Sign in to follow this  
Alfadas

Moc - Round tower in Mitgardia

So a while ago I asked you guys tips for making round towers, and I got some good tips. Here is what I came up with:

11888529923_6235540694_c.jpg

11888258625_0e9da1ec7f_c.jpg

11888677204_7c078424d8_c.jpg

The tower is high for me, around 25 bricks high and about 12 studs in diameter.

11888675504_cf84cc5e12_c.jpg

And look who there is, a nice orc with a golden ring.

11889087116_6895dd764e_c.jpg

Hope you like it, more pics on my flickr!

Edit: I would like to claim UoP credits for round walls and towers

Edited by Alfadas

Wow! This is a great first attempt at a round tower! The door area needs a little work, but that's a normal challenge with round towers. The whole build is simple, but works well. Your pictures are improving also, but they still need some work.

I think you have improved greatly! The tower is looking very well but I´m missing a shot of the whole tower at once. Now you just have some half pics showing your moc..

The landscape is better but I think it could be even better with some more plates and some more texture on it!

Glad to see your improvements!

Thanks! I will upload pics of that here tomorrow, when I can take proper pics. Let me just say this, I didn't make the platform round. It is just a collection of plates that is a bit roundish. I made a tower with 1x6 bricks, that supports the platform.

the usage of the round tower technique is actually rather nice and something one has to try out. What I'd change though is to distribute the colors more unevenly. Btw, why did not enter this in the AoM contest?

Thank you! I didn't even think about having more color variation, but now that you point it out, I think why didn't I do that? But well, good for a next round tower. And about AoM, I think it has way too much change from my phase ll tower. I have pics of phase lll tower, can I post them?

@DeGothia: here is the pic of the tower:11950318283_7f11d727a1_c.jpg

And for lenjoyLego89 and MKJoshA the pics of the inner tower and platform:

11950471294_20df5eeda5_c.jpg

11950321203_1aba7593ea_c.jpg

11950320943_795655370f_c.jpg

Hope that helps!

I'll give you +1 credit for the round tower!

The vines climbing up the sides add a nice touch as well. I do think you could do a better job on the landscaping though - why is brown dirt and grass on top of stone?

I do think you could do a better job on the landscaping though - why is brown dirt and grass on top of stone?

Well, as this is in a part of Mitgardia where there is absolutely no green, because the ground is too much stone, they decided to take a lot of dirt whit them, and plant seeds, so there is some green. That's why there is dirt on top of stone.

Nice attempt at a round tower! Some opportunities for improvement as others have pointed out, but worth a UoP +1 for round tower :classic: