Jim

[JFAIR] JanuFebruairy...and March...Information and Discussion

Seeing the Spitfire reminds me.....JanuAIRy FebruAIRy JanuFebruAIRy.....JFAIR month!

Not really sure whether we should have a clear purpose, but let's start it either way.

Let's Build Flying Things!!

Or things related to flying.

I will make sure that one or more MOCs get frontpaged along the way.

If you create a topic, please start with [JFAIR] so we know it's for the theme month(s).

Feel free to discuss, post suggestions, etc. However, please not that I don't have budget for prizes and that theme months are not a contest. So no voting stuff etc.

There are some little "prizes" to earn: Technic and/or Pneumatic profile tags!

Technic Tag

technicgear2.png

Pneumatic Tag

technic_pneumatic.png

Can I enter 42025? :grin:

Oh wait.. no prizes :sceptic::laugh:

Sure you can. Rebuild it in black. I would like to know how this looks....besides looking black :laugh:

By the way; there will be prizes! I will award some Technic and/or Pneumatic Tags!

Technic Tag

technicgear2.png

Pneumatic Tag

technic_pneumatic.png

I have edited the first post!

I'm actually considering making an ultimate 42025, which I could enter I guess :tongue: . I first need to find a shop that sells 42025 parts though, I'm not going to buy a second one ...

Edited by jantjeuh

I'm actually considering making an ultimate 42025, which I could enter I guess :tongue: . I first need to find a shop that sells 42025 parts though, I'm not going to buy a second one ...

Cool :thumbup:

Everything goes!!! :sweet:

Sweet! I'm needing a use for all this pneumatic stuff I have! :P

ANNND I know just what to make!!!

Mwahhhahahahahahahha :tongue::tongue:

First person to actually fly something wins!

Oh, we already had this discussion.

Nice to have this sort of thing to motivate people. Makes them try things they might not tried otherwise.

Nice to have this sort of thing to motivate people. Makes them try things they might not tried otherwise.

Yeb I know... :look:

:laugh:

True!

I have a half finished MOD which I really want to finish now. Otherwise I would not have continued with it :thumbup:

And I heard Ryan is going to buy a new gazillion parts this weekend. He's definitely going for the Frontpage :tongue::wink:

Well, does this count?

860672_484874674905849_1286094917_o.jpg

Larger: http://img.osudim.org/221/Original_860672_484874674905849_1286094917_o.jpg

This is the early variant of the thing I'm working on during last year. Yes, this bricks are intended to fly (or at least crash nicely) but there is some cheating involved of course (third-party powertrain, controls and lot of glue). However, airframe is 100% LEGO. I'd like to make separate topic about it if this would be interesting for community.

(I eagerly watched for Carsten Swendsen progress, pity that his work is stalled)

I was going to enter this and try and build an Autogyro/Gyrocopter but unfortunately I'm going to be living away from home for the next 6 weeks during the week and then I'm moving across the country to a new job so I think unfortunately that project will be put on hold ... even if I recently purchased 9396 for the main rotor blades for this and then 8026 and 42025 just because !

I did start to put something together on LDD but I couldn't find the suspension arm part (5m with ball cup) from 8297 in LDD so I came unstuck ! Also I hit a brick wall with how to do a shaft that can transmit rotation but also extend where both ends are linked via 90degree gears.

So most of the Technic is all packed away in boxes ready for the move ... but I might try and get in a quick (and small) model if I have some spare time this Saturday and Sunday night !

Well, does this count?

Maybe not for Frontpaging, but sure, it does count! Go for it!

Like I posted earlier, everything goes, no limits!

I did start to put something together on LDD...

Some LDD MOCs or Techniques would be great as well.

Be careful what you wish for :laugh:

A tag for an actual flying MOC would be appropriate! :wink:

@LegoPanda Yes, please!!

Someone went shopping.... :tongue:

IMAG0015_zpsd35488b5.jpg

I will make a WIP topic soon for what I am making...

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I might have to come up with something for this. I was planing to build a P-38 sometime anyways, so I might be able to have it done in time for this.

Sure you can. Rebuild it in black. I would like to know how this looks....besides looking black :laugh:

42025 in black:

0k5p.jpg

pjfl.jpg

nnr3.jpg

ioz3.jpg

9oxu.jpg

2y7u.jpg

I built it a couple of days ago because the set isn't available in NZ yet, plus I can't afford it at the moment.

I decided black would be a cool colour because the only other colours I could use were red and yellow, and airplanes aren't usually that colour.

Also, this: :grin:

5886694837_ca34b2b534.jpg

(source)

Figuring out how to build alternate 3x11 panels was interesting because they are all attached differently.

This is definitely an amazing set, and I will definitely be buying it when it is available/I can afford it.

What I would really like to do is build a combination model only using parts from 2x 42020 and 2x 42025, specifically the C-130J Super Hercules (the small helicopters for the extra required propeller blades)

Here is a C-130 Hercules in white and blue:

640px-thumbnail.jpg

(source)

Nice! It looks....black :laugh:

ok, i will make something really fly, am i allowed to do a co-build for this or do i have to work alone

No rules :wink:

Nice! It looks....black :laugh:

No rules :wink:

ok, good

i have already stumbled upon a huge problem, helium can only carry 1.11 gram per litre, so i need a lot of balloons, and make it as not that heavy