Dr Leg O Brick

How many AFOL's "Swoosh"?

So, pretty self explanatory, I was curious, how many of us AFOL's "swoosh"? What ship/plane/flying contraption/thing do you think's the most swooshable? And most importantly, how many of us add the pew pew pew and rown-tuf-tuf-tuf noises?

My MOCing attention seems focused on buildings. Last time I checked, buildings don't swoosh very well. It's a bit of a shame.

I swoosh maybe once after building but more common with my builds is Brmmm-Brmmm-ing...

Cheers

Rog

I thought it was mandatory after building a flyer? Got to make sure everything is in order and she's ready for flight.

I certainly do! All SW fighters and TIE-s are fun, but real stars are Sopwith Camel and large yellow-red technic chopper, with bttery powered main and back rotors.

I tried also with UCS Millenium Falcon (with turret removed and holding with one hand directly for technic structure), but its risky business (and you need to have really strong hand).

The 2013 Coast Guard Plane is incredibly swooshable, and all of the X-Wings are as well. What's really fun is taking an Advent Calendar Millennium Falcon into battle against a UCS Star Destroyer.

It's possible to enjoy a model of a flying vehicle without swooshing it? :wacko:

I don't know, even if I'm enjoying the view, really appreciating it I mean, I suddenly have an urge to grab hold of the flying vehicle, no matter how perilous it might be, and run round in circles till I go dizzy going pew pew pew pew! Then again, it could just be me. Thank you all for you reply's, it's great to see I'm not alone in my swoshing endeavours, and some great stories here. From the looks of it, we've got swooshing for flying vehicles, and we now need vrooming for ground vehicles, splooshing for sailing vehicles, choo-chooing for trains, and yeownnnn-CRUNCHing for buildings. I think my spell checker just suffered heart failure after that last sentence.

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

I make sounds with everything Lego, my Cat's meow, my dogs bark, my frogs moo, it's all good!

I especially like swooshing vehicles from action themes, and as far as going "pew pew pew" I do it sometimes, but it's always involuntary! Is it just instinct to make that noise?

I don't know, even if I'm enjoying the view, really appreciating it I mean, I suddenly have an urge to grab hold of the flying vehicle, no matter how perilous it might be, and run round in circles till I go dizzy going pew pew pew pew! Then again, it could just be me.

Sorry, I was trying to sound exaggeratedly shocked and oblivious to the fact that you could possibly not swoosh and still enjoy a model. I fully support swooshing. :thumbup:

I swoosh sometimes when I look over my tractor and construction machine MODs and MOCs after doing modifications :laugh:

I don't know, even if I'm enjoying the view, really appreciating it I mean, I suddenly have an urge to grab hold of the flying vehicle, no matter how perilous it might be, and run round in circles till I go dizzy going pew pew pew pew! Then again, it could just be me.

Don't worry, your not alone. Just don't forget to,

picture_2.png

Even as a kid I never did this stuff. Used toys to fuel my imagination and just imagined things.

I don't think I could not swoosh my aeroplanes or my star fighters from Star Wars. My vehicles may not swoosh unless at high speeds but they do vroooommm!!! Errrrrrppppp. Hit the breaks!

Edited by Wodanis

I swoosh around a little bit, mainly to see how sturdy it is when being picked and moved around quickly.

Ofcourse, it's part of the experience :laugh: Also someone should get KimT into this thread, I'm sure he'd have an interesting answer :grin:

My kids and I love a good swoosh, pew, pew, pew and boom crash, which is usually followed by "daddy can you fix the ..."

On a seriuos note (which I do apologies for) the swoosh-ability of a set really impacts how often, and how long the set is played for by my kids.