ACPin

[MOC] Interior designer

Time to call in the interior designer(?)

11974743603_ec0a164291_c.jpg

Abe's Cribs

11965392575_cd11647e87_c.jpg

Emmet on the job

Get a grip on it people!

I don't know why some get all worked up when somebody comes up with an unusual design/technique. Then try to one-up by doing the same thing and claim they did it first or that somebody has already done it and accuse you that you're a copycat.

First of all, these are common bricks that can be put together in so many different ways that it's bound to happen that different people can come up with a design/technique that are similar.

Second, the end result might be the same but the solution could be different.

Third, I lay claim that anybody who does this design/technique is a copycat!

AC

11930709356_b347e22d2d_c.jpg

I dunno man, I'd have to call you the copycat since I've been using the two-stud leg-to-plate connection for minifigs for many years. :laugh:

I like the house side design, it's pretty cool. Uses quite a lot of parts, but so many possibilities with that (damage, color, etc).

Thanks all for your C&Cs!

Instead of creating another thread for this series of vignettes, I've decided to keep them in this thread since they'll show the various phases of construction for the old colonial house.

Now it's Abe's turn.

AC

Nice, but couldn't a similar appearance be accomplished with plates and cheese-slopes?

Saw that done before but the cheese slope side is thicker and up front the effect is similar. But not as natural looking when viewed from an angle.

AC