Sign in to follow this  
TGP

How long does it take Lego to respond/react?

Hello fellows!

I habe bought the 10188 Death Star two weeks ago, and unfortunately there was a part missing.

The set is supposed to have 19x 4211616 and 20x 4211617 (it's the big 6x12 light grey angled plates, which make up most of the floor plates around the edges), but what I got was 18x 4211616 and 21x 4211617, so I'm missing one plate with the cutoff on the left side.

I have used the missing parts formular on lego.com about this, and I also got a reply mail saying that they received my request, and will send me another mail as soon as the part is shipped. That was 10 days ago. I haven't gotten any mail since then, let alone the missing part.

I was wondering if some of you have used this way to contact Lego about missing/wrong parts, and how long it has taken in their case for some reaction or the delivery.

Mistakes like this can of course happen, but I don't really know where the problem is in sticking a single part into an envelope and send it across Europe... I would've hoped that Lego was a bit quicker with solving such issues.

For a set that costs around €400, it is more than annoying not being able to finish it. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by TGP

Hey, thanks for the replies guys!

I somehow missed the part about allowing 21 days on the official site... Kind of a bummer to be honest, it's not like it's an entire big and heavy set box they'd need to ship...

Edited by TGP

They get a lot of requests and I'm sure they can't afford to have a lot of people working in the free parts department.

That must be really frustrating. I have the Death Star and it is amazing. I though I had some missing parts but when I went back through the instructions I had used the wrong length bricks in some places!

Sometimes I get really stressed building stuff thinking that parts might be missing but get too exited to count/check before building!

In the US, they ship from Denmark to Alabama I believe and then out to the customer. I know with their expanded manufacturing facilities around the world, it seems more and more sets have pieces missing. I have had to do it with 5 sets in the past 2 years but none prior to that in 8 years.

I usually get my parts in 14 days but it has been as long as 21 so that is a fair number to have stated.

I got the mail confirming the shipment of my missing piece this morning, asking me to allow 7-10 days for delivery... fair enough!

Seeing that it takes so long for pretty much everyone, I shall hereby retract my slightly bummed attitude :thumbup:

I have claimed a brick on January 5th and they reply me at 14th saying the envelope is sent and the shipping to Spain will take 10-14 days

Placed the order on January 15th, it shipped on the 25th. It's February 6th and I'm still waiting...

In the US, they ship from Denmark to Alabama I believe and then out to the customer. I know with their expanded manufacturing facilities around the world, it seems more and more sets have pieces missing. I have had to do it with 5 sets in the past 2 years but none prior to that in 8 years.

I usually get my parts in 14 days but it has been as long as 21 so that is a fair number to have stated.

I live in Alabama.

Edited by JPN366