

27 - Free Batman Poster, The Lego Store

February -

1-28 - Free Piece of Resistance Set with $50 purchase at Shop.lego.com and Lego Stores

Variable - Color Me Mine Lego Movie Event

4 - Free Micro Manager, The Lego Store

4 - Soundtrack Release Date

4 - Video Game Release Date (Free Wild West Emmet figure with preorder at Gamestop; Free Robot Radio DJ with preorder at Walmart)

7 - FILM RELEASE DATE! Free Pajamas Emmet for Crown Members at Regal Cinemas; Free Robot DJ for Stubbs Members at AMC Cinemas.

7 - Movie Cups in McDonalds' Happy Meal

7 - Super Secret Police Enforcer Polybag appearing at Toys R Us

8 - Toys R Us Event - Build Emmet's Car

17 - Sea Cow Release Date for VIPs

22 - Lego Club Meeting (Movie themed), The Lego Store

March

1 - Build the Lego Movie Event, Barnes & Noble

June-

1 - Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP, Super Secret Police Dropship, and Construct-o Mech released

7 - Lego Movie Day at GameStop (Movie Emmet available again)

14 - Build a mini Master Builder, Toys R Us

17 - Blu-Ray/DVD release

28 - Lego Movie Club Meeting, Lego Store (get a Unikitty T-shirt)

Future -

??? - Micro Manager Battle Polybag Released (nobody's seen it yet)

Anything else I haven't accounted for? Let us know!

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur

Was in my local store this week and an employee told me there was also a "surprise" Benny poster that could be had by way of unlocking a code on Lego's facebook page. Take the code into the store and they give you the poster. However I haven't seen anything on Lego's facebook page about this.

I heard someone mention that you had to go to a Lego employee and say "Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!!" to get a poster. I think it is the one you're talking about.

I heard someone mention that you had to go to a Lego employee and say "Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!!" to get a poster. I think it is the one you're talking about.

Thanks, I'll let my son do that since we are getting the posters for him.

I wonder how wide spread the movie release will be? My local cinema has no mention of the LEGO movie in its 'what's coming soon' style magazine? When I asked at the cinema they did not seem to know what I was on about. I am hoping that it will not be something that is only shown at Saturday Mornings kids sessions, that would not at all be suitable for adult viewing as I do not have a kid to take and there will be spilt drinks, and popcorn everywhere not too mention a lot of noise! Maybe some of us will have to wait for it to come out on DVD.

So since VIP early access to the Simpsons House is going on starting tomorrow, can we assume that the early VIP access starting Feb. 17 is for MetalBeard's Sea Cow? We don't know of any other exclusive sets yet...

I was lucky enough to get all five of the posters on Tuesday, and was told the Sea Cow would be available early for VIP's. All store employees get to see the movie for free, which I thought was a very nice gesture from Warner Bros. I am hoping there will be some midnight screenings on Thursday the sixth.

Wow, that is a nice gesture for a free movie! I'd like to get all the posters

I keep seeing more and more trailers play on tv for the movie....making me more pumped to see it -ha-ha!! It's all Emmet`s fault bouncing around in his room saying, "I`m so pumped!"

The B&N event is Saturday at 2 PM. There are only spots for 50 kids. We signed our son up today. I would recommend signing your child up early. The employees still don't know what will be taking place yet.

So since VIP early access to the Simpsons House is going on starting tomorrow, can we assume that the early VIP access starting Feb. 17 is for MetalBeard's Sea Cow? We don't know of any other exclusive sets yet...

Yeah, I'm sure it's for that set. However, we do know of the D2C Sandcrawler set for Star Wars, but that should have an early access on April 17th.

Added the Sea Cow thing to the February schedule. Anything else?

Is the Barnes & Noble thing at 2 pm? I could have sworn my store said it was 11 a.m., which is more convenient since my daughter has ballet class at 2. Maybe it varies by store?

Edit: OK, *my* B&N is doing 11 a.m. However, a search of all the B&Ns in the area show variable times: some at 11, some at 2. If you want to go, double-check the time!

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur

I cannot wait until February 7th. I have some friends that want to see it, even though they are not AFOLs. Of course, I'll be a happy camper when they distribute the DVD. After seeing this, I will have to visit McDonald's on a daily basis JUST to get the cups. I hope I can get a full set.

Awesome! Toys R Us is having a "Build Emmet's Car" event on Feb 8. I was waiting for them to announce a Lego Movie event. I added it to the schedule above.

Anything else I haven't accounted for? Let us know!

Well, it's a little late for this now, but you might want to add that there was also a free Wyldstyle poster from the LEGO Store the week before the Emmet one (if just for the sake of completeness).

Well, it's a little late for this now, but you might want to add that there was also a free Wyldstyle poster from the LEGO Store the week before the Emmet one (if just for the sake of completeness).

Yeah, I left that off since the promotion had already passed.

Went to the Barnes & Noble Event today. The kids got a free movie poster and did some activity sheets which entered them in a raffle to win free movie tickets. (We didn't win.) So my daughter had fun, but there was no free bricks or figures.

On March 1 (I think), B&N is having a "Build the Lego Movie" event. I don't know what that is--perhaps they'll dump out some bricks and let the kids play with them. I added it to the schedule above.

I can't rush myself to watch the movie on the 7th of Feb, but I will watch the movie on either 22nd or behalf of March.

If anyone goes to the Monthly Mini Model Build event for the Micromanager, could they please either scan or take a good enough photo of the instructions?

If anyone goes to the Monthly Mini Model Build event for the Micromanager, could they please either scan or take a good enough photo of the instructions?

They'll be posted on this page, probably the same day or shortly after. From the photos of the build, you should already be able to figure out 90% of the parts and how they go together. My guess is that it's held together by 1x1 bricks with studs on 5 sides.

I tried to do the B&N thing, but I needed to be or have a child. Oh, well.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Took my son to the B&N event today. Activity sheets and a drawing for a movie stand up. Then, they gave out Lego set 20202 MBA Kit 3 Robot designer sets that they happened to have laying around. Great little set, but no instructions and unable to find them for this set.

The lady leading the event said that B&N is going to start doing monthly events for kids and they have the next two months scheduled.

Took our son to the B&N event. To say it was very unorganized would be the understatement of the year. They did the activity sheets and got the free movie poster. Dumped out some Lego and said here build something then walked off. Came back and said here is 1 Nook with Lego games on it for you to play. 1 Nook and 50+ kids doesn't end well. My son wasn't all that thrilled with the whole event.

For those who didn't see in the Special Forums, Pajamas Emmet will be available at Regal Cinemas. DJ Robot will be at AMC Theaters for their Stubbs members (which already costs $12). Both require you to see the film in 3D.