de Gothia

de Gothia in Barqa

de Gothia and his two sons, Albion and Elijah follows the ship to Barqa. They meet up with Sir Gideon and soon he show them the great city of Barqa.

Albion is always talkings to the civilians, learning and try to speak their langauge. Elijah chases after a giant dragonchicken with his mighty sword.

de Gothia listens to all the clever soloutions made in Barqa as he will implement them in his villages back in Benoic.

11945473736_e19bd07fa0.jpg

11945480106_3c1a86b31d.jpg

11944928023_49f7efc116.jpg

C&C as always much welcome!

Gideon: I hope you like my version of your city! =)

Really nice scene you made here! And since this is your first build in the South, I think you've done a tremendous job of catching the feeling of a hot desert town. Right on dude!

Lots to like here de Gothia. Architecture is spot on, minifig posing is spot on, details are great--my favorite tidbit is the barrel with wine flowing out of it as signage,

This is excellent. I love the colors and the photography is perhaps your best yet. Great border, figures, color pops- just awesome overall!

Nice to see a freebuild in the midst of all the contest entries. I love everything about the build! Your base is so tall. Do you just use an obscene amount of bricks to make it work or is there another secret?

Excellent build. It is so colorful and pleasing to the eyes. I like the wooden tables and the tree just fits perfectly. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Wow, this is exactly the kind of atmosphere I have in mind when thinking of Barqa! It reminds me a lot of the old city in Jerusalem.

The tavern with the figures outside is my favourite part, just looks so Middle Eastern :classic:

There are definitely some details here and there I might borrow for some future build.

Nice to see my sigfig there as well :classic:

What headgear do the guy to the right underneath the tree and the guy to the far left have by the way?

One piece of photography advice, put some bricks behind the windows of "half-buildings" so that the open backside is not visible. Either just add a layer of black, or put some other color to have it look like curtains (or why not partially curtains and the rest black? :wink:)

Lovely Kaliphlin scene, I love the numerous doorways at different elevations :thumbup: The tables are a great touch as well. This makes me want to try building something in Kaliphlin :classic:

Lovely Kaliphlin scene, I love the numerous doorways at different elevations :thumbup: The tables are a great touch as well. This makes me want to try building something in Kaliphlin :classic:

If not before, I suppose you will get your chance when the civil war in Kaliphlin breaks out for real (in one of the upcoming challenges).

Thanks for all the uplifting comments! The whole scene started with that olive tree in the middle with the stair next to it! I love to build in Kaliphlin, cause you don´t have to build roofs! :tongue:

Nice to see a freebuild in the midst of all the contest entries. I love everything about the build! Your base is so tall. Do you just use an obscene amount of bricks to make it work or is there another secret?

Some premolded old castle walls, a lot of multi colouring bricks so no, not that many bricks under and behind the moc!

Wow, this is exactly the kind of atmosphere I have in mind when thinking of Barqa! It reminds me a lot of the old city in Jerusalem.

The tavern with the figures outside is my favourite part, just looks so Middle Eastern :classic:

There are definitely some details here and there I might borrow for some future build.

Nice to see my sigfig there as well :classic:

What headgear do the guy to the right underneath the tree and the guy to the far left have by the way?

One piece of photography advice, put some bricks behind the windows of "half-buildings" so that the open backside is not visible. Either just add a layer of black, or put some other color to have it look like curtains (or why not partially curtains and the rest black? :wink:)

I think the hairpeice is from Brickforge. Lego should definetely do one!

And the photo advice is taken! Thanks! :)

I have one more kaliphlin build in the pipe before de Gothia returns home!

Some premolded old castle walls, a lot of multi colouring bricks so no, not that many bricks under and behind the moc!

Thanks for the building info!

Stunning, especially because of the colors working so well together. :wub:

Are Elijah and Albion ready for adventures with grandpa? :wink:

This is very cool! Nice town, it looks busy and clean at the same time, as a city should. :D Love the border as well!

Great build! I like the brightness of the whole atmosphere and all the little details! :thumbup:

...I love to build in Kaliphlin, cause you don´t have to build roofs! :tongue:

Definitely a plus! :laugh:

It looks fantastic, very "compact", yet so many details, I love it!

Maybe I should try to build something in the South as well.

This is lovely, everything is great, the scale and proportions of the buildings, the motion of the figs, the colors, and the photography.

Once again fantastic job mate! :thumbup::classic: