Kristel

MOC: Sugar & Spice (Modular Building)

Really amazing MOC, Kristel. I agree that the grey facade is not a problem. I think it's because of all the details that break the monotony of a grey wall. And yet, the details aren't too much either. And the blue/white walls are incredible. It was one of the first things I noticed from the interior. Combined with the tiled floor, it makes the Sugar & Spice a "non-LEGO" LEGO cupcake shop. I think it looks good with the "Friends colours" in all the grey, it really brightens the impression of the building. The rooftop garden - just the way I like it :thumbup:

Oh, damn!

The 45 degrees pavement on the ground floor, is something I was putting in my next modular building!

I love it.

Very beautyful buildng and interiors... Very sunny!

Another modular worth drooling over. The white does really pop. I think it is hard to work with white on the exterior, but it works nicely here. The flooring is neat. Maybe I'll try that someday. Where do they make the cupcakes? The kitchen is well done. And the bedroom furniture is neat.

Keep up the great work.

I think the more impressive thing is you have multiple MOCs still built to display next to each other. Most people build one, take pictures and destroy.

I think the more impressive thing is you have multiple MOCs still built to display next to each other. Most people build one, take pictures and destroy.

Is this the real way of making Mocs?

I mean, really Afols usually build and destroy their Mocs.

My friends and me usually keep all the Mocs. So when we make events we can count on these... :)

Thanks Timmy, cja, Redhead, majorna, Cloney, laka and dr_spock! I'm glad you like it.

I love your style, I love your creations.

Bravo !

When will you present a big layout ?

Thanks castor-troy. I'll be presenting a big layout when I win the lotto or my mortgage is finally paid off. Whichever comes first. :grin:

Another modular worth drooling over. The white does really pop. I think it is hard to work with white on the exterior, but it works nicely here. The flooring is neat. Maybe I'll try that someday. Where do they make the cupcakes? The kitchen is well done. And the bedroom furniture is neat.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks LegoDr. There was going to be a small kitchen added in the back, but the owner made an executive decision that she didn't want to get up at 4am to start baking and so has them delivered instead.

Sorry to shatter the illusion, but I actually built the two other buildings (without interiors) in the 24 hours before the shots were taken and they were then broken down immediately afterwards to use the bricks elsewhere. :blush:

Is this the real way of making Mocs?

I mean, really Afols usually build and destroy their Mocs.

My friends and me usually keep all the Mocs. So when we make events we can count on these... :)

For me, yes and no. The modulars I have built for my daughter are still in her layout. The others get broken up so that I can use the bricks in the next MOC.

It's a shame... so many beautiful Mocs... :(

I really cannot effort the idea of destroying my Mocs...

Nice building. The facade is good, especiallly the front of the shop which is superb.

Also a very clean interior. Nice details. I like thoses striped walls in the shop and nice seating areas as well.

So many wonderful architectural details. You have perfectly captured the feel of New York style buildings. Very basic earth or stone tones above the ground floor, with a lot of simple texture. That detailed grey is just perfect.

It's a shame... so many beautiful Mocs... :(

I really cannot effort the idea of destroying my Mocs...

Not destroyed; just temporarily in thousands of pieces, scattered across a multitude of sorting boxes.

Nice building. The facade is good, especiallly the front of the shop which is superb.

Also a very clean interior. Nice details. I like thoses striped walls in the shop and nice seating areas as well.

Thanks!

So many wonderful architectural details. You have perfectly captured the feel of New York style buildings. Very basic earth or stone tones above the ground floor, with a lot of simple texture. That detailed grey is just perfect.

Thanks!

Your work is always incredible. The facade looks very realistic and I love all the little details you put in. You can see something new every time you look at it.

I really like that building. So much details, and the colors match so well...

I'm not really familiar with town building, but I like those really nice and detailled buildings :classic:

Your work is always incredible. The facade looks very realistic and I love all the little details you put in. You can see something new every time you look at it.

Thanks!

I really like that building. So much details, and the colors match so well...

I'm not really familiar with town building, but I like those really nice and detailled buildings :classic:

Thanks!

Really amazing. I just love all the details in the house. Well done.

Edited by solta

Kristl, you are one of my favourite builders. Your MOC's seem simple but are really sophisticated and allways with tastefull ineriors. This build is no exception! Love it.

Really amazing. I just love all the details in the house. Well done.

Thanks!

Kristl, you are one of my favourite builders. Your MOC's seem simple but are really sophisticated and allways with tastefull ineriors. This build is no exception! Love it.

Thanks!

I'm in awe by your designs yet again... Looks like I may have to add another one of your buildings to my town...

Your building is really really nice! Another great creation from you!

I really like the white entry, the way you used the 5x6 trans panels with smaller windows, the stripped 1x2 bricks.

To be very exigent, maybe I will have used some white 1x2 grilled tiles instead of grey. And for the roof section, instead of putting the 2 curved bricks in the middle of the section, I will put them on top of the 2x2 tiles columns, but it's seems really hard to do, because of the even and odd sections (I don't know if it's clear!).

The details inside are really great and lovely to : it's colorfull but not too much, very well detailed and very well executed!

Great work here!

Kristel, this really is a wonderful MOC! Fantastic!

I would have just one request: Can we have a closer look into the bathroom? Would be much appreciated!

I'm in awe by your designs yet again... Looks like I may have to add another one of your buildings to my town...

Thanks! Better start those instructions ...

Your building is really really nice! Another great creation from you!

I really like the white entry, the way you used the 5x6 trans panels with smaller windows, the stripped 1x2 bricks.

To be very exigent, maybe I will have used some white 1x2 grilled tiles instead of grey. And for the roof section, instead of putting the 2 curved bricks in the middle of the section, I will put them on top of the 2x2 tiles columns, but it's seems really hard to do, because of the even and odd sections (I don't know if it's clear!).

The details inside are really great and lovely to : it's colorfull but not too much, very well detailed and very well executed!

Great work here!

Thanks, Alex! I did play around with the positioning of the curved slopes on the roof, trying 1 brick gaps, 2 brick gap, double slopes right across, matching the placement of the columns in the facade, etc, but but this is the one that I liked best.

Kristel, this really is a wonderful MOC! Fantastic!

I would have just one request: Can we have a closer look into the bathroom? Would be much appreciated!

Thanks! Did you have a look at the photos on flickr? There are a few more images there that have the bathroom. Let me know if there is a specific angle or detail you are trying to see.

Thanks! Did you have a look at the photos on flickr? There are a few more images there that have the bathroom. Let me know if there is a specific angle or detail you are trying to see.

Thanks Kristel, I'll have a look at them!

Love it! Really well thought out, and one of those MOC's that looks simple at first glance, but once you start to really look the techniques are so impressive. Great job!