Gideon

Book II Challenge 1 C: Recruiting a Cyclops Tribe

indexed.gif

Soraya of the Hashishin (presented in category A) has been sent by the Black Spire to recruit a tribe of cyclops. The cyclops matriarch has has accepted to join her forces to the cause of the Black Spire, after some persuasion and promises of freedom for her tribe from the Nocturnian yoke of tributes they have long suffered under.

Soraya hands over the colors of the Black Spire to the cyclops. They will soon get ready to go to war and join the ranks of Lord Raavage, and finally get their chance to dethrone that pesky Lord Ssilyrrlith.

11971535126_789c685fa9_c.jpg

11971528596_7f9b5fb2ea_c.jpg

11971548256_af5ed94400_c.jpg

Soraya does not want to know what is in the cooking pot.

11971914144_5de1278cb5_c.jpg

Every Nocturnian tribe with some self-respect maintains a pumpkin patch.

11971514845_b608b37c74_c.jpg

Edit:

I would like to claim the following UoP DoH credits for this build:

Architecture: Roofing (1/3)

Architecture: Wooden walls

Anthropology: Tribal scene

Anthropology: Life in Nocturnus

Edited by kabel

Very cool build, and I like the character tie in as well. All of those Cyclops are great....wish I had grabbed more of them!

Very cool build, and I like the character tie in as well. All of those Cyclops are great....wish I had grabbed more of them!

Thanks! I had planned on writing more of a story for this one, but that would have required more builds that I did not have time for since this one really doesn't leave much room for fleshing out the story.

I was inspired by Ska's battle for Queenscross where cyclops had recently fought when I found some series 9 minifigs in Finland for €2 (cheaper than in Sweden) and some of the cyclops followed the knights and forest maidens home with me :wink:

Edited by Gideon

I really like the low houses/huts with the dark green roofs. Nice job with the landscaping as well! :thumbup:

I would like to claim the following UoP DoH credits for this build:

Architecture: Roofing (1/3)

Architecture: Wooden walls

Anthropology: Tribal scene

Anthropology: Life in Nocturnus

Nice! Love the vine-y roofs! Nice story, and awesome figs! Nice palisade! Love the skulls and pumpkins. :wink:. Not the biggest fan of the landscaping, a little too blocky and simple in comparison to the rest of the build IMO. Nice work! :classic:

Planning on making enchanted pumpkin pie eh? Great build, and it's nice to see someone using the cyclops as a tribe.

Great job on the houses and the wooden wall! I agree that the landscape could have some more details (smaller plates) to fit the rest of your awesome build better :wink:.

Nice! Love the vine-y roofs! Nice story, and awesome figs! Nice palisade! Love the skulls and pumpkins. :wink:. Not the biggest fan of the landscaping, a little too blocky and simple in comparison to the rest of the build IMO. Nice work! :classic:

Great job on the houses and the wooden wall! I agree that the landscape could have some more details (smaller plates) to fit the rest of your awesome build better :wink:.

Thanks! It was actually the huts and figures which were the idea for this MOC, the landscaping did maybe not as you say get the attention it deserved. Was too eager getting category B going again (was stuck with tricky rockwork there) at the time when I finished this. But what do you think of the color scheme? I thought that the dark orange gave a suitable Nocturnian feel :wink:

PUMPKINS!! :classic:

I really like the walls, definitely fits the tribe feel. The roofs are nicely done as well.

Thanks! I deliberatly tried to make the walls look like a not too strong palissade, since it's more a protection against surprise raids than a fortification designed to withstand a siege.

Planning on making enchanted pumpkin pie eh? Great build, and it's nice to see someone using the cyclops as a tribe.

These pumpkins look quite ordinary, at least they don't have any faces. But who knows what else could be put in a Nocturnian pie?

The idea of making a cyclops tribe came to me when I put the fortune teller hairpiece on a cyclops, it looked too good in my opinion not to use as a prominent cyclops :wink:

UoP DoH +1 on all claims.

Thanks gedren!

Well done those houses look great!

Thanks! Their roofs are probably what I'm most happy how it turned out here :classic:

Brilliant idea with the fish rack.

Thanks! There is another one behind the hut to the right, but I should have put it in some place where it was more visible...

Soraya does not want to know what is in the cooking pot.

xDD

we will hit your forces right at their eye hehe!

excellent job Gideon... lovely tents there

Those little huts are great! I love the roofs :thumbup: Great palisade too. Also the fish hanging and pumpkin patch are excellent details :classic:

Definitely interesting roofing technique there! Looks pretty heavy but quite nice! +1 for all four UoP credits!

Gee gideon, this looks really close to what I had in mind when I started my building my shraliek camp. I just didn't have the bricks and time to go all the way with it.

That said, I really love this moc. The palisades, the huts, the tree, everything just looks extremely good (as always).

Wow Gideon! Such a lovely scene! The cyclops sure looks great! I like the dk orange scattered across the moc!

Gee gideon, this looks really close to what I had in mind when I started my building my shraliek camp. I just didn't have the bricks and time to go all the way with it.

That said, I really love this moc. The palisades, the huts, the tree, everything just looks extremely good (as always).

Definitely interesting roofing technique there! Looks pretty heavy but quite nice! +1 for all four UoP credits!

Those little huts are great! I love the roofs :thumbup: Great palisade too. Also the fish hanging and pumpkin patch are excellent details :classic:

excellent job Gideon... lovely tents there

Those huts are fantastic!

Thank you all! Glad you liked the hut design so much since that was the part of this MOC I put the most effort in :classic:

Wow Gideon! Such a lovely scene! The cyclops sure looks great! I like the dk orange scattered across the moc!

Thank you! It seems like the dark orange is a matter of taste, some people seem to think it a bit out of place...but I like it in combination with the brown/dark tan and I'm glad you agree :classic: