Dr Leg O Brick

How many AFOL's "Swoosh"?

It's possible to enjoy a model of a flying vehicle without swooshing it? :wacko:

^ This.

No flying (or indeed undersea) vehicle can be considered complete until it has been "swooshed". In the same way, no wheeled vehicle is truly complete until it has been (even if only gently) "zoomed". And yes even non-functioning wheeled vehicles always get "zoomed" a little - usually on a smooth surface with imagination providing the "rolling" of tires. :laugh:

I almost exclusively collect LotR/Hobbit sets, so sadly there isn't a ton of swooshing going on with me. I still manage to get a swoosh or two out when I send a dwarf or elf catapulting through the air though. There also is a lot of cling-clanging going on :grin:

Edited by Deathleech

When I got my Kai fighter (great set bytheway) I swooshed under my house. Felt like idiot for a few seconds but it passes! :laugh: tho technically I'm a TFOL so....yeah.

All the time when I "play" with my lego sets or custom minifigs. I will even do it if I move the set.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

Sorry to be a party pooper, but vehicles in space don't "swoosh" or make "pew, pew, pew" sounds. In space, as they say, nobody can hear you scream.

But that doesn't stop us, or directors, adding sounds, as swooshing sounds much better than {silent space swooshing} :laugh: . Zooming, splooshing, cling clanging, swooshing, and choo chooing, we'll be able to start a dictionary soon.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but vehicles in space don't "swoosh" or make "pew, pew, pew" sounds. In space, as they say, nobody can hear you scream.

LEGO spaceships telepathically Swoosh. :laugh:

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

Yes.

I've built a large 4-wheeled thing that's about 16" wide by 24" long (40.5 x 61cm) weighing about 10lbs/5Kg (no pix, unfortunately), and I, at one point, swooshed it to my fave tunes, thinking nothing of its weight. It is something that rolls, not flies, but imagination knows no bounds.

Of course, I've swooshed other things, too.

You asked "Swooshed to your fave tunes?" Take some sheet music, draw a curving line through the notes, like connect-the-dots, but as a spline, not a series of straight lines. Now, imagine that line as a roller coaster track, hills for high notes, valleys for low notes, and you're riding the coaster as the music plays; a ride set to your favorite song, or, in this case, not as a RC track, but as a flight path, and you follow it with your Galaxy Explorer or your X-Wing or anything in between, while the song is blasting on the stereo.

Fire the lasers? Never done that.

I don't swoosh as often as I should. I tend to grab the MF and fly it around. It's pretty bulky though.

I'm sure my daughter would love to swoosh some ships, but I haven't let her yet.

Having lived for half a century now, I think I stopped swooshing a long time ago.

I don't SWOOSH, I don't WOOSH, and I certainly don't PEW PEW. I get as close to the actual sound as I possibly can.

No swoooshes(mainly because I don't build planes:)) but lots of engine noise:) it does add to the pleasure of building.

Swoosh in is a must! A MOC of a spaceship, plane, or anything that moves isn't complete with appropriate sounds effects!

Occasionally I do swoosh sets when reviewing or testing their structure and fragility :)

I can't name the most swooshable set or model, since I am not familiar with many plane or ship models that I recently used for swooshing. Sorry. I could name the worst in my experience which is the Republic Cruiser, set 7665. Since it's so large, you have to hold it from the bottom with two hands and in hand to hold spots. The mid-section is good for handle but the model is too large even for an AFOL like me to swoosh around. Oh well.

Take care,

Maniac4Bricks :)

Hello Im mechamike, and Im a swoosher.

There have been periods In my life when I rejected that fact that I was a swoosher and didn't swoosh openly and only swooshed when I was alone. But now Im out of the closet and friends and family knows and understands that Im a swoosher. (However I try to restrain myself from swooshing in the nude (at least i keep my sock's on. :innocent: .) and I try to be a bit quiet when doing the various sound effects to accompany the swooshing.

Swooshing is not only a great way to put smiles on peoples faces, (or make em stare) it's also excellent to make sure Your model will have some fair chance of being displayed without falling apart by it self or loosing bricks.

cheers!

Swoosh in is a must! A MOC of a spaceship, plane, or anything that moves isn't complete with appropriate sounds effects!

I agree Swooshing a plane, submarine, flying creature, or spaceships are as important as the bricks themselves! I like to Swoosh the Epic Dragon around my dorm, and I know I'll be swooshing Benny's SSS when I get it. Who cares what your roommates think, I even think some are jealous. :devil:

Edited by lego3364

I have to admit myself, that sometimes whenever I have custom scenes that is part of SW, or any ships etc, I have to add a noise to make it more realisitic. I am also glad that I am not the only AFOL that does this. Imaginativity is something of greatness and nothing wrong with at all, no matter how old. :grin:

I'm pretty sure there was a "Swooshing required" pre-requisite in the form I signed in order to be an AFOL when I came out of my Dark Ages :tongue:

I think "swoosh" should become the "official" expression for any AFOL interaction with Lego that results in some sort of sound production (especially pleasant, "life is good"-like productions!)

Upon completion, usually said ship gets a swoosh or two around the room then straight to display shelf.

I certainly do the swooshing motion but don't think I make a specific swooshing sound.

Edited by BirdOPrey5

Looks like im in the same shoes as some others. It is part of the set building ceremony for me, after building a flying vehicle, you have to swoosh, pew-pew-pew, to make sure everything is in order usually after that it lands for displaying. I'd like to do Chewbacca roars as well, because I managed to mimic it quite well, but I need an MF for that, or a costume, meh life is hard. :laugh:

I hold up most spaceships to view them from different angles and sometimes to see a flight mode/wings in different positions, but unfortunately I don't actually swoosh very often, if at all. It's pretty difficult with some of those bulky models too. The Republic Dropship with ATOT being carried takes the biscuit!