Sign in to follow this  
Farnheim

MOC: 4wide crash tenders

Hello once again.

The fleet of the Farnheim airport fire services are also in need of a modernization. That's why I disassembled my old (less detailed and pretty simple looking) crash tenders to build two new ones by the end of 2013. These twins feature a reburfished high reach extendable Turret (HRET) and a front mounted combined water-foam cannon. Both MOCs also got a modified bi-color scheme to improve its visibly. The black colored cabin is inspired by Ziegler's Z6 and Z8 to get my trucks look more up to date.

gflf100-125-1503.jpg

gflf100-125-1505.jpg

gflf100-125-1502.jpg

gflf100-125-1507.jpg

gflf100-125-1512.jpg

gflf100-125-1514.jpg

gflf100-125-1516.jpg

gflf100-125-1517.jpg

gflf100-125-1519.jpg

gflf100-125-1520.jpg

gflf100-125-1521.jpg

Hope you like it (a bit) :wink:

Bye for now...

I also love 4 wife and these quiet simply rock , awesome details , that official lego look that I love , I may even go far enough to say perfection

So good to see some 4 wides again, Farnheim. I have never really decided on a size yet. I like the extra details on 6 wides, but the 4 wides are ... just more original. They don't dwarf buildings or compete with trains in size. And you can tell the difference between a car or a truck.

Your crash tenders show my point exactly. They don't look like small cars, just because they are 4 wide. And yet, you have managed to put in a lot of details. The robotic arms on top of the tenders are just great. And so are the pictures :wub:

EDIT: And ohhh... Those "red" wheels - even hidden behind black bricks, they bring up the memories :cry_happy:

Edited by laka