Sign in to follow this  
Hobbythom

Modular Asian Restaurant

Hi guys and girls!

I'd like to show you my entry for the LOWLUG Modular Madness competition. It is an Asian restaurant in a former industrial building.

Front

11859549694_f2b98c761f_b.jpg

Rear side

11859546684_fa849f0b35_b.jpg

Rearside 2

11859109335_c3a3dc6f36_b.jpg

View from above

11859922456_e2bbac71b9_b.jpg

Detail upper floor

11859085435_95b0be069e_b.jpg

Main dining room downstairs

11859089885_6ef2e1000b_b.jpg

Kitchen

11859527644_9f2705c199_b.jpg

More pics on my Flickr account!

Wow! I love the blocky design and round entrance! It realy seems like an industrial building! Well done and nice addition to any modular alley!

This is amazing!! The colors work real well together (IMO). Great details inside!

These type of corner modulars are a challenge to make....but, you did exceptionally well with this one for sure!

Very nice. I love the inside corner approach, and I'd like to see this one in combination with other buildings if possible.

I like this a lot, the interior and exterior are very well done! The inside corner is something I haven't seen before, it will make for a more interesting street layout for sure. I'm loving your alley and delivery entrance too - is that a sand green fish?!

The front face and the interior are impressive, but I'm a huge fan of the rear of the building! I love the grime and the run down feel to it.

Congratulations on such a successful inside corner.

The facade is obviously a challenge when there is so little of it :) and thus doesn't become the big part of the MOC that it normally would be on a modular building. But I like the curved parts a lot. The big plus with the inside corner approach is that you essentially can build the back of the building twice! Both those parts look very nice - the kitchen entrance is just as slightly shabby as is should be, and the side that has the tables on the porch is lovely, I'd very much like to have some noodles there. The interior is top notch as well, and the open solution between the floors is very typical for a building like this. All in all a very good effort. I hope you'll do well in the contest - although you have some stiff competition.

Wow, this is just to beautiful for my eyes to handle. This is the custom modular with the best entrance. Definetly keep up the outstanding, awesome and great work! :classic::wink::thumbup:

The front face and the interior are impressive, but I'm a huge fan of the rear of the building! I love the grime and the run down feel to it.

Of course you do. :-)

I love that inside corner, the upstairs, and the kitchen. Hell it's all awesome!

This is fantastic! Modulars set up like this for corners really give you a lot of options for your town, and the decor on this is a homerun! The details behind the restaurant are probably one of my favorite details.

This is a great building.

Do you have a picture of it with other modulars on either side?

As other posters have said, the entrance is fantastic - It has a real "hole in the wall" feel (like you'd miss if if you walked past). I bet a photo of it integrated in to a street layout would make your presentation even better.

great job, I like this a lot better than the current Parisian out there, too bad TLG didn't have your design instead. Love the industrial, the back even the inside of it looks great, it's gritty and I think I might have been in this place in San Francisco.

Great modular. You don't see that many inside corner buildings.

It looks nice. And you did a great job on the interior. Everything is perfectly fitting the theme, like e.g. those sliding doors.

I definitely would buy this modular set! So many cool details from the circular entrance to the two exteriors built out. WOW!!!

Edited by Legogal

I really like the idea, the way the building is set up (interrior and exterrior), parts usage, and the colors!

It's a nice small building you'd be proud to have in your town.

Making an inverted corner modular building is a challenge, and you did a great job. The minimal front facade is very interesting with the curved windows, but the back side and the interiors are the true gems of this MOC. The color scheme is interesting, but what I like the most is the difference between two sides of the buildings - on one side there's a lovely outside seating area, and just around the corner, there's more chaotic background.

Oh wow! A wonderfully stylized Asian Restaurant and the elusive Inside Corner. Well done!